I know I'm missing something...

kamikazi

I am trying to set up some network drives from my freenas, but for the life of me I can not get it to work on my laptop. I have created them on my desktop without any problem. Desktop is wired laptop is wireless. Even that being said I thought it was something to do with the wireless so I wired a connection to the laptop and disabled the wireless thinking that was the problem. Still nothing. I dont know if im missing a setting in the laptop or what. 

Are you using DNS to loopup the netbios name of the nas or are you typing in the IP address? 

Are they on the same network and subnet?

Are you able to find the shares on your laptop at all? (by typing \\nasname or \\nasipaddress)?

I type in the network ip 192.168.1.xxx. yes same network same subnet. can not find the shares at all. Like I said above even when I connect to a wire connection I still cant. 

It is a funny thing. Running windows 10 new laptop so I did a reset on it, started from new. After the reset I was able to connect. As soon as I restarted my laptop I was unable to connect again. 

Same username. The more I tinker with it the more I start to think this isn't a network problem which I originally thought it was.