Apple working with the Pentagon and Boeing to develop wearable tech

Dapk1nmasta

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN0QX12D20150828

Basically, Apple is in collaboration with the Pentagon, Boeing, and a handful of other companies to implement technologies able to be worn.

The new technology aims to use high-end printing technologies to create stretchable electronics that could be embedded with sensors and worn by soldiers, a defense official said, and could ultimately be used on ships or warplanes for real-time monitoring of their structural integrity.

I see some major improvements in security functions around the Pentagon, as well as this being a base for future technologies to be implemented into the mainstream.

It's definitely an interesting move using 3D printing rather than molding plastic and I would love to see what comes out of this.

It might add some concern against people's privacy in terms of embedded sensors, but only time will tell. Then again, who knows what could come out of sensors inside many everyday objects that we can't even see.

Based on the wording at the end of the article, it seems to be a decision by Obama.

Personally, I find it to be exciting from a national defense point of view, but scary from a citizen point.
Thoughts?

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN0QX12D20150828

Based on the wording at the end of the article, it seems to be a decision by Obama.

Where on earth do you see that? All i see is a statement that its an initiative "the Obama administration in an effort to revitalize several U.S. manufacturing sectors, several of them defense-related. "

Come on people lets not bring political bullshit into these conversations.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

I thought they were gonna make wearable military aircraft. Derp.

Well at least now we know Obama has much shares in Apple. Or maybe they gave him free shares for this?

avatar256x256-38ae399c6f1d49fd8f27b44535

Topkek