Gaming Mouse form someone with giant hands.

Penny5837

You can't not claw or fingertip grip a G303 it's pretty tiny even for average size hands.

Well, I personally like it but I wasn't really sure whether to include it or not

I just went with my gut and added it there

Note taken anyways

How large are your "giant" hands? Measure from tip finger to the bottom of your palm.

So you don't like claw grip, are you using "fingertip grip" or full palm?

Do you play competetively or just for fun? 

I've been wanting a mechanical keyboard for a while and an actually good mouse. I can't wait till Christmas, because that's when I'm getting my new keyboard and mouse. Also my 970....

when it comes to the best mouse for the best buck for as long as possible, it's just going to be a cluster of crud you'll go through. so far, for almost 2 months, the redragon is performing admirably, and i hardly have any gamer gunk on it. and if there ever gets to be gunk, it's a simple wipe with your thumb. anything heavier, it's going to need a wet wipe. it does have glossy sides, and the top has a rough surface at first, but the more you use it the smoother it gets, to where it actually forms to your hand and style. which is nice actually.

when it comes to mechanicals, i never owned one, but i've tried a razer blackwidow green clicky and the G710 cherry blue version. with the new mechanical switches coming about, such as Razer switches, romger G's... be careful. i myself am looking to grab the Gamdias Hermes keyboard when i grab the money. but that's just me. i rather liked my test of the blues from cherry. but everyone is different.

Current Rig: Case: Coolermaster MasterBox 5 Mid-tower. CPU: Core I5-6600K. GPU: Nvidia GTX GeForce 1070 Founders Edition. Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P. RAM: Geil GA4 style 8GB 2400 x2 for 16GB total. SSD: Sandisk SD8SBAT-128G-1122 Z400. HDD: Toshiba 1TB Hard Drive

Current PeripheralsKeyboard: Logitech G710 Blue Edition. Mouse: Logitech G600 MMO Mouse @ Logitech M570 Trackball. Headphones: Philips SHP9500's. Mic: V-Moda Boom Pro. Monitors: a Dell 1440x900 cheapo and an RCA 32 inch 1080p tv. Webcam: Logitech C920

How large are your "giant" hands? Measure from tip finger to the bottom of your palm.

So you don't like claw grip, are you using "fingertip grip" or full palm?

Do you play competetively or just for fun?

Competitive, a plan grip and from my middle finger to the base of my palm is 8 inches.

Competitive, a plan grip and from my middle finger to the base of my palm is 8 inches.

definitely steelseries rival

it's their newest one, and whilst i cannot say for certain, it would seem this mouse might be as long as the proteus, around there. the fact is, it's using the 12 button side panel, which takes up a good amount of room, but ALSO the 12 buttons are on a slider, that can either be pushed forward of the mouse for larger handed people, or more back for smaller handed people. until the specs come out, or the reviews pile in, it's completely unknown at this point. i'm optimistic, but we have to wait and see. still, if you dont want blue, or yellow, then proteus core and SCMITAR are not for you, making the redragon or the Naos mice your two best options.

This is the keyboard I will probably get. I need a ten key-less and this one is cool, by the fact it has a number pad as well. 

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A378L10/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1HIJE62G25I2F&coliid=IFNZR1493CQ8O&psc=1

This is the keyboard I will probably get. I need a ten key-less and this one is cool, by the fact it has a number pad as well. 

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A378L10/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1HIJE62G25I2F&coliid=IFNZR1493CQ8O&psc=1

to each their own. i need a large palm rest, with matching color backlighting, and with the hermes i don't need to add o rings, it has dampeners standard, that are much better than o rings. again, to each their own. your choice is a good one too.

Current Rig: Case: Coolermaster MasterBox 5 Mid-tower. CPU: Core I5-6600K. GPU: Nvidia GTX GeForce 1070 Founders Edition. Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P. RAM: Geil GA4 style 8GB 2400 x2 for 16GB total. SSD: Sandisk SD8SBAT-128G-1122 Z400. HDD: Toshiba 1TB Hard Drive

Current PeripheralsKeyboard: Logitech G710 Blue Edition. Mouse: Logitech G600 MMO Mouse @ Logitech M570 Trackball. Headphones: Philips SHP9500's. Mic: V-Moda Boom Pro. Monitors: a Dell 1440x900 cheapo and an RCA 32 inch 1080p tv. Webcam: Logitech C920

to each their own. i need a large palm rest, with matching color backlighting, and with the hermes i don't need to add o rings, it has dampeners standard, that are much better than o rings. again, to each their own. your choice is a good one too.

