Optical Vs Laser

Go to solution Solved by AuraDesru,

Claims palm grip to be the worst grip for fps.. Doesn't state source or any relevent articles that would prove his theory..

Just go with the grip that is most comfortable to you. Buy a couple of them and return them after you figured out which one you like. 

Helloo everyone,

I need to know which is better for fps games, a optical or laser mouse?

I play csgo, minecraft and other fps's so yeah.

Optical

|Intel Core i5-4670K| |Gigabyte Z97P-D3| |Seagate 1TB SSHD| |Fractal Design Define S| |Corsair CS650M| |Asus PB278Q| |Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Bundle|

Laser is the better technology, but AFAIK laser sensors have built-in angle snapping and mouse acceleration at the firmware level making them unsuitable for FPS games like CS:GO. Stick to optical sensors, and not just that but known good ones like the A3090 or A3310.

If your an FPS player go with Optical,

Favoring the Deathadder, M65, G303, G502

Don't forget the G400

|Intel Core i5-4670K| |Gigabyte Z97P-D3| |Seagate 1TB SSHD| |Fractal Design Define S| |Corsair CS650M| |Asus PB278Q| |Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Bundle|

eh dat acceleration But make sure the mouse you get feels/fits your playstyle lots of people purly love the deathadder because of its eargonomic design on your palm it just fits so well ^_^

eh dat acceleration But make sure the mouse you get feels/fits your playstyle lots of people purly love the deathadder because of its eargonomic design on your palm it just fits so well ^_^

So if i got a deathadder would it be good for fps games and palm grip?

Get the optical version of this instead of the laser version. The optical version has a pretty much perfect sensor, so it's a good deal.

Laptop: Intel Core i5-4200H, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce 840M

Desktop: Intel Core i3-6100, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Go optical

My favorite mice for FPS:

Zowie Fk1/2 or EC1a/2a

Logitech G303 or G502

Optical m9. Steelseries Rival IMO

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

Would the logitech G502 be better than the deathadder then in terms of price and perfomance?

That's the worst grip type for playing shooters...

But whatever floats your boat. Comfort and enjoyment comes first.

Do try to adopt the fingertip grip though. It'll benefit you in the long run if you play shooters.

Not really. It depends on how you do it. I do a palm grip on my mouse and it works excellently with a fairly low sensitivity since I can use my wrist as a pivot point for fine tuning or use my whole hand for large movements. With my large mouse pad it gives me the range of motion AND fine motion control required. I've hit SMFC solo queue with this.

I got a steelseries kana v2 the other day because it has the same sensor as the deathadder 3.5gb and was only cheap, it cost me £31.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

There's a section in @STRMfrmXMN's mouse guide that you should look at for this topic.

Currently roaming the forums in boredom

I like mice and keyboards and the sort

Formerly TheFlurryGames

If your an FPS player go with Optical,

Favoring the Deathadder, M65, G303, G502

For CS:GO?  How about no.

Formerly TheFlurryGames

Oh we have a VP fan over here, wanna fight?

Do try to adopt the fingertip grip though. It'll benefit you in the long run if you play shooters.

Palm isn't the worst...  where did you get that shitty idea from?  For palm grip get a Zowie EC1-A or EC2-A, the EC1-A for larger hands the EC2-A for for smaller.

Formerly TheFlurryGames

So what's the worst grip type for shooters then?

I'm no "VP fan" but you can take up a fight with the guy who gave me this "shitty idea":

I personally think that a grip type doesn't make you bad at something, it will make you better if it is the right grip type for you.  I will fight him, don't worry ;)

Formerly TheFlurryGames

I'm sorry, but palm grips aren't the worst for playing FPS games. It's the same argument with resolution when it comes down to CS:GO. Some people play 1080p native 16:9, some people play 4:3 stretched to fit 16:9 and some play standard 4:3. It's down to personal preference. When it comes down to me, I don't have great dexterity when it comes down to my fingers, so I cant make small adjustments with them, making a claw crip pointless. 

In FPS games, especially at a low sensitivity, you want your arm to do the movement, your wrist to do the main aiming and the slight movement in your fingers to do the precision. A palm grip has all of this and when controlling recoil, especially in CS:GO, it's the most consistent. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Claims palm grip to be the worst grip for fps.. Doesn't state source or any relevent articles that would prove his theory..

Just go with the grip that is most comfortable to you. Buy a couple of them and return them after you figured out which one you like. 

Well said sir, you deserve a cookie

How on earth do you get the answered and like even though Mikey and I said the same thing first lol.

Formerly TheFlurryGames

How on earth do you get the answered and like even though Mikey and I said the same thing first lol.

meh

I was looking for an arguement with the person about hid bold statement. People have claimed this bullshit on cs go r/ but they always got downvoted. People also went as far as to claim that claw grip helps people react faster than palm grip due to the mouse button activation being the top of the finger instead of the flat part of your finger. It was all bullocks and the person had no medical research to back it up.