Will this work?

Isaki

Will this network setup work and be effective in boosting my Wifi coverage

Components:

Router 1: Sky Default Router

Router 2: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00MIFM3R8/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1QJ7X5NW2KRJG&coliid=I1BPN9NBPMYSV0&psc=1

Swich: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000N99BBC/ref=s9_cdeal_hd_bw_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-2&pf_rd_r=128HKAVYQPA3B5ZM6Y1M&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=663022187&pf_rd_i=430573031

The Green lines connecting parts are Cat6 Ethernet cables and the other green lines are meant to indicate wifi qnSbA0L.png

It can work but you will need to do indepth configuring of IP address and SSIDs or you will get conflicts and bad or no service.

It will be easier if you turn router 2 into a AP, if it allows for that in the firmware or some switch in the back of the router and connect it to router 1 but keep the switch connected to router 1.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

That will work fine....................but as above router 2 will need to be an AP. Most TPLINK devices let you turn on AP mode on their routers, but check this before purchase. :)

Look at a 5ghz device that will help with network traffic.

Easier solution is to miss out the switch entirely and make router two an access point (there are plenty of tutorials online to explain how to do this, but it is fairly straight forward). Then plug your PC into router 2 via LAN, and connect the two routers together using a powerline. Thus, your PC has near ethernet speeds and wifi coverage is increased. 

i5 4690K | Asus Ranger VII | 8GB HyperX Fury | Asus GTX 780 | NZXT H440 | Samsung 850 Evo | Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM 750W | Corsair H105 

E3-1246 v3 | Asus Gryphon Z97 | 8GB HyperX Fury | MSI GTX 970 | Enthoo Evolv mATX | Samsung 840 Evo | WD Red | EVGA SuperNova GS 650W | NZXT Kracken x41 

you don`t need the switch. 

Correct, why didn't i see that, Grrrrrrrrrrrrr