Why Are People So Stubborn?

Bim Job

So I got into this argument on facebook abou intel an amd cpu's. What triggered the argument is me stating that for $1300 USD you'd better not get an AMD. Then he came back with, I just prefer AMD so I'm sticking with it. Right away just absolute 100% unfiltered bias. I then presented him with a $1300 build including an i7-4790K. He then replied stating that he'd still prefer an AMD cpu, specifically an 8350. I replied basically saying that that's the most retarded thing I've ever heard, and that even a fucking 4460 could outperform the 8350 in gaming. He then replied saying like some how dare I say that Intel is better than AMD and some other bullshit. I then replied stating that I never said that, and asked him to quote me saying that. He never did. He that replied saying that he's used the "i5" and he's used the "i7" and thought they were amazing, that they were wonderful even, but that he still prefers AMD. Once again going back to the bias thing. Then he said some shit about how Intel is so much more expensive. Then I guess he removes the post entirely, which basically means that he pussied out. I then proceed to DM him stating this: "the i5 4460 costs 10 dollars more than the 8350 so your argument about cost is invalid. The 9590 is inherently an over priced piece of shit and anyone who knows anything about computers will tell you the same thing. "  He then just replied with this and logged off of his account: 

11880525_879744628757689_268721668369173
You have proved even more that you're stuck up Intel's ass.

Come back when you have experienced both sides.

This argument is over. Good bye.

Some fucking people man. 

To be fair, he did say he preferred AMD at first.. not that they were better

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

People like brands, they stick to brands they know.

Why do people Buy Mac's or Dell's?

Cuz Macbooks are pretty and the OS is liked by many (myself included) and Dells often use Delta PSUs so they're one of the few traditional prebuilt manufacturers that I sort of approve of.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/401217-more-updated-fx-vs-intel-for-gaming/

People need to accept facts man even my i3 can outdo a 9370 lol.

I understand preferences and all but there's literally no benefit what so ever in preferring a FX over a i7

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

Personally, I stay out of these arguments because the people who usually start them are trying to make a fuss over it on purpose. They both have good use depending on their situation, no need to be bias either way.

My name is Sebastian, I relate to Linus

If he is using more than 4 cores the 8350 might be a better choice.

because macs and dells arent bad for everybody...

they just suck for gaming

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

because macs and dells arent bad for everybody...

they just suck for gaming

Alienware is Dell.

Alienware is Dell.

i know

thats why i said they suck for gaming

paying 3x more for the same performance means it sucks for gaming

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

???

Who cares. Internet arguments are stupid. 

I've seen you hate on AMD before, anyway. 

Is clearly stating argumentative facts.

And also why a lot of people "hate" on AMD (AKA, put forward facts and then people who can't accept facts deny that facts are real): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/401217-more-updated-fx-vs-intel-for-gaming/

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

They like le OS but they can't Hackintosh as for dell, Well, some people aren't that smart.

Alright

for 1,300 your going to have an Intel and Nvidia/AMD build Hands down. 

and if you look at most of the benchmarks today, you'd see up to a 40% improvement in Intel's department compared to AMD. You cant deny those facts.

Alienware is Dell.

Alienware WAS independent until they where purchased by Dell in 2005 or 2006 in april If I remember correctly 

i know

thats why i said they suck for gaming

paying 3x more for the same performance means it sucks for gaming

If they were 3x more than a custom pc then they would not be in buisiness.

Then he proceeded to block me from commenting on his posts, btw do any of you know where mspaint is located on windows 10? For some reason my search bar doesn't work. Anyway, I think I'm just going to remove him from my friends list. To be honest the only reason I added him is because we have the same birth-date by month and day, but I never knew he was such an imbecile. 

If they were 3x more than a custom pc then they would not be in buisiness.

the flashing lights and the fact dell has shit tons of money keeps them in business

oh and also marketing

lots of kids buy into that

Spoiler

Is clearly stating argumentative facts.

And also why a lot of people "hate" on AMD (AKA, put forward facts and then people who can't accept facts deny that facts are real): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/401217-more-updated-fx-vs-intel-for-gaming/

Nah. I agree Intel CPU's are better. But he's went around giving false information such as telling people that the 280x gets extremely hot and what not. 

the flashing lights and the fact dell has shit tons of money keeps them in business

oh and also marketing

An area x51 is around $200 more than a similarly spec'd custom pc.

They like le OS but they can't Hackintosh as for dell, Well, some people aren't that smart.

Alright

for 1,300 your going to have an Intel and Nvidia/AMD build Hands down. 

and if you look at most of the benchmarks today, you'd see up to a 40% improvement in Intel's department compared to AMD. You cant deny those facts.

Alienware WAS independent until they where purchased by Dell in 2005 or 2006 in april If I remember correctly 

Yeah. I know.