PC spec site [creation thread]

jameshumphries47

So ive decided on a name SpecMyTech , whats this now day 7... woah anyway so over the next 3 days im going to be working on an admin security system, and a control panel which means i probably wont be going into detail on here on how i have done it because that ruins the whole point of security right? so yeah ill still try and post stuff, my goal is to get this done in 83 days :) so yeah, anymore ideas then just post below. so today back to school and im tired, at the moment im drawing up a plan of how im going to send data while in the control panel and just working out my plan for the next 3 days :) 

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

day not sure just a quick update because i am so tired, just getting into the swing of things again and just started the admin pannel :) 

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

not gonna be much work doing this week many personal things to do but ill try fit a few hours in

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

im having a break with the administrator side of thing at the moment lots of encryption, so i have had a bit of play with the looks of the site heres what it looks like so far :) any input is welcome

post-38716-0-41315100-1442611479_thumb.p

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

im having a break with the administrator side of thing at the moment lots of encryption, so i have had a bit of play with the looks of the site heres what it looks like so far :) any input is welcome

Tbh i was expecting more of a material design/flat like look, the version where it was all white looked better imo lol

Intel i5-6600k (Cooled by a 212 evo) - Asus Z170-A - Asus Dual OC GTX 1060 - NZXT S340 - WD 1TB (Getting SSD this month, hopefully) - 8GB DDR4-2400

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2

Tbh i was expecting more of a material design/flat like look, the version where it was all white looked better imo lol

im really not sure what to do, i thought the white looks too bland, im just playing arround with some CSS, but we will see 

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

im really not sure what to do, i thought the white looks too bland, im just playing arround with some CSS, but we will see 

I've got a few ideas in my head. 

If you want, you could PM me the base HTML and CSS and I'll play around with a few designs... I've got nothing else I'm doing. (saves me trying to replicate your current layout, wouldn't need any of the PHP or anything, just the HTML and CSS for the layout)

Even if you don't use any of what I come up with, it might give you a few ideas

• 1 month later...

IM BACK!!! after a few months of design work for some calendars and fixing pc's and so on its been pretty busy! now finally i can get back to my project!  so far today i have recoded the way things will be displayed, and now users have an option of the order things want to be displayed in Ascending and Descending! its slowly gaining functionality. no promises but at in the middle of next month i hope to have a beta tester thingy.... :) 

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

i have made an algorithm for the CPU's which, from the data entered will produce a number from 0-100 using a combination of how it performs in tasks and how it many cores and the clock speed. making it a reliable number. 

from a rough number for my processor 4660k  you get 68%, this gets displayed in a progress bar. it needs to be calibrated but i can only do that when i receive more data for a few CPU's

:)

been a good day 

post-38716-0-83415100-1445891741_thumb.p

post-38716-0-22818600-1445891745_thumb.p

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

i have made an algorithm for the CPU's which, from the data entered will produce a number from 0-100 using a combination of how it performs in tasks and how it many cores and the clock speed. making it a reliable number. 

from a rough number for my processor 4660k  you get 68%, this gets displayed in a progress bar. it needs to be calibrated but i can only do that when i receive more data for a few CPU's

:)

been a good day 

Noice!

Anymore ideas are welcome :) 

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

Anymore ideas are welcome :)

The progress bar thing trigged an idea: user enters what applications they aim to use, or what games they aim to use, and then what their planned build will be and what they aim to achieve (4K 30fps, 1440p 60 fps, Great application performance etc.) then the progress bar shows how close they are to achieving their inputted settings... And makes suggestions on how to achieve 100%

Though, I could be confused here but that's what the site currently does right? IDK :D

The progress bar thing trigged an idea: user enters what applications they aim to use, or what games they aim to use, and then what their planned build will be and what they aim to achieve (4K 30fps, 1440p 60 fps, Great application performance etc.) then the progress bar shows how close they are to achieving their inputted settings... And makes suggestions on how to achieve 100%

Though, I could be confused here but that's what the site currently does right? IDK :D

that is the overall plan, currently it just creates a percentage using an algorithm i have made, to calculate how strong the cpu is in real life and on paper

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

How about just making it into a list of links where you can find benchmarks and stuff.

Also, I just realized that this is basically what GPU/CPU boss should have been.

May Our Framerates Be High And Our Temperatures Be Low.

PSUs: EVGA B2/G2/GQ/GS, Corsair RMx/i, Grey-Label CXM, Everything Seasonic/Delta/Super Flower, XFX except XT

Use pcpartpicker.com

Okay, just had about 3 hours on it, plan to have about 3  more tonight! so far users can now add and remove different CPU's into there "MY PC" page, which is where the user selects their components and the site will tell you how good it is (%) and what to do to improve it and how it SHOULD perform! 

now i have got a basic algorithm for adding and subtracting items, it should be a breeze, currently the site is only working for CPU's but the rest of tonight i want to expand that to Motherboards and graphics cards. and i hope to get up early tomorrow and put in (hopefully) 12 hours to get this site ready for midway next month! I personally have not coded long, and im trying to tackle this head on with only CSS, HTML, and PHP. Then when i learn JS impliment that to! i have to say, im really enjoying it! So anyone on here please post ideas of features and i will TRY to implement them!  

~~Happy Halloween~~

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

So then today, i recoded the way items are saved in the my pc are stored and deleted, and i added full graphics card capabilities too :) slowly getting there 

post-38716-0-46511800-1446409573_thumb.j

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

Ive come to a problem, because of ^^^ post i have found this http://www.pc-specs.com/ which is exactly what i was going to make, now is it worth carrying on or shall i stop, or shall i change the idea and use what i have to make something else? 

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

Ive come to a problem, because of ^^^ post i have found this http://www.pc-specs.com/ which is exactly what i was going to make, now is it worth carrying on or shall i stop, or shall i change the idea and use what i have to make something else? 

CARRY ON MY WAYWARD SON

LTT's Fastest 9800gt

LTT Forum Beginners Guide