Watch/Fitness device advice

XDroidie626

I am looking at getting a fitness device that must have a HRM but I am unsure on which device I should get.

I did want the original pebble, I love its design but sadly it does not have a HRM, so I looked at the new Pebble while it is £180 I am happy to pay that for a smart device, and I also love pebbles designs.

Also in the list was either the Charge HR and Surge from Fitbit, but the problem is the HR does not have music control (Which I will use for when I am in the car) and notification viewing also.

While I do have an iPhone I wont be going for a Apple watch, there overpriced pieces.

I would love something from the Android wear side but iOS for one and two they seem really overpriced.

So what device would you recommend, Ideally I would like the telemetry to be accurate on the device which I know the HR is supposed to be really good for.

Thanks 

What does an Transformer get? Life insurance or car insurance? - Russell Howard - Standup (Made me giggle a bit)

I like the idea of the fitbit but I prefer the look of the pebble.

Whats the music controls like on the surge?

What does an Transformer get? Life insurance or car insurance? - Russell Howard - Standup (Made me giggle a bit)

Microsoft Band. Works with all types of phone, HRM, GPS, run tracking, sleep tracking, cycle, golf, walking, emails, texts. I think you get the picture. WAIT! I almost forgot, calorie monitor, UV monitor, cortana, general workout tracker, incoming call viewer, weather, calendar, alarm/stopwatch/timer. And A very good 2 day battery life.

£140 ish, I got it in Honolulu and it was $200 but they are probably cheaper in the US by now as they are here in the UK.

http://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-band/en-gb

Do pebble have heart rate monitors?

I'd consider the Microsoft Band,which is available in the US and Uk only. It meets all your needs. The fitbit surge also does, but most people seem to have issues with it.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

Do pebble have heart rate monitors?

No the Pebble Time (and time steel) do not have a heart rate monitor. There is a feature on them called "smart straps" which will allow 3rd parties to make custom watch bands that could have a HRM. To date, I have not seen said bands anywhere.

What problems is there with the surge? Also I find the Ms band ugly lol but ah well

What problems is there with the surge? Also I find the Ms band ugly lol but ah well

The Band looks better in real life,but from what I've heard there are some software issues (might have been solved by now) and that the HRM is erratic and less accurate than other competing devices. But this might be a YMMV situation.

The Band looks better in real life,but from what I've heard there are some software issues (might have been solved by now) and that the HRM is erratic and less accurate than other competing devices. But this might be a YMMV situation.

I haven't have any software problems with the MS Band. And the heart rate has been very accurate for me, sleep tracking is amazingly accurate.

I haven't have any software problems with the MS Band. And the heart rate has been very accurate for me, sleep tracking is amazingly accurate.

Whoops, I made a typo, I meant the Fitbit Surge has problems!