See I've never had a palm rest, I usually just use my desk lol.

See I've never had a palm rest, I usually just use my desk lol.

if you ever do think about a palm rest, then let me clue you in. it's all about wrist angle. if your hand is mostly straight along your devices and desk, then you're fine, and don't need much support if any (a plush smooth extended mouse pad would make things feel much better than a hard desk, without changing angle but giving support) but if you're hand is bent downward, then you might need to change your posture and arm placement, getting arm supports upward and such. if you're wrists are angled upward, a wrist pad would help you VERY well, as it would raise your wrist to a straighter position. (also, you'd have to find what benifits you best. gel, foam or bead supports... it's a headache after awhile)

if you ever do think about a palm rest, then let me clue you in. it's all about wrist angle. if your hand is mostly straight along your devices and desk, then you're fine, and don't need much support if any (a plush smooth extended mouse pad would make things feel much better than a hard desk, without changing angle but giving support) but if you're hand is bent downward, then you might need to change your posture and arm placement, getting arm supports upward and such. if you're wrists are angled upward, a wrist pad would help you VERY well, as it would raise your wrist to a straighter position. (also, you'd have to find what benifits you best. gel, foam or bead supports... it's a headache after awhile)

I just have it strait.

I just have it strait.

then you're already proper and fine.

Ill disagree with that molly due to weight but it's also quite skinny.

I have medium to small hands that are pretty weak and have found no issues with the weight over long periods of usage. The G502 just offers many features to the right person - weights, best sensor or at least one of the best, affordable compared to other mice at least around where I live, many buttons (G-Shift almost doubles the amount), a dedicated sniper button etc. The only problem here is whether or not OP will find the mouse comfy and only shape/ergonomics and weight really determines that. Personally the G502 with no weights feels extremely light.

The Steelseries Rival should be solid. I was considering getting that for a friend once.

I have medium to small hands that are pretty weak and have found no issues with the weight over long periods of usage. The G502 just offers many features to the right person - weights, best sensor or at least one of the best, affordable compared to other mice at least around where I live, many buttons (G-Shift almost doubles the amount), a dedicated sniper button etc. The only problem here is whether or not OP will find the mouse comfy and only shape/ergonomics and weight really determines that. Personally the G502 with no weights feels extremely light.

The Steelseries Rival should be solid. I was considering getting that for a friend once.

I was thinking about the rival, but now I'm looking at the Mionix Naos 3200. I chose that one because I really don't need a dpi above 3200. It also looks incredibly comfortable. All the reviews that I've seen, say its one of the most comfortable mice.

I was thinking about the rival, but now I'm looking at the Mionix Naos 3200. I chose that one because I really don't need a dpi above 3200. It also looks incredibly comfortable. All the reviews that I've seen, say its one of the most comfortable mice.

you might wanna check which mouse on which post... the 3200, 700 and 8200 are all in one on amazon, meaning their reviews are combined, you may be reading a review for the 7000 or 8200 instead of the 3200. in fact, on this page, which seems to be the main page for the mouse in general, regardless of model, there's a top review that's helped alot of people regarding the models and which is best:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ANIRU7U/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=1944687582&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0041SPG24&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=03YNVZK6XHF6EF8AFKSB

if you are looking for price point, i would really suggest not getting the 3200 as it's performance would not be worth the 51 dollars. however if you're more for 70 dollars, you might want to the 7000 model, it's optical meaning little to no inherent acceleration (however if you would rather acceleration, the 8200 might be better than the 3200 in terms of sensor.. but i doubt it)

you might wanna check which mouse on which post... the 3200, 700 and 8200 are all in one on amazon, meaning their reviews are combined, you may be reading a review for the 7000 or 8200 instead of the 3200. in fact, on this page, which seems to be the main page for the mouse in general, regardless of model, there's a top review that's helped alot of people regarding the models and which is best:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ANIRU7U/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=1944687582&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0041SPG24&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=03YNVZK6XHF6EF8AFKSB

if you are looking for price point, i would really suggest not getting the 3200 as it's performance would not be worth the 51 dollars. however if you're more for 70 dollars, you might want to the 7000 model, it's optical meaning little to no inherent acceleration (however if you would rather acceleration, the 8200 might be better than the 3200 in terms of sensor.. but i doubt it)

All of the mice are the same besides their sensor and Max dpi. I doubt I need 3200 dpi let alone 7000. If the 3200 isn't optical, what is it?

