Will a high dpi mouse smooth out sniping?

Rusty_Shackleford

So I have an old dell mouse I dug out of a parts bin and payed 5 dollars for, when I play ground zeroes and speed run I have to use a sniper, it's horrible I can't aim for shit. I barely move it and it jumps over 2 inches, no precision whatsoever. Obviously in the Phantom Pain I'm going to have to rely on sniping with a tranq rifle at some point and It's going to be a bitch if It's not smooth.

CPU: I7 4790k  CPU Cooler: NH-D15 GPUMSI 970 4gb   Motherboard: z97 Gaming 5 PSU: Corsair hx850   Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8 gb  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo  Case: Air 540

No. You need low dpi for smoothness. The higher you go the more jitter there is.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

you can either go for a better precision mouse and hope you're better at sniping, either the Logitech 502 or a steelseries rival i think (would mostly reccomend the 502 overall)

or go for a mouse that, whilst not perfect, has a very good sensor and a DPI shift button. again, the 502 has this if you ever need it (however if you dont want to downshift DPI for sniper shots you can shange the button to do something else entirely non related to DPI)

Current Rig: Case: Coolermaster MasterBox 5 Mid-tower. CPU: Core I5-6600K. GPU: Nvidia GTX GeForce 1070 Founders Edition. Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P. RAM: Geil GA4 style 8GB 2400 x2 for 16GB total. SSD: Sandisk SD8SBAT-128G-1122 Z400. HDD: Toshiba 1TB Hard Drive

Current PeripheralsKeyboard: Logitech G710 Blue Edition. Mouse: Logitech G600 MMO Mouse @ Logitech M570 Trackball. Headphones: Philips SHP9500's. Mic: V-Moda Boom Pro. Monitors: a Dell 1440x900 cheapo and an RCA 32 inch 1080p tv. Webcam: Logitech C920

No. You need low dpi for smoothness. The higher you go the more jitter there is.

im finding it just fine to have 4000 DPI with an in game sensitivity of around 10% of the bar in most games.

and before you go on like most people i see would about having smooth almost perfect accuracy with .25% sensitivity and 400 DPI, i find it REALLY uncomfortable and fatiguing to whip my arms around like Luke does at the start of the Logitech G402 video. and for the LIFE of me, cannot fathom how people can move 4 inches for 90 degree turns at that sensitivity or 400 DPI. period. i find it's more comfortable to move along my wrist in a less fatiguing circle, where if i need to move farther from where my wrist is sitting at middle position, that it's not halfway across my table just to get a 360 noscope.

Not everyone mouses the same, and it doesn't make them less pro, or less smooth, they just need to understand that they can't crank the DPI up to the max on higher DPI mice (AKA don't go full 8200 DPI just because it's making you move fast)

Current Rig: Case: Coolermaster MasterBox 5 Mid-tower. CPU: Core I5-6600K. GPU: Nvidia GTX GeForce 1070 Founders Edition. Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P. RAM: Geil GA4 style 8GB 2400 x2 for 16GB total. SSD: Sandisk SD8SBAT-128G-1122 Z400. HDD: Toshiba 1TB Hard Drive

Current PeripheralsKeyboard: Logitech G710 Blue Edition. Mouse: Logitech G600 MMO Mouse @ Logitech M570 Trackball. Headphones: Philips SHP9500's. Mic: V-Moda Boom Pro. Monitors: a Dell 1440x900 cheapo and an RCA 32 inch 1080p tv. Webcam: Logitech C920

You may have issues with the G502 if you have large hands or if you are a heavy palm gripper. If that is the case then the Steelseries or Corsair M65 may be more favorable.