Windows 2012 - non domain computers

Nem

I have windows 2012 set up with user accounts and shares. I have some computers, which for one reason or another, are not on the domain and I'd like to keep it that way (at least for now). The problem is that despite the shares being set up to basically allow all domain users and admins read/write access, I do not have permission to access it when I log in using one of my admin accounts. I'm thinking this might be because the computer isn't a part of the domain?

Are there any ways around this? In other words, how do you access a SMB share (which is shared to all admins and domain users), using an account that has admin privileges, from a computer that is not part of the domain?

When you access from a non-domain computer, are you signing in with a Domain admin account, or with a Local (to the server) admin account? You have to sign in to local accounts when accessing from non-domain computers. All Windows servers are capable of logging in either the Domain or Local credentials, and you can have an account with the same name in each on the same machine. The only exception is the DC server(s), which can ONLY use domain accounts - wouldn't want someone with local privileges messing up the domain by turning off services or anything else. For example, on my servers I see a profile for "Administrator" and a profile for "Administrator.(domain)" (yes, I am still using the default admin accounts, I know it's bad)

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: