Need speakers for amplifier pls halp!

SunshineBob

Hello so I've got myself an Yamaha S-A501 85W RMS per channel. It's a stereo amp so I need the speakers now. Any recommendations? Pls don't go over 500$. Thanks in advance! :)

Hello so I've got myself an Yamaha S-A501 85W RMS per channel. It's a stereo amp so I need the speakers now. Any recommendations? Pls don't go over 500$. Thanks in advance! :)

What sort of impedance does it support? Do you feel like you need a sub? (don't get a sub for $500 though. For music, you should spend $500 at a minimum for just the Subwoofer.) how many speakers do you want? What size of speaker works for you? Floorstanding? Bookshelf? Need more info :)

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

What sort of impedance does it support? Do you feel like you need a sub? (don't get a sub for $500 though. For music, you should spend $500 at a minimum for just the Subwoofer.) how many speakers do you want? What size of speaker works for you? Floorstanding? Bookshelf? Need more info :)

4-8 ohms. Standard. No sub is needed. 2 speakers, size does not matter. Fliorstands would be nice but quality is the most important factor here. It's a very tiny budget build.

The SVS Prime Bookshelves look nice. I have heard the Satellites and the soundstage is excellent.

The SVS Prime Bookshelves look nice. I have heard the Satellites and the soundstage is excellent.

they are 600

NVM, only 600 for gloss, 500 for ash..

odd...

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

they are 600

NVM, only 600 for gloss, 500 for ash..

odd...

I mean glossy improves sound quality by at least 10% right?!

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

I mean glossy improves sound quality by at least 10% right?!

Yeah it does, but its 20% more expensive, so not worth it.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Haha, I would never buy glossy speakers anyway... That would be a pain to clean.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

Guys can you explain? I'm more of a headphone guy and now that I live separately from my parents I'm throwing parties with friends and stuff that's why I need the speakers and an amp. Npw wherever I look there's 2 speakers to buy. They measure watts like 160W RMS but they don't say is it per speaker or combined. How do I know? 2 speakers for example 140W RMS. If combined, I would be fine of using them just would amplify less but if it's 140W RMS per speaker my amplifier wiuld be nowhere near to power those on right? So how do I know?

And also at the SVS speakers they say Recommended amplifier power: 20-150 watts. I guess that's RMS but how do I count? I have 2 channels 85W RMS per channel. If I will combine, thats not the recommended amplification and if it's on per channel it's recommended. So confused right now. :(