Do all phone chargers squeel when they charge?

orangecat

I understand they are switchmode power supplies so theres going to ne some noise but the one that came with my LG G3 is really loud.

no, most don't.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I understand they are switchmode power supplies so theres going to ne some noise but the one that came with my LG G3 is really loud.

Are you sure it's a legit one they shouldn't coil whine or anything really.

no, most don't.

Are you sure it's a legit one they shouldn't coil whine or anything really.

they shouldnt unless the switchmode supply is running at too low of a frequency, usually due to excessive current draw

Mine does and it happens to be for an LG phone like the OPs so maybe it's just the LG chargers.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I have...the exact same thing...on my G3..

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Mine does and it happens to be for an LG phone like the OPs so maybe it's just the LG chargers.

Could just be a the coils they use inside not being securely wound or potted, but to the OP in general it's usually not a problem as long as it's not one of those fake ones from asia. 

Normally phone chargers don't... but the other LG owners say differently it seems aha

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

I have...the exact same thing...on my G3..

Agreed. The only phone chargers that I've heard coil whine from are LG chargers (my Nexus 5, dad's L90, and my brother's G3), so it seems to be that LG's chargers coil whine. It doesn't affect proper operation though.

"Rawr XD"

Agreed. The only phone chargers that I've heard coil whine from are LG chargers (my Nexus 5, dad's L90, and my brother's G3), so it seems to be that LG's chargers coil whine. It doesn't affect proper operation though.

Yeah, I've had no issues with mine. Going two years strong. It's only audible when you get about 6 feet away (maybe closer even) from it.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

If you move the cable around a bit it goes away. 

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

they shouldnt unless the switchmode supply is running at too low of a frequency, usually due to excessive current draw

yea it only does it when my phone consumes a ton of power.