'hotrod' R9 280x for $91 USD!

ryjanpugz

I helped my friend find a wicked deal on a brand new R9 390x, so he gave me first dibs on his old gpu. His old gpu is a 'hotrod' R9 280x. It has 92mm Noctua fans and a custom LCD display that shows the GPU temp(you can cut a hole on one of your optical drive bays and install it). All of this modded goodness is held together by electrical tape! He sold it to me for only $91 usd lol! I will be using this on an HTPC/console killer mini ITX rig that I am building soon.

notes: when my friend first bought the card, the fans in the cooler were broken, but it was cheap so he didn't care. He knew he could make an improvised solution.

here are some of the pics  :) :

IMG_5584.jpg

IMG_5588.jpg

IMG_5589.jpg

IMG_5583.jpg

IMG_5582.jpg

That temp teller is SICK

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Wow! A old friend of mine struck a deal on a GTX 680 for $105 on eBay one day.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Lol this should be on ratchet pics of the week.

But seriously congrats on the good deal!

where can I submit my entry? :P

Can we get some pictures that are appropriate for humans?

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

Wow! A old friend of mine struck a deal on a GTX 680 for $105 on eBay one day.

that's awesome! those are sweet cards!

Can we get some pictures that are appropriate for humans?

what do you mean?

GhettoSolutionTips

That temp monitor though.....

Whoever designed that cooler should make a company called: "Ghetto Cooling Solutions" or "Ghetto Improvisions Inc.".

I produce music!

That temp teller is SICK

yep! my friend used to be a technician so he bought some thermal sensors and LCDs online and started hooking them up to his components

yep! my friend used to be a technician so he bought some thermal sensors and LCDs online and started hooking them up to his components

Tbh that actually cant be that hard to do, I may look into doing that, since my Air 540 sits right next to me on my desk. I could just stick the LCD to the side panel on the inside and have a nice little PC mod

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

what do you mean?

he's probably refering to the pic's resolution. you can barely see it

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

GhettoSolutionTips

That temp monitor though.....

Whoever designed that cooler should make a company called: "Ghetto Cooling Solutions" or "Ghetto Improvisions Inc.".

A hotrod doesn't need to look clean/polished. It only needs to be functional  ;)

Tbh that actually cant be that hard to do, I may look into doing that, since my Air 540 sits right next to me on my desk. I could just stick the LCD to the side panel on the inside and have a nice little PC mod

yeah it's definitely worth looking into if you are comfortable doing it. Good luck!

A hotrod doesn't need to look clean/polished. It only needs to be functional  ;)

I wouldn't drive a hotrod if it doesn't look good.....

Aesthetics sell!

But features wise, that thing looks like it's going to get some really good temps because of the noctua fans.

I produce music!

Now can I get a album with pictures in it?

8d7a1609bf.png

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

What are the temp differences from stock fans to noctua?

I haven't hooked it up but I'm assuming noctua fans would perform a little bit better. I forgot to include this in the description, but he actually installed the noctua fans because when he bought the card used, the fans in the stock cooler were broken. He got the card for cheap(because the cooler fans was broken), then installed the 2 noctua fans and the LCD.

Now can I get a album with pictures in it?

8d7a1609bf.png

try it now. sorry about that :D