Surprise Vanilla WU's?

I am used to my CPU slot to receive units which take upwards of 6-8 hours to complete at about 3000-5000 points each, but last night I ran  into a strange situation:

A regular core 0xa4 takes me about 2:30 to make a single 1% step, and usually has a base value between 1000 and 2000 points (which I always get a bonus for short completion, hence the numbers above).

After I added my Intel Atom CPU-powered ASUS Transformerbook to my user to further contribute to my PPD, my very first WU on my i7 4930K rig looks like it came from the little leagues. (picture attached)

I hope the average CPU throughput of my user did not drag down the difficulty of my CPU slot WU's. If anyone can corroborate this, I will gladly remove my T100 from my profile, as this is killing my PPD, even if I am completing individual WU's faster on my main PC.

Any and all insight is greatly appreciated!

I fold under Omnislash89 ...big surprise there. :P

post-250792-0-75942900-1440948487.png

This is the Craft of PC Building. Mastered. #AshlarPC

- snip -

I never witnessed such a strange behaviour, even when folding on different computers (From a 2 threads netbook to a 64 threads server) simultaneously, there was nothing like a drop in PPD like you experienced.

I'll just tag @Whaler_99 , @Xsilent(X) and @tobben , maybe they can help you.

Its just availability, I got one that finished in 10 minutes on a 4770k two days ago... almost as if it was a chrome WU (Mind you those took a matter of minutes a year ago)

Gaming PC: CPU: i7 4770k@4.2GHz w/ CM Nepton 140xl, GPU: Gigabyte 1070 @2050, RAM: ADATA XPG V1 16GB@2133MHz, Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 7, Case: Corsair NZXT S340.

As mentioned above, the wu's you receive should pretty much be unrelated to your track record.

This just happened by chance, and getting rid of your atom cpu shouldn't make a difference. Some

wu's are smaller than others. This hasn't happened to me as far as i am aware, but some people

seem to get a freak wu every now and then, that are either enormous or tiny. 

Do you have any OC?  or underclocking? if so restore to normal! and also try to do a bios reset this helped a few people also in other forums with long WU's! the 59 min time per fold is to long even for a cpu atom. if so not worked chek outdated chipset drivers can also help. 

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

Do you have any OC?  or underclocking? if so restore to normal! and also try to do a bios reset this helped a few people also in other forums with long WU's! the 59 min time per fold is to long even for a cpu atom. if so not worked chek outdated chipset drivers can also help. 

It has a 59 minute ETA, for the whole wu that really isn't that long? His TPF is less than a minute. 

I am pretty sure the times he listed are for the 4930k.