Corsair Gaming K70 RGB Keyboard (With Cherry MX Red Switches)

Crosseyed Sniper

Hi,

I know this question has probably been asked a million times, but I felt the need to ask it again. :P For those of you who own this keyboard, would you recommend it? Have you had any issues of failing LEDs or any other issues to report? How do you like the Cherry MX Red Switches? If you have any pics or vids to post, please do.

Thanks in advance.

How do you like the Cherry MX Red Switches?

The switches are good, but if you're willing to go with brown and willing to have white backlighting, I would recommend the Azio MGK1-K. It looks sick and performs excellently and only costs $90. Otherwise, yeah, the K70 RGB is a really solid keyboard.

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.4GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming | PSU: Corsair CX600M | Cooler: NZXT Kraken x41 | Motherboard: Asus z97-E | Case: Zalman Z11 Neo | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X @ 2400MHz | Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 120GB Team Dark SSD |  OS: Windows 10 Pro

Hi,

I know this question has probably been asked a million times, but I felt the need to ask it again. :P For those of you who own this keyboard, would you recommend it? Have you had any issues of failing LEDs or any other issues to report? How do you like the Cherry MX Red Switches? If you have any pics or vids to post, please do.

Thanks in advance.

i love mine, the quality is great and the switches are superb, the software is a little hard to understand but everything else is great.

Intel i5 4690k | NZXT Kraken x61 | MSI z97 Gaming 5 | MSI GTX 970 EVGA Supernova G2 750 G-Skill Ripjaws 16GB 2133mhz [2x8] | Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB HDD Samsung 850 EVO Series 250GB SSD NZXT H440 [black and Red]

Saving for a Dream rig :)

• 3 months later...

I have a standard non RGB K70 with red switches and I can honestly say it 's 10/10 Product. 

I think a lot of the failing switches are due to static discharge  where ppl have nylon carpets and nylon fabric chairs and they short the LED's on the keyboard

mine is over  old and still in perfect working order - 

another thing is that even after  constant use the switches feel exactly like when i first bought it - there hasn't been a gradual wear down of the feel the switches have - i know this cause theres an almost brand new K70 at my work and it feels exactly like the one at home 

Superb build quality .

I7 8700K - 4.7 OC , Asrock Z370 Extreme4 MB, MSI GTX 970 ,  NZXT H440 , Corsair H110 , 16gig Balistix ram  , Razer Huntsman Elite - Razer Purple Opto-Mechanical Key Switches  -   , Logitech G502 , Samsung 850 Pro bootup drive, Antec Edge 750 modular PSU

If you're after quality, and you don't care for a super gamery look, the ducky shine 5 or year of the goat edition are both far better options.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)