Guild wars 2 is now free.

leelaa14

You can now play the core game for free.

source http://www.vg247.com/2015/08/29/guild-wars-2-free-core-game-pc/

ArenNet announced at PAX today the core Guild Wars 2 game is now free to download.

The developer said it didn’t want to make things complicated by offering various payment versions; therefore, it decided to make the base game free.

“We believe that if people love Guild wars 2, they’re gonna buy the expansion pack,” ArenaNet president Mike O’Brien told PC Gamer.

“The expansion pack is such a great value. There’s so much content, not only in the expansion pack but in all the free updates that will come past that.”

Mind the Heart of Thorns expansion will still cost you, but the base game is free. The new expansion will contain 10-player raids, so in order to get in on those, you will have to purchase the new content.

Raids won’t contain an attunement system so players won’t be restricted. They can just “form up, play the raid, and have a great time,” according to PC Gamer. Plus, like the core game, raid groups won’t need to comprised of the typical tanks, melee, ranged and healer roles as the MMO has a free classing system based on professions.

The developer announced yesterday the Heart of Thorns expansion would release on October 23.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

But with many limitations...

i7 6700k - 32GB DDR4-2133 - GTX 980

as in? what is core game?

CPU:  i7 4770k @ overclocked to 4.4ghz             GPU: Intel HD4600                                                                SSD: Kingston V300 120GB (OS)                   Cooler:  Corsair H100i GTX
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolve (Black)                RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Dominator Platinium 2133mhz  HDD: 1TB Seagate                                            Mouse: Logitech G502
OS:     Windows 10                                                      PSU: Corsair RM850i 80+ Gold                                          Motherboard:  AsusZ97 Pro Gamer              Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r 3

such as? i will like to try out tho, almost registered alrd.

CPU:  i7 4770k @ overclocked to 4.4ghz             GPU: Intel HD4600                                                                SSD: Kingston V300 120GB (OS)                   Cooler:  Corsair H100i GTX
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolve (Black)                RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Dominator Platinium 2133mhz  HDD: 1TB Seagate                                            Mouse: Logitech G502
OS:     Windows 10                                                      PSU: Corsair RM850i 80+ Gold                                          Motherboard:  AsusZ97 Pro Gamer              Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r 3

such as? i will like to try out tho, almost registered alrd.

I don't think there are any you get the core game and have to pay for the expansion when it comes out.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

Nope

I don't think there are any you get the core game and have to pay for the expansion when it comes out.

what is core game? online?

what is core game? online?

It's the game that normally you would pay money for and is now free. No limitations.

@Zackfoo Less Character spaces, you can just whisper to someone every 30 seconds, ...

i7 6700k - 32GB DDR4-2133 - GTX 980

@Zackfoo Less Character spaces, you can just whisper to someone every 30 seconds, ...

that does not sounds like a lot limitation but maybe that is just me cause i dont play this kind of game a lot. still gonna try out tho since it is free. 

It's the game that normally you would pay money for and is now free. No limitations.

Btw is it too late to start now on a 3 years game? Looks like im gonna be 200 levels away or 5000hours away of levels from the pro and being down there dying and shit.

You can now play the core game for free.

source http://www.vg247.com/2015/08/29/guild-wars-2-free-core-game-pc/

ArenNet announced at PAX today the core Guild Wars 2 game is now free to download.

The developer said it didn’t want to make things complicated by offering various payment versions; therefore, it decided to make the base game free.

“We believe that if people love Guild wars 2, they’re gonna buy the expansion pack,” ArenaNet president Mike O’Brien told PC Gamer.

“The expansion pack is such a great value. There’s so much content, not only in the expansion pack but in all the free updates that will come past that.”

Mind the Heart of Thorns expansion will still cost you, but the base game is free. The new expansion will contain 10-player raids, so in order to get in on those, you will have to purchase the new content.

Raids won’t contain an attunement system so players won’t be restricted. They can just “form up, play the raid, and have a great time,” according to PC Gamer. Plus, like the core game, raid groups won’t need to comprised of the typical tanks, melee, ranged and healer roles as the MMO has a free classing system based on professions.

The developer announced yesterday the Heart of Thorns expansion would release on October 23.

is this version the version with some restrictions or is it the same as the normal core game?

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

Btw is it too late to start now on a 3 years game? Looks like im gonna be 200 levels away or 5000hours away of levels from the pro and being down there dying and shit.

It's just another game for me to play. 

means i alrd start late and still i gonna even farm slower? hell....

The thing with GW2, the farm for the 'best' items in the game are mainly cosmetic only..

As soon as you hit level cap and buy/find a few Exotic items your character can be as strong as someone who's played for years. Depending on your ability to play a class of course :P 

The official differences in account types can be found here.

I've recently returned after around a years break from it, only finding out about the new EXP after I'd started playing again. 

Spoiler

CPU: i7 7700k. MOBO: MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon. RAM: 32Gb DDR4 Team Group Dark Pro 3k . GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTWx2. Storage: 64GB SSD, 250GB SSD,480GB SSD, 1.5TB HDD. PSU: EVGA Supanova 750W G2. Case: NZXT H440 Matte Black. Screens: Acer Predator X34 @ 100Hz & AOC 24" G2460F 144hz. KB: Logi G810 Orion Sprectrum. Mouse: Corsair Scimitar RGB Audio: Edifier S550's & ASTRO A50's. Console Peasant?: PS4 & XBone.

This was actually leaked a few days ago. Anyways, I suggest people try it out as it's a great game and well worth your time. Once my power goes back on so I can get at my computer, I'll post some helpful links for newer players.