My New 2016 Build

magicammo

Sup everyone!! Thought I would share my 2016 build with everyone. this is going to be my second computer ive built and I'm really excited! http://pcpartpicker.com/p/6RkHMp what do you think? Im thinking about just ditching mechanical drives all together I know there are some m2 drives like the sm951 but thats a bit pricey for only 500gb witCh its why I went with the 1tb ssd :). Oh and I already have a gpu thats why I didnt include one

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX GPU: AMD RX 6800M RAM: 16GB  SSD: 500GB NVME 

Sup everyone!! Thought I would share my 2016 build with everyone. this is going to be my second computer ive built and I'm really excited! http://pcpartpicker.com/p/6RkHMp what do you think? Im thinking about just ditching mechanical drives all together I know there are some m2 drives like the sm951 but thats a bit pricey for only 500gb witCh its why I went with the 1tb ssd :). Oh and I already have a gpu thats why I didnt include one

looks amazing jsut want to say:

HYPERX PLEASE GIVE US RED RAM! 

then i would tell you to get it

<p>Wish I could have this already!! : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTLRjX

That black ram is in place for the red hyperx they do have it just not listed on pc part picker dont know why tho >.>

http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16820104517&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-Mobile&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-Mobile-_-pla-_-Desktop+Memory-_-N82E16820104517&gclid=Cj0KEQjw04qvBRC6vfKG2Pi0_8gBEiQAAJq0ve67D0n340b7U0K24YvR6wuQKHvMxv552RB7aADNXM0aAush8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds see if the price for the RAM goes down a little bit I'm probably just going to get 32 gigs because that's not a bad price to start off with

My only problem, is that you're going from 4790k to 6700k..which shows little to no improvement in most tests.

oh yeh i just forgot that just came out recently

<p>Wish I could have this already!! : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTLRjX

Looks like a nice build, unsure of why you're upgrading though considering your current build.  Bored or something? :P

OS:Windows 10 Pro |  CPU:Intel Core i7 4790k | GPU:ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | RAM:Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) | MoBo:ASUS Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Storage: 500GB Crucial MX200 SSD, 250GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD (x2) | Monitors:Acer XB270HU/ASUS VH238H | Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Chroma w/ Razer Greens | Mouse:Razer Deathadder Chroma | Headset:BeyerDynamic DT990Pro w/ Antlion Modmic

My only problem, is that you're going from 4790k to 6700k..which shows little to no improvement in most tests.

yeah I'm aware of that But im building this because my stepdad is in need of a pc hes running an i3 3220 paired with a gtx 645 and im giving him my old build witch will last him for years thats why im getting this new build :) and the 6700 build is literally like 10 more bucks than another 4790k build

Looks like a nice build, unsure of why you're upgrading though considering your current build. Bored or something? :P

not bored I'm just giving the older system to my father he's running and i3 3220 paired with a GTX 645 and that's not quite cutting the cake for him so I'm giving him my old system and I'm building myself a new one and I've also been jonesing to build a new PC haha

not bored I'm just giving the older system to my father he's running and i3 3220 paired with a GTX 645 and that's not quite cutting the cake for him so I'm giving him my old system and I'm building myself a new one and I've also been jonesing to build a new PC haha

That's very generous of you man! Your father will be a happy dude.

OS:Windows 10 Pro |  CPU:Intel Core i7 4790k | GPU:ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | RAM:Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) | MoBo:ASUS Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Storage: 500GB Crucial MX200 SSD, 250GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD (x2) | Monitors:Acer XB270HU/ASUS VH238H | Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Chroma w/ Razer Greens | Mouse:Razer Deathadder Chroma | Headset:BeyerDynamic DT990Pro w/ Antlion Modmic

don't get the gigabyte board

it won't let you set adaptive mode for your cache ratio and vring

BigDay

don't get the gigabyte board

it won't let you set adaptive mode for your cache ratio and vring

What is that Lol im still learning about pcs I got the basics and somewhat intermediate stuff down . But i like gigabyte ive got the z97 gaming 5 mobo right now I love it witch is why im going with the gaming 5 for the z170.

What is that Lol im still learning about pcs I got the basics and somewhat intermediate stuff down . But i like gigabyte ive got the z97 gaming 5 mobo right now I love it witch is why im going with the gaming 5 for the z170.

google it

just get another board, trust me

read my cpu overclocking guide; link in my forum signature

BigDay

Personally I'd go X99 but this looks nice.

I was thinking about going with an x99 build

google it

just get another board, trust me

read my cpu overclocking guide; link in my forum signature

So it has to do with over clocking. To be honest i really havnt tried overclocking at all but it does interest me just adjusting voltages and offsetting confuses the hell out of me xD but what motherboard would you go with if it was up to you (keeping a red and black theme and not going over $180)

So it has to do with over clocking. To be honest i really havnt tried overclocking at all but it does interest me just adjusting voltages and offsetting confuses the hell out of me xD but what motherboard would you go with if it was up to you (keeping a red and black theme and not going over $180)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813132567&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker,%20LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-z170progaming

BigDay

I think I'm just going to stick with the board I chose because personally I like gigabyte and even if I do overclock it's not going to be crazy you know what I mean

I think I'm just going to stick with the board I chose because personally I like gigabyte and even if I do overclock it's not going to be crazy you know what I mean

it's not about performace, it's about being able to set an efficient and most of all a power efficient overclock. up to you.

BigDay