Opinions on this PSU!

DannyRyu

thermaltake 600w tr2 bronze tr-600p

What do you think? any good?

I'm running a MSI GTX 960 and an i3-4170 (going to upgrade it in the near future)

roughly 230 W usage at peak, but the GPU only runs at 80% power at 100% usage !!

A PSU is good enough (for an average rig) if it has enough power to power your rig, and is atleast 80+ Bronze certified.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

thermaltake 600w tr2 bronze tr-600p

What do you think? any good?

I'm running a MSI GTX 960 and an i3-4170 (going to upgrade it in the near future)

roughly 230 W usage at peak, but the GPU only runs at 80% power at 100% usage !!

It's enough but a better unit would be preferred.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

It's enough but a better unit would be preferred.

What does it matter?

His build uses less sapp than a modern microwave. No sense in ploughing a goddamn RM850 or AX1200i.

That unit will do just fine.

What does it matter?

His build uses less sapp than a modern microwave. No sense in ploughing a goddamn RM850 or AX1200i.

That unit will do just fine.

PSUs are not all about wattage. No need to put a crappy PSU in any build. I'm not suggesting more wattage. His PC will get to around 150W under load...

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

PSUs are not all about wattage. No need to put a crappy PSU in any build. I'm not suggesting more wattage. His PC will get to around 150W under load...

You think 50A on the 12V is not enough either?

Or the Japanese quality caps?

Or the 3 year warranty?

I'd say its a pretty good value unit and you just dont know anything about it...

You think 50A on the 12V is not enough either?

Or the Japanese quality caps?

Or the 3 year warranty?

I'd say its a pretty good value unit and you just dont know anything about it...

You think that Japanese capacitors are automagically good? And that a 3-year warranty is anything above mediocre? I'd say you have absolutely no clue...

You think that Japanese capacitors are automagically good? And that a 3-year warranty is anything above mediocre? I'd say you have absolutely no clue...

http://www.hardwareinsights.com/wp/thermaltake-tr2-bronze-600wtr-600p-review/2/

Also yes I think Japanese Polymer caps are better than whatever china can deliver.

Please refrain from posting if you're not knowledgeable about the subject.

Also yes I think Japanese Polymer caps are better than whatever china can deliver.

Lol, not knowledgable? @Aniallation, @themaniac, @don_svetlio @EllieThePurpleFuzzy would probably disagree

Thing about capacitors: where they're from does not determine the quality. There can be good Chinese and bad Chinese capacitors. Yes, japcaps are often good but not every single thing from Japan in a PSU equates to flawless quality.

I'd also like to point out how extremely incomplete the review is, making no mention of temperatures or capacitors on the secondary or really any mention of much of the stuff on the inside. It is not a well documented PSU.  Although Newegg reviews are pretty solid you can't trust user reviews of people who have owned the PSU for a few days before reviewing it. Even putting the moral aspect of Thermaltake (the "Thermalfake" affair) aside I would suggest something with a longer than 3-year warranty anyways. 

you are the one not knowledgeable, psu's are not about wattage they are about quality which the tr2 does not have its a bad psu

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

you are the one not knowledgeable, psu's are not about wattage they are about quality which the tr2 does not have its a bad psu

Eh, some TR2 units are not half bad but that particular one is unbelievably sketchy with how not-documented it is.

Eh, some TR2 units are not half bad but that particular one is unbelievably sketchy with how not-documented it is.

well I am only moderately smart with psu's and i'm going by you and @Aniallation from what you guys have said they are bad anyways that one should not be got

OP get something like the Antec earthwatts green or EVGA b2 or something higher quality

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

well I am only moderately smart with psu's and i'm going by you and @Aniallation from what you guys have said they are bad anyways that one should not be got

OP get something like the Antec earthwatts green or EVGA b2 or something higher quality

If @DannyRyu is in the USA then yes, the Antec Earthwatts/Neo Eco etc would be better for the same-ish amount of money. PSUs are not going on sale as of late it seems. Antec's VP450 isn't the greatest unit in the world but it is going for cheap and is made pretty decently.

If @DannyRyu is in the USA then yes, the Antec Earthwatts/Neo Eco etc would be better for the same-ish amount of money. PSUs are not going on sale as of late it seems. Antec's VP450 isn't the greatest unit in the world but it is going for cheap and is made pretty decently.

I recently saw the antec earthwatts green 550 for 29.99 but its no longer on sale

Spoiler

I recently saw the antec earthwatts green 550 for 29.99 but its no longer on sale

Well, hopefully we can get a reply from the OP to see where he/she is located.

Also 7k posts.

Well, hopefully we can get a reply from the OP to see where he/she is located.

Also 7k posts.

yeah and yay and i'm at 3,148 I will catch up hopefully

Spoiler

yeah and yay and i'm at 3,148 I will catch up hopefully

I believe in you! Please don't be like (unnamed user) that has lots of posts and posts nothing contributive...

Please refrain from posting if you are not knowledgeable about the subject.

TR2s are awful. Period. There is no room for debate regarding this.

"Rawr XD"

I believe in you! Please don't be like (unnamed user) that has lots of posts and posts nothing contributive...

don't worry I plan on being helpful and at least an all rounder when it comes to knowledge and not just specifically on one section

Spoiler

don't worry I plan on being helpful and at least an all rounder when it comes to knowledge and not just specifically on one section

I try to be an all-rounder but I still don't understand networking for jack and audio is still a bit fuzzy...

I try to be an all-rounder but I still don't understand networking for jack and audio is still a bit fuzzy...

I know absolute nothing on audio and networking, and displays and peripherals are fuzzy

Spoiler

I know absolute nothing on audio and networking, and displays and peripherals are fuzzy

peripherals used to be my thing but I've since pretty much quit with peripherals... the people who recommended them is why. People recommend "X mouse because I use it and that makes it best" and I just got tired of really only me and @TheFlurryGames helping people out.

Also

p4pb6339846.jpg

peripherals used to be my thing but I've since pretty much quit with peripherals... the people who recommended them is why. People recommend "X mouse because I use it and that makes it best" and I just got tired of really only me and @TheFlurryGames helping people out.

Also

p4pb6339846.jpg

I think I will use that image when the thread needs to get back on track

Spoiler

I believe one of my friends has one with a FX 8350 and a GTX 960 and hers is pretty much on its last legs. been getting shut downs the last time i heard.

any second now im expecting it to go pop.

I think i would get something a bit more concrete than the TR2, maybe a Seasonic S12ii for example.

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD