Where to buy ducky dk9008 shine 3?

SPG

So I'm looking for a cherry mx blue mechanical full keyboard with a green led backlight. Apparently I'm an incredibly niche market, and the only options I have found are the ducky dk9008 shine 2/3 and the razer ultimate (2013)
I can't for the life of me find a new ducky, no one sells them anymore, and I'm scared to buy a razer keyboard because everyone say's their products are junk. Is that just rabid fanboyism? or are they really bad? I don't want to waste $150 to find out the keyboard falls apart on me.

Any help would be appreciated

So I'm looking for a cherry mx blue mechanical full keyboard with a green led backlight. Apparently I'm an incredibly niche market, and the only options I have found are the ducky dk9008 shine 2/3 and the razer ultimate (2013)

I can't for the life of me find a new ducky, no one sells them anymore, and I'm scared to buy a razer keyboard because everyone say's their products are junk. Is that just rabid fanboyism? or are they really bad? I don't want to waste $150 to find out the keyboard falls apart on me.

Any help would be appreciated

You could just go with an RGB keyboard and set it to green.

You could just go with an RGB keyboard and set it to green.

that sounds like a colossal waste of money

plus the only rgb with blue switches im aware of is the k70, and those arent sold anymore

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

thats not rgb, or green

Yeah, they seem to be out of stock everywhere.

I don't like the razer quality, you might. You can go to a local best buy and try it out(if you have one near you).

Yeah, they seem to be out of stock everywhere.

I don't like the razer quality, you might. You can go to a local best buy and try it out(if you have one near you).

I tried typing on it, but only being able to press on the number pad didnt give me good judgment, I typed on a full logitech keyboard with mushy keys and a cherry mx red, but I have to have blues, they just feel so good to type with imo (cherry mx green feels nice too, I dont think its heavy)

I tried typing on it, but only being able to press on the number pad didnt give me good judgment, I typed on a full logitech keyboard with mushy keys and a cherry mx red, but I have to have blues, they just feel so good to type with imo (cherry mx green feels nice too, I dont think its heavy)

They didn't have the full keyboard on display?

I could look for MX Green keyboards... would that be okay or do you much prefer blues?

http://www.amazon.com/CM-Storm-QuickFire-TK-Mechanical/dp/B00EM7L600

d5bb2de39fb283dde792e34441ba30e3.png

They didn't have the full keyboard on display?

I could look for MX Green keyboards... would that be okay or do you much prefer blues?

nope, they only had it in a box where the 4 keys were out

and mx green would be fine, I found out that it takes 80g to type on my current keyboard, so I wouldnt notice much of a difference (i think?)

not a full keyboard, but it looks like its the best I'll find

thank you

Ducky is releasing the rgb shine 5 in September (next month) why not just wait for that? It's a full board, it's, Ducky, I'm 99% sure it will have a cherry blue version, since ducky always has one, so yeah... Why not just grab that?

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

These are you options I can see :

1. The Razer board - The switches will feel the same, it's just the build of the unit that may be displeasing. Plus synapse is annoying (software)

2. Go with that Cherry MX Green keyboard.

3. Kailh RGB keyboards are an option. Someone good like Thermaltake and their RGB keyboard isn't so bad.
4. Buy a white backlit keyboard, and put green LED covers. Not recommended, since it will cost like over 20 bucks to cover the whole keyboard with them.

5. If you know how to solder, you can switch out the LEDs.

6. As said by KaminKevCrew - Ducky Shine 5 RGB is glorious! (if you can afford that)

Good luck! :)

These are you options I can see :

1. The Razer board - The switches will feel the same, it's just the build of the unit that may be displeasing. Plus synapse is annoying (software)

2. Go with that Cherry MX Green keyboard.

3. Kailh RGB keyboards are an option. Someone good like Thermaltake and their RGB keyboard isn't so bad.

4. If you know how to solder, you can switch out the LEDs.

Good luck! :)

First off, kalih switches do not feel the same. They have a very inconsistent feel. Cherry mx greens aren't a bad idea, as they feel essentially the same, just heavier. But really, the OP should just wait and buy the shine 5 when it comes out, because it's literally everything they were looking for (other than the fact that it's rgb and not straight green leds...)

OP could also buy the green board, and just swap the springs out for ones with the same weight as blue Springs.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

First off, kalih switches do not feel the same. They have a very inconsistent feel. Cherry mx greens aren't a bad idea, as they feel essentially the same, just heavier. But really, the OP should just wait and buy the shine 5 when it comes out, because it's literally everything they were looking for (other than the fact that it's rgb and not straight green leds...)

OP could also buy the green board, and just swap the springs out for ones with the same weight as blue Springs.

Yeh Kailh switches can be inconsistent, but they're not that bad. I've had quite a few in house, and sometimes they can be better in terms of feel - because of the nature of their inconsistency lol :) I had one Kailh Blue keyboard that felt so good, with a really nice actuation force in comparison to my MX Blue Ducky Shine 3. But then again, of course some of the others weren't so good. But yeh, not recommended, just a consideration/option.

I'm unsure on whether OP would be willing to spend that much for the RGB Ducky. But if he can, it would be one heck of a purchase. Absolutely beautiful keyboard, with the glorious Ducky name (I want one for myself) :)

Yeh Kailh switches can be inconsistent, but they're not that bad. I've had quite a few in house, and sometimes they can be better in terms of feel - because of the nature of their inconsistency lol :) I had one Kailh Blue keyboard that felt so good, with a really nice actuation force in comparison to my MX Blue Ducky Shine 3. But then again, of course some of the others weren't so good. But yeh, not recommended, just a consideration/option.

I'm unsure on whether OP would be willing to spend that much for the RGB Ducky. But if he can, it would be one heck of a purchase. Absolutely beautiful keyboard, with the glorious Ducky name (I want one for myself) :)

Currently, from what I've been hearing, Gateron has been even better than cherry. My next board is actually going to be a custom built one, because I've never quite been happy with pre built ones.

Hey! New SIgnature!