Purchasing a Game on Disc, Can Redeem Product key in Origin?

CEO of Monsters Inc
Go to solution Solved by zzenigmaxzz,

yes you can redeem a product code just like on steam

I'm looking to buy Dragon Age Inquisition on PC and the cheapest ones I find are on disc (brand new of course). So it's a dumb question, but since my PC doesn't have a slot for a CD Drive, I can just redeem the CD key through origin and download the game through Origin instead of the disc, correct? I know it's a silly question, but I've never purchased a CD game on PC before. Thanks!

I'm looking to buy Dragon Age Inquisition on PC and the cheapest ones I find are on disc (brand new of course). So it's a dumb question, but since my PC doesn't have a slot for a CD Drive, I can just redeem the CD key through origin and download the game through Origin instead of the disc, correct? I know it's a silly question, but I've never purchased a CD game on PC before. Thanks!

why didn't you just buy it online?

CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.6 ghz  Motherboard: Asus z170-a  Cooling: Corsair h80i GT GPU: EVGA GTX 970  Ram: G.Skill 2x8 gb ddr4 2400  PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 550w  Case: Corsair 200r Storage: 250GB 850 EVO + 2x wd 1 tb drives

why didn't you just buy it online?

Well, I haven't purchased it yet, but the game on disc is typically sold around $25 (on Ebay, New) but on Origin it's $39.99 (on sale) and still around $30 on G2A.

That's what I figured, but I just wanted to make sure! Thanks!

it is pretty likely to work in this case but not all codes for games that are on ste can be redeemed on steam! Check Our facts please. And before you asked. I did. I even tried it myself.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system