Sharing some old stuff

ALwin

Feel free to share any artistic work that you have created.  Here are some of mine.

Geneva Motor show a few years back, I went with my cameras and tripods to do some timelapses.

The following is a mood thing, while riding a boat across Lac Leman one day I decided to film something with my Fuji X-E2

Where I live

One of my early night sky timelapses... too bad I don't live in a place with zero light pollution

And one of my failed attempts at making a timelapse of flowers blooming, like what BBC did for their Planet Earth videos.  I set up a room where I controlled the lights, the camera was powered by an AC adapter.  But watering the plants and changing memory cards... it was a nightmare to keep everything constant that after a few days I gave up.

I still have several hours worth of footage to be cut and edited... too bad I don't have much free time.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

nice work

i think the no posted self youtube channels should be revised.

This is an example of one that should be allowed.

nice work

i think the no posted self youtube channels should be revised.

This is an example of one that should be allowed.

Oh I didn't know there was such a policy, I just thought I'd share a few stuff and see what you all have to share with me.  And I am not sharing tech review videos or anything, I don't do them at all.  My works are meant to be artistic... sort of.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

Oh I didn't know there was such a policy, I just thought I'd share a few stuff and see what you all have to share with me.

there is "no self advertising" but  if your posting quality shit like this, honestly it shouldn't matter.

there is "no self advertising" but  if your posting quality shit like this, honestly it shouldn't matter.

:P  Gimme a job!

LOL I am not advertising.

A few years ago I saw this article by StuckInCustoms on a technique he uses for slow motion.  If his video, or the short clip I made inspires you, go try it out.  All you need to do is hop on a car, bus, tram or train and use whatever camera you have that is capable of at least 120fps video recording.

http://www.stuckincustoms.com/stuckinmotion/

At the time I didn't have any camera capable of recording above 60fps.  However now my iPhone 5s and Canon G16 are capable of recording at 120fps, albeit at low resolution of course.  I can't wait to get my hands on a proper video camera that can do 1080p 120fps (i.e. the Black Magic Ursa Mini)

So today at lunch time I went out for a quick ride on a bus and tram around some parts of town.

here is something i did. didn't rely put too much effort into it.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

This is all really beautiful!
Makes me wanna get really into cinematography.

This is all really beautiful!

Makes me wanna get really into cinematography.

All it requires is taking the first step.

Currently dont have much to show or a way so share it

But soon I will be putting up my own site or blog with my stuff :)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Currently dont have much to show or a way so share it

But soon I will be putting up my own site or blog with my stuff :)

I have a site for my photography... haven't updated in over 2 years due to not having any free time.

I have a site for my photography... haven't updated in over 2 years due to not having any free time.

yeah thats the problem :P

Also I really need to develop a workflow for my stuff, but im either too lazy or too busy, at the moment outside of airsoft videos and a few video reviews on my channel I have barely used my camera lately :/

need to start doing more actual stuff, watch this space though :D

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

SNIP

I think this is for stuff we have created, not other professionals :P

I think this is for stuff we have created, not other professionals :P

Yes for stuff we have created. But I wouldn't mind if you share something very interesting.

Kinda old

Is this something you filmed?  It's nice

Is this something you filmed?  It's nice

Yes it is

8488357233_d6c61e521f_z.jpg

A shot taken before I got my 400mm lens, this photo was taken with my 200mm and teleconverter.  Seeing some of my old photos like these, I need to plan another trip to Asia.

8563574914_82bcb24c16_c.jpg

• 6 months later...

Went to Chindrieux with my dive buddies who were diving Lac du Bourget.  I'm not diving this weekend so decided to take my camera along and do some filming.

Here's a quick compilation and edit of some footages taken today.  Let the comments roll.

Sony PXW-FS7, Cine El mode, S-Gamut.Cine 3/Slog 3, 4K UHD 24p.

PS: @Infernal Burrito I was using the Sony 18-105 lens on my video camera all day.  So consider the video above to be sample footage taken with that lens.

On 3/26/2016 at 2:26 PM, ALwin said:

Went to Chindrieux with my dive buddies who were diving Lac du Bourget.  I'm not diving this weekend so decided to take my camera along and do some filming.

Here's a quick compilation and edit of some footages taken today.  Let the comments roll.

Sony PXW-FS7, Cine El mode, S-Gamut.Cine 3/Slog 3, 4K UHD 24p.

PS: @Infernal Burrito I was using the Sony 18-105 lens on my video camera all day.  So consider the video above to be sample footage taken with that lens.

Thanks, that's some really nice footage. 

Intel Core i7 4770k - 2x Geforce GTX 780 - MSI Z87 MPower Max - Corsair H60 - 8GB Avexir Core Series MPower Yellow + 4gb no-brand DDR3 - Corsair Obsidian 750d - AData XPG SX900 256gb SSD - Seagate Barracuda 3TB (7200 RPM) - Hitachi 250GB 2.5in HDD (3200 RPM) - WD HDD 160GB extracted from iMac via black magic (no specified RPM) - ASUS VG248QE 144HZ 3d Vision Monitor - Logitech G602 - Ducky Shine 3 TKL - AKG 172 HD Headphones - Xperia z2 - Sony Noise canceling earphones -  Nikon D5200 With Bundled Lenses - Windows 7 Home Premium - Blue Snowball iCE - Acer Aspire X with a broken case, AMD A6, and Raijintek Aidos CPU heatsink