Help with Admiral Steel Radiators

Hey guys so I have some Fesser Company Admiral Steel Radiators which have plastic headers with rubber sealing rings. I am getting some pin sized leaks coming from the sides of the headers outside the sealing rings. The retailer I purchased it from suggested using an epoxy to seal the plastic header to the steel plate. I'm just looking for some suggestions on epoxies that will do this job well.

Why would you not just send it back and get one that works properly? Or am I missing something here?

I've had these for a long time and only just recently had the opportunity to hook them up. They are also no longer sold. I have two 360mm rads and one 240mm rad. the 240 has cracked headers which the retailer is gonna sell me some spares since Im like way outside my warranty and then the 360s just have bade sealer rings. For all three rads I'm going to need a good epoxy to seal them.

Why would you not just send it back and get one that works properly? Or am I missing something here?

I once heard from a friend that he had a truck with a leaky radiator. He bought a thing of epoxy putty and drove it for 15 years, and then sold it.

Yeah I just need some brand names

Stuff from 3M is always good, Loctite, and Lepage are also not bad, just make sure it's resistant to constant moisture.

If you want a more pernament or guaranteed deal you can braise/solder the pin hole.

Stuff from 3M is always good, Loctite, and Lepage are also not bad, just make sure it's resistant to constant moisture.

If you want a more pernament or guaranteed deal you can braise/solder the pin hole.

No he can't as those rads have a plastic part.

Here, take this:

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

No he can't as those rads have a plastic part.

Here, take this:

hes who i bought these from!
He told me to use epoxy or something like form a gasket to fix the issue

hes who i bought these from!

He told me to use epoxy or something like form a gasket to fix the issue

To be honest with you I don't really know much about epoxy to suggest any to you, all I know is you'll have to rough up the plastic to make it stick. You will probably need a variant that will work with plastic better. Something like this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/UniBond-Repair-Power-Epoxy-Plastic/dp/B003UGKTHK

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

To be honest with you I don't really know much about epoxy to suggest any to you, all I know is you'll have to rough up the plastic to make it stick. You will probably need a variant that will work with plastic better. Something like this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/UniBond-Repair-Power-Epoxy-Plastic/dp/B003UGKTHK

Itried some epoxy and it worked to seal the smalest of the leaks but im gonna be getting replacement parts from the guy who sold them to me, modifying the part, and then casting the modified part and making newer stronger parts with way better plastic.

Itried some epoxy and it worked to seal the smalest of the leaks but im gonna be getting replacement parts from the guy who sold them to me, modifying the part, and then casting the modified part and making newer stronger parts with way better plastic.

I believe this individual had a similar problem to yours currently if you remake them something like acetal or as it's called delrin is used a lot in watercooling.

http://www.dazmode.com/_forum/showthread.php?1355-TFC-Admiral-radiator-leak-fix-end-cap-replacement

I believe this individual had a similar problem to yours currently if you remake them something like acetal or as it's called delrin is used a lot in watercooling.

http://www.dazmode.com/_forum/showthread.php?1355-TFC-Admiral-radiator-leak-fix-end-cap-replacement

Yeah when I first noticed the issue i read this post, but two of the leaky rads were supposedly from the batch that had been tested and verified so unlike him i wont be trusting the replacement patrs, however I do appreciate the suggestion for material and hopefully I can find that on the mold form site