Realtek HD Audio config on Win 10

doraduslikeaboss

Hi!

I just bought an ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING mobo. I am running windows 10, and I have the latest driver for the audio wich is: 6.0.1.7543.

What I want to do is, I want to connect headphones, and speakers, and I want both of them, to work at the same time.

What I did was, I connected the headphones to the green connector, and the speakers to the blue one. With my old mobo I could just configure the blue inlet to act like the green, and I was all set.

Here, I only have two options for the blue one, wich are Line In, and Side speakers out. If I set it to side speaker out, it doesn't work.

I tried all the other inlets at the back, but other than the blue and green, I couldn't configure any of them, not even a little.

On the front panel though, on the red connector I have all the options there is. Why is this?

Any other setup ideas are welcome too!

Cheers!

post-256971-0-70579100-1440949790.png

post-256971-0-13058100-1440949791.png

Plug your speakers into the rear green output

Then your headphones into the front panel audio output, also green

You should have an option to tie all same audio jacks together so both greens will play audio at the same time

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020