Konami fucking up news?

SImoHayha

Looks like Konami maybe don goofed with physical game copies for PC.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain retail PC disc doesn't even contain the game whatsoever. But only a steam installer which requires the user to download the game. Says one user whom managed to nab a PC copy early.

Now am pretty pissed off actually if this is true. What about PC users whom don't have a fast internet connection ? At least GTA V offered a physical DISCS sure it was nearly 7 discs but still it was better then nothing. It took me three days to download GTAV and not to mention the infamous files being corrupted which also required 4 additional hours to re-download the broken files.

It doesn't help we don't get to pre-load unlike the consoles as well.

Hopefully this is false and people whom nab the physical copy of the game for PC can help see if this is true or not.

User whom manged to nab a early copy of MGSV:TTP for PC.

hopefully this is false or maybe even an error.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Is it just me or the Twitter link doesn't work?

This is exactly what happened to me with Skyrim. I went to the midnight release and was super pumped to play it when I got home. Steam installer. Fuck you Bethesda.

This isn't the first time. Lots of companies do this now.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

This isn't the first time. Lots of companies do this now.

thats a massive waste of resources mate. Like extremely wasteful.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Just you, I wish it wasn't. Would've saved me from disgracing my eyes, the twitter page is covered in anime.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

This is exactly what happened to me with Skyrim. I went to the midnight release and was super pumped to play it when I got home. Steam installer. Fuck you Bethesda.

Fucking really? That's extremely wasteful mate. Couldn't have like a postcard like thing with a key ? Far Cry 4 things with samsung SSD's had that.

Just you, I wish it wasn't. Would've saved me from disgracing my eyes, the twitter page is covered in anime.

lol. Your acting like they're naked or something.

Here's your car. It only functions as a proof of purchase for your real car though, it doesn't actually roll. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Here's your car. It only functions as a proof of purchase for your real car though, it doesn't actually roll. 

Beautiful my friend, perfect words.

lol. Your acting like they're naked or something.

I don't mind nudity, my house and my family's houses are filled with sculptures and paintings most of them are nude or have nudity. I just don't like anime.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Should be working. Everyone else can see it.

I don't mind nudity, my house and my families houses are filled with sculptures and paintings. I just don't like anime.

Ahh I see.

What are u talking about? that installer almost fills my HDD:

look_back.jpg

from 1980....

If you add money for inflation, fuck, that's one expensive mofo.

What country do you live in?

Canada mate.

Should be working. Everyone else can see it.

Checked it again. For whatever reason, the Twitter page says the link can't be found on my iPhone.

EDIT: nvm, there's a picture up now.

EDIT EDIT: just realized that if I go to the full version, the Twitter feed shows up, i.e. the "picture." Derp.

Damn hope this isnt true. This is going to be my first MG game and kojimas last so i wanted to have a physical copy (for box art/collection/respect). But if its just a blank disc whats the point? If i preorder i would get ground zeros as well. Dont really care about the dont pre order rule. Only game I pre ordered was Dmc4 special ed. Might still hold out. Dont know. Are the discs steam exclusive or others carry them as well?

Desktop: ARX-Laevatein : soon to be ARX-8 http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/8RyhHx

Custom Aurora R4 ALX case + Caselabs Merlin Pedestal | i7- 4820k @ 4.8 Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Gene Mobo | 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum | EVGA/Gigabyte 12GB Titan X SLI | 128GB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 2x WD RED 3TB| EVGA 1200 P2 PSU | Win 10 | Razer Black Widow Chroma | Corsair M95 | Asus ROG Swift PG278Q | Sennheiser G4ME ZERO White

Laptop: M17x R4 Stealth Black :

i7-3940xm | 32 Gb G.Skill Ripjaws | 8Gb GTX 880m | Killer Wireless N-1103 | 500Gb Samsung 840 EVO, 1TB WD 5400rpm + 32Gb Msata SSD Cache | 1920 x 1080 120Hz 3D screen | DVDRWBD | Sound Blaster recon 3Di | M18x 330w PSU | Win 7 Ultimate | Zalman ZM-NC11 Black | Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB | Razer Mamba 2012 | Sennheiser PC 363D 7.1 Headset

sounds like the same shit MKX did when it launched.

installed 6gb then downloaded 30+ more

Its all about those volumetric clouds

Why is this "news"? I've seen other games that are done this way. Oh, because it's sensationalist. Got it.