All of the mice are the same besides their sensor and Max dpi. I doubt I need 3200 dpi let alone 7000. If the 3200 isn't optical, what is it?

actually just read the page again, the 3200 is indeed optical, however it seems to have gotten the logitech treatment without the redundancy. not many who go into detail, or even take apart their 60+ dollar mice in fear of warranty invalidation and breaking the dang thing, know that the 502 proteus core and the 402 hyperion fury have different optical sensors. the 502 has one of, if not THE best, sensor on the market, but the 402's optical sensor is a hefty downgrade to something less reliable or stable. the 3200 and the 7000 models for the Naos have very different sensors, as the 3200 seems to have a downgraded more cost effective and not as good sensor. 51 dollars for a sensor that could be a train wreck. UNlike the Fury from Logitech, which includes the Fusion Engine (making the otherwise bad sensor into something a lot better than it would be by itself) the 3200 Naos has hard mouse sensor only, meaning they did nothing to make their sensor better, and just left a bad sensor into the product's model to be more cost effective.

THat's what i've been able to gather. if you're willing to spill 51 on a bad mouse, i would suggest you instead save 20 dollars more for the 7000 model, for the sheer fact it has a much more reliable sensor, or save 10 bucks and grab the proteus core.

There is still my suggestion from the very beginning of this thread, the Redragon Origin, as it's sensor has not failed me at all even through rugged use with 4000 DPI in my more swivel heavy games. making it a really good sensor. and it's only 20 bucks at the moment.

actually just read the page again, the 3200 is indeed optical, however it seems to have gotten the logitech treatment without the redundancy. not many who go into detail, or even take apart their 60+ dollar mice in fear of warranty invalidation and breaking the dang thing, know that the 502 proteus core and the 402 hyperion fury have different optical sensors. the 502 has one of, if not THE best, sensor on the market, but the 402's optical sensor is a hefty downgrade to something less reliable or stable. the 3200 and the 7000 models for the Naos have very different sensors, as the 3200 seems to have a downgraded more cost effective and not as good sensor. 51 dollars for a sensor that could be a train wreck. UNlike the Fury from Logitech, which includes the Fusion Engine (making the otherwise bad sensor into something a lot better than it would be by itself) the 3200 Naos has hard mouse sensor only, meaning they did nothing to make their sensor better, and just left a bad sensor into the product's model to be more cost effective.

THat's what i've been able to gather. if you're willing to spill 51 on a bad mouse, i would suggest you instead save 20 dollars more for the 7000 model, for the sheer fact it has a much more reliable sensor, or save 10 bucks and grab the proteus core.

There is still my suggestion from the very beginning of this thread, the Redragon Origin, as it's sensor has not failed me at all even through rugged use with 4000 DPI in my more swivel heavy games. making it a really good sensor. and it's only 20 bucks at the moment.

I would do the redragon but it just doesn't look that comfortable to me. I look into doing mor e research on the sensors in the mice and see what I can find. I'm I'm too lazy, I'll just go for the 7000.

I would do the redragon but it just doesn't look that comfortable to me. I look into doing mor e research on the sensors in the mice and see what I can find. I'm I'm too lazy, I'll just go for the 7000.

i use a hybrid palm/fingertip grip. just to let you know, the origin may be a little narrow, however i found it's shape to be a little more lazy. the Rival's shape seems to have a higher hump than the origin, otherwise their design of a rounded back is similar, also the Origin has ring and pinky wrests on the side. although a tiny bit small or narrow compared to, say, the Razer Naga's side rest, is still there. Also, the Naos has a similar small form rounded bottom as the origin, as far as i see.

Whilst i'm giving you information about each mouse, understand 3 things. I do not own the Rival, or the Naos, only the redragon. I am only suggesting devices and why, and just want to help you make an informed desicion based off what i know and what i can find. and lastly, it's your money, your hand, and your choice. and whatever happens i hope the best.

i use a hybrid palm/fingertip grip. just to let you know, the origin may be a little narrow, however i found it's shape to be a little more lazy. the Rival's shape seems to have a higher hump than the origin, otherwise their design of a rounded back is similar, also the Origin has ring and pinky wrests on the side. although a tiny bit small or narrow compared to, say, the Razer Naga's side rest, is still there. Also, the Naos has a similar small form rounded bottom as the origin, as far as i see.

Whilst i'm giving you information about each mouse, understand 3 things. I do not own the Rival, or the Naos, only the redragon. I am only suggesting devices and why, and just want to help you make an informed desicion based off what i know and what i can find. and lastly, it's your money, your hand, and your choice. and whatever happens i hope the best.

Thanks man. Appreciate the help.

Thanks man. Appreciate the help.

not a problem. glad to help.