PC spec site [creation thread]

jameshumphries47

So some of you know i asked you to enter information into some spreadsheets last night. and if anyone of you haven't then this website you will be able select the parts you want in your computer, and it will display things like estimated FPS (graphics cards) in certain games. how it will perform in applications(CPU/GPU) read/right speeds (hard drive) based on other users experiences, and so on i plan to add more features like coolers, fans, motherboard, ram and there is so many more things this could evolve into. This is just a start.

anyway this is the thread where i will post updates to how the site is coming along, so you guys can see:) 

click the link in my signature if you want to add your details,

@LoneRangerS

@Minibois

Day 1:

after the spreadsheet got i filled up extremely fast i decided i would start making a basic template. so i sat down for hour or two last night to try and design something half decent, that will do for now while i make the site. last night all i achieved was the navigation bar. and it looks okay for a start, i'm not happy withe links bits but i'm liking the search box. any input is welcome. :) 

post-38716-0-00111300-1440933470_thumb.j

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

Graphics cards
you dont have to enter 5 games, you can add more if you want

click here

CPU
again, only answer what you want :)

click here

Hard drive

click here

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

Not much I can add too a navigation bar :P

If you've got an idea of what the site will actually be, and how it will actually work, the layout etc, then I might be able to add some insight, but at the minute I have no idea of how you're going to do it  :lol: (my web dev knowledge stretches as far as HTML, CSS & JS) 

Not much I can add too a navigation bar :P

If you've got an idea of what the site will actually be, and how it will actually work, the layout etc, then I might be able to add some insight, but at the minute I have no idea of how you're going to do it  :lol: (my web dev knowledge stretches as far as HTML, CSS & JS) 

i have a basic idea, its going to rely heavily on mysql databases. some PHP (i dont know JS so that wont be included YET). i have no idea on the layout. :) im going to try and get a veeeeerrrrryyyy basic template finished tonight so i can start proper work tomorrow :) 

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

Funny how one guy with his 7970 manages to max out Witcher 3 with Hairworks on stock clocks and gets 50 fps. People be trolling in this spreadsheet.

Funny how one guy with his 7970 manages to max out Witcher 3 with Hairworks on stock clocks and gets 50 fps. People be trolling in this spreadsheet.

That's one issue, it's not going to be accurate or trustworthy... 

That's one issue, it's not going to be accurate or trustworthy... 

if he manages to collect data in the order ofat least tens per component he could apply some kind of bullshit filter in the backend, but to do that he needs to create a much better form in the first place that collects data in a much more normalized format, so that he can process it very quickly and easily and detect eventual liars

ratings like "small 40Hz overclock on both ,stupid voltage locked" are a bit hard for a computer to understand :rolleyes:

it's a cool project though

if he manages to collect data in the order ofat least tens per component he could apply some kind of bullshit filter in the backend, but to do that he needs to create a much better form in the first place that collects data in a much more normalized format, so that he can process it very quickly and easily and detect eventual liars

ratings like "small 40Hz overclock on both ,stupid voltage locked" are a bit hard for a computer to understand :rolleyes:

it's a cool project though

That's the plan eventually it acts as like an average the only thing is I will have to make a page for every product

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

So some of you know i asked you to enter information into some spreadsheets last night. and if anyone of you haven't then this website you will be able select the parts you want in your computer, and it will display things like estimated FPS (graphics cards) in certain games. how it will perform in applications(CPU/GPU) read/right speeds (hard drive) based on other users experiences, and so on i plan to add more features like coolers, fans, motherboard, ram and there is so many more things this could evolve into. This is just a start.

anyway this is the thread where i will post updates to how the site is coming along, so you guys can see:) 

click the link in my signature if you want to add your details,

@LoneRangerS

@Minibois

Day 1:

after the spreadsheet got i filled up extremely fast i decided i would start making a basic template. so i sat down for hour or two last night to try and design something half decent, that will do for now while i make the site. last night all i achieved was the navigation bar. and it looks okay for a start, i'm not happy withe links bits but i'm liking the search box. any input is welcome. :)

soooo when will we see the site and where can i contribute? would love to help :)

soooo when will we see the site and where can i contribute? would love to help :)

hmm depending on workload on other things within the next few months. currently i just need a name and a logo :) 

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

I remember this spreadsheet 

( ͡o ͜ʖ ͡o)

So it was you that kept pasting those faces in it. 

So it was you that kept pasting those faces in it. 

Howd you know? 

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

pcdb.com :)

Taken 

I think if this really takes off you should consider posting overclocking specs as well

pcdesigner.com

I think if this really takes off you should consider posting overclocking specs as well

thats the plan 

pcdesigner.com

i dont want to buy a domian until people use it and it pays for its self :) but pc designer seems okay. im working hard now making the template for people to add data :) 

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

I still like mine - fpsmyparts.com

It's available too, so you could grab it for a few quid :D

I still like mine - fpsmyparts.com

It's available too, so you could grab it for a few quid :D

yeah i like it only problem is it wont be based on just fps, maybe cooler performance, obviously hdd read/write speeds. 

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

yeah i like it only problem is it wont be based on just fps, maybe cooler performance, obviously hdd read/write speeds. 

fpscoolerreadwriteapplicationperformancemyparts.com?

suprising no, because it would also imcorparrate RAM, motherboards, Cases, Powersupplies :P hopefully i SHOULD be able to release this before newyear in the next month i would like to get basic functionality. month 2 improve functionality make it a much better site month 3 work on making it look nice and attractive.

fpscoolerreadwriteapplicationperformancemyparts.com?

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

suprising no, because it would also imcorparrate RAM, motherboards, Cases, Powersupplies :P hopefully i SHOULD be able to release this before newyear in the next month i would like to get basic functionality. month 2 improve functionality make it a much better site month 3 work on making it look nice and attractive.

fpscoolerreadwriteapplicationperformancemypartsRAMmotherboardscasespowersuppliesandanythingelseyoucanthinkof.com? 

Come on, nothing wrong with this one.