is this fine?

Guest Johnny5g

would i be good to fold on a CX430? thanks!

system specs? with any GPU over a 750 ti I wouldn't 24/7

CPU: INTEL Core i7 4790k @ 4.7Ghz - Cooling: NZXT Kraken X61 - Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X SLI - RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ares 2400mhz - GPU: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury 4G - Case: Phanteks P350X - PSU: EVGA 750GQ - Storage: WD Black 1TB - Fans: 2x Noctua NF-P14s (Push) / 2x Corsair AF140 (Pull) / 3x Corsair AF120 (Exhaust) - Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red - Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma

Bit of an AMD fan I suppose. I don't bias my replies to anything however, I just prefer AMD and their products. Buy whatever the H*CK you want. 

---QUOTE ME OR I WILL LIKELY NOT REPLY---

Should be fine but they arent meant for heavy duty use. id get something a bit better like one from the RM series. They'll be much more reliable in the long term

Current Rig

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 @4.0ghz MOBO: MSI Z87m-G45 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb (2x4) CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120v GPU: MSI R9 270x PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ Case: Corsair Air 240 (modded) SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 500gb HDD: Samsung 1tb Apple Hard Drive Mouse: Razer Naga 2014

system specs? with any GPU over a 750 ti I wouldn't 24/7

Should be fine but they arent meant for heavy duty use. id get something a bit better like one from the RM series. They'll be much more reliable in the long term

it isn't heavy duty and it has some cheep GPU. but it does have CPU power.

RM aren't much better. Seasonic PSUs would be a better option

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

it isn't heavy duty and it has some cheep GPU. but it does have CPU power.

It should be fine anyways

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

hum. thanks! but i don't want to spend the money right now.

It should be fine anyways

ok thanks! so it will be fine.

its not the best but it could work but i will summon the ones that are smarter than me about psu's @STRMfrmXMN @Aniallation 

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

no the rm's are quite a bit better then cx, its just that rm's are overpriced

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

its not the best but it could work but i will summon the ones that are smarter than me about psu's @STRMfrmXMN @Aniallation 

ok thanks!

no the rm's are quite a bit better then cx, its just that rm's are overpriced

hum

what are the components?

Current Rig

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 @4.0ghz MOBO: MSI Z87m-G45 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb (2x4) CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120v GPU: MSI R9 270x PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ Case: Corsair Air 240 (modded) SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 500gb HDD: Samsung 1tb Apple Hard Drive Mouse: Razer Naga 2014

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

M8 you were told in that thread that the cx wasnt enough. just upgrade that box of poop

Current Rig

M8 you were told in that thread that the cx wasnt enough. just upgrade that box of poop

i don't want to spend the money right now. so is it good right now?

i don't want to spend the money right now. so is it good right now?

i would really wait until you can get a new one. Overheating a psu can lead to a serious fire risk and folding will push that psu to the max

Current Rig

i would really wait until you can get a new one. Overheating a psu can lead to a serious fire risk and folding will push that psu to the max

ok thanks! it is 4 years old

no.

why?

Folding on a PSU with an ambient temp tolerance of 30C is not a smart idea.

i don't know what the ambient is.

i don't know what the ambient is.

It's not the easiest in the world to measure. A safe test is "half your GPU temp under max load." If the max temps of your GPU are 80C, for example, then you might want a PSU with an ambient temp tolerance of 40C or more. That isn't exactly how it works but it's a nice, safe way of making sure you don't set fire.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

It's not the easiest in the world to measure. A safe test is "half your GPU temp under max load." If the max temps of your GPU are 80C, for example, then you might want a PSU with an ambient temp tolerance of 40C or more. That isn't exactly how it works but it's a nice, safe way of making sure you don't set fire.

the GPU is a cheap 2011 (cheep then) GPU so it isn't that good.

it is at 20 c ambient while folding