PC booting out of nowhere?

Hey guys, so yesterday I started my computer, but was confronted with some irl problem so I shut it down from the "password menu" (the one that apears when you boot)(windows 10 btw).
So after a day the pc booted alone??? is it normal?  I'm totally lost here.

additional info: The Pc in not in a network of pcs with a master pc who can shutdown others and I am the only person who has the password. Virus scaned and nothing was found. 

Hey guys, so yesterday I started my computer, but was confronted with some irl problem so I shut it down from the "password menu" (the one that apears when you boot)(windows 10 btw).

So after a day the pc booted alone??? is it normal?  I'm totally lost here.

additional info: The Pc in not in a network of pcs with a master pc who can shutdown others and I am the only person who has the password. Virus scaned and nothing was found. 

Did this happen only once? It could be because it received a packet with its MAC address and took it as a Wake-on-LAN packet.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Did this happen only once? It could be because it received a packet with its MAC address and took it as a Wake-on-LAN packet.

It happened twice. Around. The same hour. Past.7 am. Hmm. Can you. Explain. What you. Mean?

It happened twice. Around. The same hour. Past.7 am. Hmm. Can you. Explain. What you. Mean?

Edit: didnt happen twice but it booted around the same time the day after i booted it

Wake on lan is basically your computer being told to wake up by another device on your local network.  It can be very handy, like I can turn on my media server via my TV, but most people won't need it, but can be enabled by default, so your system ends up being turned on when you don't want it on.

Now it turning on at the same time sounds like it could be wake up on lan.  I have known routers/modems to reboot at the same time every day/night, that could be sending a packet which your computer may see it as you are wanting it to turn on, so it does.

Simple fix, enter the bios and disable wake on.

There is also a windows 10 setting that could be turning on your computer, but I don't know much about this at the moment. Someone here may be able to help more, or you can do a google search for it.

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

Wake on lan is basically your computer being told to wake up by another device on your local network. It can be very handy, like I can turn on my media server via my TV, but most people won't need it, but can be enabled by default, so your system ends up being turned on when you don't want it on.

Now it turning on at the same time sounds like it could be wake up on lan. I have known routers/modems to reboot at the same time every day/night, that could be sending a packet which your computer may see it as you are wanting it to turn on, so it does.

Simple fix, enter the bios and disable wake on.

There is also a windows 10 setting that could be turning on your computer, but I don't know much about this at the moment. Someone here may be able to help more, or you can do a google search for it.

Thanks alot. Thats the most logical answer. I will Check My bios but would love to know that windows setting