How does one use Duality CPU in servers

I have no idea I mean Ik what duality 2 or more motherboards and only Xeons support it so I picked 1 one out the E7-2690v3 because it's Really close to i7-5960X 19% Worst in fact because of 2.66 ghz But when i goes into turbo it goes to 3.5Ghz So good trade off my eyes It won't bottleneck my 4-way Titan x BUT I still don't know what are the rules of Duality Please help

A human who wants so destroy all else

-demonic satan Duane

You buy 2 CPUs from the E5/E7 Line and you put them in Dual Socket motherboard.

But no SLI.

Un... There's no e7-27690v3 nor a e5-2790... There's an e5-2690v3, is that what you mean? Or do you mean the e5-2690?

i7 6700k - 32GB DDR4-2133 - GTX 980

If you think about getting two e5-2690s, you'll need a dual 2011 mainboard... And they are freaking expensive...

If you think about getting two e5-2690s, you'll need a dual 2011 mainboard... And they are freaking expensive...

^^ 

And what are you doing with your GPU's? For gaming it will perform worse than a i7 4790k.

And i don't think you need 2 2690s

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

@-iSynthesis He/She said "in Servers"... Then, they are SOMETIMES useful, depending on the job they are assigned to... Also, dual 2011 is too expansive... I found NO board under €500... That's around $550... :P

@-iSynthesis He/She said "in Servers"... Then, they are SOMETIMES useful, depending on the job they are assigned to... Also, dual 2011 is too expansive... I found NO board under €500... That's around $550... :P

But he's talking about bottlenecks of his Titan X... Most Servers won't have quad Titan X's unless they are somehow rendering something which i would then classify as workstation. 

Yeah Boards are expensive , i know EVGA made some, i don't know if they still make them for 2011-3 and i don't really know the price of them

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

SORRY I put the wrong CPU in um

-demonic satan Duane

@-iSynthesis Those boards mostly don't even support SLI...

Also I'm using a server as a gaming PC for 4 very long story's but I'm tesing out something I've been testing in my mind PPC and If all goes well and I will do some bios mods I can make A incredibly Strong Gaming PC Using custom software

The idea is that if i have a software that has a min Fps of 60 so if I don't get 60 Fps it turns on a secound Board with more power to support it turns it on Via A psu Turn on and only turns on when needed, only 1 other type of case supports it and I wanted to go all out with a 100Tb sever because Im not only a gamer Wink Wink

And then I can have friends have remote access to this gaming server so they can Play a game With out a gaming rig

This is overboard but if I do streams to pay of this rig I'll be happy!

-demonic satan Duane

dual-cpu is pretty much workstation and server use only. mostly because in regular user applications you pretty much have no advantage with it at all.

most games out there cant even use the entirety of one i5.

as for bottlenecking, you're DEAD wrong.

--

here follows my usual rant on bottlenecking:

bottlenecking occurs when a program loads two or more parts of your system, and one of those parts isnt sufficiently powerful to have other parts run maxed out.

an obvious example of this is minecraft, which will bottleneck on any cpu you throw at it, when paired with at least a semi decent GPU. (we call a GT610 "at least semi decent" here)

the other end of the spectrum will be things like valley benchmark, which can max out pretty much any GPU setup, paired with pretty much any decent cpu.

in this last case, we can say the GPU is "bottlenecking" the CPU.

TLDR: bottlenecking is dependant on the program you're running, and the different pieces of hardware that it is using. there is no clear cut yes/no answer to bottlenecking, it is rather a fine balance of picking parts for your use case, and putting them together the right way.

Something I should probably explain that dual CPUs don't equal double the cpu power....

The performance yield for home loads is awful. On good multithreaded loads much better but still not double.

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

Thank you I found a motherboard.... I have every thing reddy thanks for the info you gave me Project PPC is almost reddy with the multi board figured out the 8gpu monster of a PC in sli and crossfire

If you think what I'm saying doesent make sense look at my previous post there you go again thanks

-demonic satan Duane

Thank you I found a motherboard.... I have every thing reddy thanks for the info you gave me Project PPC is almost reddy with the multi board figured out the 8gpu monster of a PC in sli and crossfire

If you think what I'm saying doesent make sense look at my previous post there you go again thanks

If you can get the switching to work properly i would love to see it...