Qality and Audio-Technica

Looking at it is one thing, @KaminKevCrew and I have attended 2 head-fi meets and many, so many people there have amps and dacs that beat the price of the headphones they're paired up with.

I'm talking about $1000+ tube amp paired up with $300 HD650

I have only attended three audio meets in my life. Annoyingly, the first meet I was in, I was ridiculed for having an O2 and saying it can't power HD600's and I need atleast a "decent" tube amp. The next two were actually way more factual and actually liked my choice of gear. I saw a fair lot of static amps that were huge in both price tag and sheer size, but they were more than happy to go and let me try as well as them being really interested in getting an O2. Nevertheless, if I happened to be in an audio meet that involved head-fi, I'd vomit on the spot.

Random person here...

Yeah I noticed a lot of amp talk in that thread, what amp will make t1 sound best?

Wow...

Like what I always say, an amp is just there to add more volume to someone's volume without introducing distortion or raising the noise floor. The moment it adds coloration, regardless if its a static amp or not, then its crap.

Random person here...

I have only attended three audio meets in my life. Annoyingly, the first meet I was in, I was ridiculed for having an O2 and saying it can't power HD600's and I need atleast a "decent" tube amp. The next two were actually way more factual and actually liked my choice of gear. I saw a fair lot of static amps that were huge in both price tag and sheer size, but they were more than happy to go and let me try as well as them being really interested in getting an O2. Nevertheless, if I happened to be in an audio meet that involved head-fi, I'd vomit on the spot.

It's a good place to try most high-end headphone though, so I'd still attend one. Surprisingly enough, the guy who has $3500 auralic vega for his HD800 is an audio engineer and did a through measurement with his modded HD800 (500hz square wave)

It's a good place to try most high-end headphone though, so I'd still attend one. Surprisingly enough, the guy who has $3500 auralic vega for his HD800 is an audio engineer and did a through measurement with his modded HD800 (500hz square wave)

Yeah, I guess it'd be fair. 

Random person here...

I think that $3500 could be justified for measurements and the sheer build quality of the auralaic gear. Plus, if you have the money, it would look really good at someone's home, so I could see the aesthetic reason as well. But again, that guy backed up all his gear with measurements and experiments, which I thought was really interesting.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

I think that $3500 could be justified for measurements and the sheer build quality of the auralaic gear. Plus, if you have the money, it would look really good at someone's home, so I could see the aesthetic reason as well. But again, that guy backed up all his gear with measurements and experiments, which I thought was really interesting.

Well it does look freaking fantastic. Although if he wants fantastic measured DAC, benchmark DAC 2 should've been his choice

Well it does look freaking fantastic. Although if he wants fantastic measured DAC, benchmark DAC 2 should've been his choice

To be fair, when you're using a bottle head Crack, you aren't exactly going for measurements...

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

To be fair, when you're using a bottle head Crack, you aren't exactly going for measurements...

The crack with modded HD800 does wonder though to the treble, it sounds analytical like an HD800 but also smooth at the same time. It's really hard to describe the feeling

The crack with modded HD800 does wonder though to the treble, it sounds analytical like an HD800 but also smooth at the same time. It's really hard to describe the feeling

Too bad I never listened with the hd800... I still haven't listened to a pair yet...

Hey! New SIgnature!