Lapop fan ramping up and down for o reason

nj4ck

OK so this is a weird one:

My dad's laptop (Lenovo U410 Touch) has been acting up lately, basically it would freeze up every couple of seconds and remain frozen for up to a minute, and when this was not happening it would still be very slow overall. I fixed the issue simply by running Malwarebytes, which detected over 100 malicious files and deleted them. This brought the aptop back to its normal state in terms of speed (no more freezing/lagging), but has introduced a new problem:

The fan ramps up up and down between 0% and 100% all the time. There's no apparent connection between the fan speed and the temperatures though, it just seems to be ramping up randomly. I can't get into the bios of this laptop and none of the standard programs (Speedfan, Afterburner) are able to detect a fan or set up a fan curve. I have no idea why the removal of malware has caused this, but it started happening right after I fixed the freezig issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You gotta check the Task Manager if any programs running at Background.

If you can, Please open the laptop clear all the dusts.

If problem still persists, I'd suggest you to do Clean Install of Windows, just because there may be some other malware or viruses that are

undetectable by the Anti-Malware / Anti - Virus program

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

check cpu usage? on my 2 in 1, the windows antivirus likes to max out my cpu all the time

You gotta check the Task Manager if any programs running at Background.

If you can, Please open the laptop clear all the dusts.

If problem still persists, I'd suggest you to do Clean Install of Windows, just because there may be some other malware or viruses that are

undetectable by the Anti-Malware / Anti - Virus program

Ok I guess I should have mentioned I already checked all the obvious stuff. CPU is at 1-10% and temperatures are in the low 40s, yet the fan still ramps up and down like crazy. This is some kind of software issue, it isn't caused by CPU usage or temperatures.

Ok I guess I should have mentioned I already checked all the obvious stuff. CPU is at 1-10% and temperatures are in the low 40s, yet the fan still ramps up and down like crazy. This is some kind of software issue, it isn't caused by CPU usage or temperatures.

Then just use a Ubuntu Live CD and run it for some hours, Browse some things in there. If you still face the problem, Some prob with fan or something.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Then just use a Ubuntu Live CD and run it for some hours, Browse some things in there. If you still face the problem, Some prob with fan or something.

Good idea, I'll give that a try.

Good idea, I'll give that a try.

Post back with results :)