Nexus SM-8500 Silent Wired Mouse

TheMechEngineer

This is an interesting product that I found about a year ago, personally it's great value and worth looking at.

I used to play games on my computer that required a LOT of clicking, which ended up annoying other people around me.

The problem is that every damn mouse available makes normal clicking sounds, so it took time to find something alternative but eventually I came across this Nexus SM-8500 Silent Mouse and ordered one.

Cost is about US$30 (but I got mine for US$22) and can be hard to find online for sale, obviously there aren't many features because it's quite a basic mouse.

Build quality is quite nice, comfortable to use (not ambidextrous unfortunately), the materials feel good quality for the price and there's two additional buttons near your right thumb.

Both the left and right click buttons are close to silent, and the mouse wheel is also silent.

And that's about it.

But man alive is it worth it, I've been clicking like crazy on this mouse for at least a year now and nobody else can hear it, even when in the same room.

Since I've owned mine, I also purchased more for other members of the family and they all reckon it's much better than a normal clicking mouse.

It has my Engineer's Stamp Of Approval for sure.

sm-8500Btop.jpg