F@H points per day and not making the deadline

Hi guys,

I recently started Folding since I spend a lot of time on my PC just browsing and stuff and figured I might as well put my PC to some use.

I get over 22k ppd with my cpu (a Xeon E3-1231v3) but only 3000 with my gpu. It's a beaten up old 6850 which should've been put out of its miserie quite some time ago, unfortunately I do not have the cash to buy a new one. At the momen it says it will take 2.27 days to complete the assignment of the GPU, but I only have 15 hours to complete it. Is there anyway to just not use the GPU untill I've bought a new one or at least force it to try a different project if I see it won't make it in time? This is just a pure waste of energy.

Also, does that ppd of my cpu look good?

Thanks 

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

Hi guys,

I recently started Folding since I spend a lot of time on my PC just browsing and stuff and figured I might as well put my PC to some use.

I get over 22k ppd with my cpu (a Xeon E3-1231v3) but only 3000 with my gpu. It's a beaten up old 6850 which should've been put out of its miserie quite some time ago, unfortunately I do not have the cash to buy a new one. At the momen it says it will take 2.27 days to complete the assignment of the GPU, but I only have 15 hours to complete it. Is there anyway to just not use the GPU untill I've bought a new one or at least force it to try a different project if I see it won't make it in time? This is just a pure waste of energy.

Thanks 

i have a 4660k and get about 10k per day with my 280 i can get about 100k per day but i dont foild all the time 

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

Hi guys,

Thanks 

This was before GCN aka when AMD started putting a shit ton of money towards OpenCL and their GPUs having lots of streaming cores

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

I can confirm: the 6xxx series are way too slow for folding. I tried using mine, and 24/7 folding would BARELY make it.

Just don't fold with it, use that GPU for a Boinc project (Primegrid comes to mind....).

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

I can confirm: the 6xxx series are way too slow for folding. I tried using mine, and 24/7 folding would BARELY make it.

I have the same problem with my GTS 450. Really sad that they loose some folding power by not supporting older hardware.

I have the same problem with my GTS 450. Really sad that they loose some folding power by not supporting older hardware.

Just go to Boinc. They can always make use of old stuff (#crunching on a Radeon Hd 4350).

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!