FirePro CCC.exe using a lot of RAM

scottyseng

So in the past few days, I've been wondering what has been eating the RAM on my server, so I looked on command prompt and AMD's CCC.exe is eating a lot of RAM:

CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2695V3

Mobo: X10SRA

RAM: 2 x 16GB Crucial 2133MHz DDR4

GPU: AMD FirePro V7900

SSD: 240GB Sandisk Extreme Pro

LSI MegaRAID 9260CV-8i

Six 4TB WD Reds in RAID 10

Two 4TB WD RE SAS drives in RAID 0

PSU: 920W SuperMicro Platinum PSU

Any idea what's causing this? It is on the latest drivers. It didn't do this since I originally installed it. I haven't done anything with the server except create more network shares.

It steadily increases as the server stays on.

gQJ6O7b.png

Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing?

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing?

I did. I think I might go the hardcore route and use DDU to clear it out and then reinstall it. It's kind of bizarre it would do that though. It's at 4GB now...

I did. I think I might go the hardcore route and use DDU to clear it out and then reinstall it. It's kind of bizarre it would do that though. It's at 4GB now...

Likely a memory leak. Try DDU, it helped with a lot of issue I had.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Likely a memory leak. Try DDU, it helped with a lot of issue I had.

Trying it now. I thought DDU wasn't needed because I just reinstalled the same version.

Nice CPU. Always do full uninstall of AMD drivers before driver upgrades (and nvidia as well)

Thanks, it's my rendering server / NAS. The original Windows Server install had the latest driver (April 2015) so it's never been upgraded yet (FirePros only get driver updats ever other quarter it seems). Server's only 3 weeks old so far.

Trying it now. I thought DDU wasn't needed because I just reinstalled the same version.

Thanks, it's my rendering server / NAS. The original Windows Server install had the latest driver (April 2015) so it's never been upgraded yet (FirePros only get driver updats ever other quarter it seems). Server's only 3 weeks old so far.

For that purpose reinstalling is the same thing; I have had a few funky issues with display drivers when installed over even the same version of display drivers. Why the firepro in a NAS i have to ask? It cant transcode H.264 can it?

For that purpose reinstalling is the same thing; I have had a few funky issues with display drivers when installed over even the same version of display drivers. Why the firepro in a NAS i have to ask? It cant transcode H.264 can it?

Hmm, after the clean install, it seems Catalyst Control Center did not install (Driver installed, but no icon for catalyst anywhere). Going to redo DDU again / redo the install.

As for the FirePro, the Xeon E5 has no integrated graphics, so I needed some GPU for it. I also will work off of the server when my 2500K gets too slow. I do 3D modeling / blueprinting. I don't do video rendering.

Hmm, after the clean install, it seems Catalyst Control Center did not install (Driver installed, but no icon for catalyst anywhere). Going to redo DDU again / redo the install.

As for the FirePro, the Xeon E5 has no integrated graphics, so I needed some GPU for it. I also will work off of the server when my 2500K gets too slow. I do 3D modeling / blueprinting. I don't do video rendering.

Even for modelling i am surpised; At least with the software I work in (3ds Max, Cinema 4D, Occasionally Premiere/After Effects) CUDA just owns the competition.

Even for modelling i am surpised; At least with the software I work in (3ds Max, Cinema 4D, Occasionally Premiere/After Effects) CUDA just owns the competition.

Well, seems like Catalyst Control Center still isn't installing. I think I'll just leave it as is. As long as I have the FirePro Driver, I don't mind not having CCC.

I think CUDA is more for previewing / rendering right? I'm usually using CPU renders / bound by CPU performance for my applications. At the time, the FirePro V7900 was just cheaper / a really good value for the dollar. I think my next GPU upgrade will be a Quadro...though the new FirePros are pretty tempting too.

I use it occasionally for previewing modesl and texture work but I rarely model actually. Most of my work is in engine and code so only thing that matters is raw performance  :).

Fun fact there are applications out there that can go past 20gb of RAM Each! (Substance Painter, Substance Designer and Unreal Engine Editor are massive ram hogs :P). I managed to use over 50gbs of ram with 3 programs.