battery plugged in for long times

hello.

i have had my laptop for sometime now, i am currently in the process of fixing my desktop and i have my laptop as my main pc, is it bad if i keep it plugged in for long periods of time while i am working, gaming or watching a movie on it?

hello.

i have had my laptop for sometime now, i am currently in the process of fixing my desktop and i have my laptop as my main pc, is it bad if i keep it plugged in for long periods of time while i am working, gaming or watching a movie on it?

should be fine, as long as its isn't plugged in for months at a time, without any discharges 

hello.

That's not a problem really, especially if your doing intensive tasks that would drain battery a lot, only thing is to not have it always plugged in like when or asleep or doing nothing overnight at full battery since trickle charging if it's a li-po or li-ion battery isn't as good for it long term IIRC.

The battery in your laptop has an overcharge protection circuit in there that stops it from exploding, basically. All laptop batteries have them. My old man has a laptop that worked 7 years without being unplugged once, and the battery still holds a fair bit of charge.

Depends, most newer laptops (past 10 years or so) should be fine. Older models though had issues with overcharging when left plugged in for too long, which caused battery swelling and whatnot. Back in the days when the white plastic MacBook was still a big thing.

"Rawr XD"

should be fine, as long as its isn't plugged in for months at a time, without any discharges 

One of my laptops is plugged in for years (at least 5) and battery still is in very good condition with no more than 25% wear... 

English is not my maternal language, so don't mind my mistakes... 

One of my laptops is plugged in for years (at least 5) and battery still is in very good condition with no more than 25% wear... 

same with my dads, i still don't recommend it, but its probably fine.

ideally you if you are not going to use the battery life, charge it for about 55~60% then unplug the battery.

some laptops (like lenovo) allows you to only charge your battery till about 55~60% and still have the ac plugged in (battery will not charge more than that).

Yeah, we're all just a bunch of idiots experiencing nothing more than the placebo effect.