Win 10 rollback faild

Tweakforce_LG

Hi guys,

Bad thing happened to me today, i rolled back to win 7 from 10 and when it boots, the win 7 splash screen freezes then i get a blue screen error code "0x000007B". Same thing happens in safe mode. And in linux and my recovery tools on the windows cd, my windows drive is D not C. I would rather not reinstall as its an OEM licence meaning id have to buy another key, unless i talk to ms. Any help please, this is my school computer so i am in a rush to get it to boot.

R5 5600   Asus ROG Strix RTX2060   B550  Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR4   Kingston A2000 1TB M.2    Kingston UV400 SSD   NZXT H510 Flow

Clean Installation is the only solution that I see here.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

But what about actuvating windows

R5 5600   Asus ROG Strix RTX2060   B550  Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR4   Kingston A2000 1TB M.2    Kingston UV400 SSD   NZXT H510 Flow

i think you have to reinstall if you can't repair it :(

Do you have the OEM key on the back of your PC?

EDIT: Your windows 7 key was an OEM key? Not a prebuilt OEM license?

Edited by ionbasa

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

I have a sticker under the battery on my HP Probook 4530s. Im still going to have a go at MS through answer desk since this shouldn't happen when downgrading.

I have a sticker under the battery on my HP Probook 4530s. Im still going to have a go at MS through answer desk since this shouldn't happen when downgrading.

Well, then, you can re-activate without calling. And if you deleted the Windows.old folder, then you'll never be able to roll back. Clean re-install is your only option.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

I had windows.old and after the rollback i got blue screen on win 7 boot. Im not on 10 anymour

I had windows.old and after the rollback i got blue screen on win 7 boot. Im not on 10 anymour

Can you try and do a startup repair using an Windows 7 USB Boot drive or DVD?

Can you try and do a startup repair using an Windows 7 USB Boot drive or DVD?

I have tried that and it said scan for viruses and remove all external devices. It also said it could not determined the cause. The error code on the BSOD is associated with having the sata controller set to ide instead of ahci on win vista and up. Mine is set to ahci though.

I have tried that and it said scan for viruses and remove all external devices. It also said it could not determined the cause. The error code on the BSOD is associated with having the sata controller set to ide instead of ahci on win vista and up. Mine is set to ahci though.

If you try to set the SATA controller to IDE mode, can you boot up into Windows? If you can, we can fix it.

If you try to set the SATA controller to IDE mode, can you boot up into Windows? If you can, we can fix it.

No it comes up with a diffrent error code :(

And windows is on D drive now and boot files on C drive. I dont understand why windows downgrade would have caused that

Ppz help, the partitions are back to what they should be, any fix before reinstall

Ppz help, the partitions are back to what they should be, any fix before reinstall

There isn't much we can do at this point. Do you have important data you need to backup? You can always use a linux distribution like GParted: http://gparted.org/livecd.php

to backup anything important before reinstalling Windows.

Couldnt i try fixing system reserved partition and fix mbr before rebooting. Any idea why downgrade could have caused this

There isn't much we can do at this point. Do you have important data you need to backup? You can always use a linux distribution like GParted: http://gparted.org/livecd.php

to backup anything important before reinstalling Windows.

Now ive copyed my files off, dare i try using the win 10 iso to upgrade the broken windows, in the prosses fixing the boot files causing the issue? Or could that jeopardize my license. If it wont ill do that then if it fails, ill use the recovery partition to favtory reset since it doesn't get effected by win 10

UPDATE: im rocking windows 7 again :D. All going good, got my stuff back after reinstall. But now i miss windows 10. I hope AMD fix switchable graphics so i can upgrade again soon. In the meantime win 7 is perfect.