Which 980 Ti model to get?

GER_T4IGA

My birthday is on october 5th. Money is not a problem (btu a titan is just a waste to me) therefore I am looking at different custom designs of the 980 Ti.

I currently have a MSI 770 TWINFROZR.

I am not a fanboy of a particular brand . I am just looking for best performance paired with best cooling.

My current card is in games at max RPM all the time to keep it below 70 as I desire.

So what I am looking for is probably more like the quietest 980 Ti instead of the best performing since they are probably all pretty similar in perf... but also doesn't cooler temps mean more clock speed with GPUBoost 2.0? I am just not sure since I am rocking GPUBoost 1 still.

If had a glance at the 980 ti Hybrid from EVGA but I am not sure if it is worth it. Is it really that quiet, nothing like the pump noise the Fury X has? Are the super cool temps e,g Jayztwocents gets resulting inbetter performance(he said 50°C under load). I just ... can'T write everything down but I hope I expressed my concerns wishes and thoughs precisely enough that you guys can help me.

What model would you reccommend? How many and whoch models are there? -Seems to be only a few different ones :/ (?!) Why that card and maybe some benchmarks?(haven't found any good comparison of multiple models yet.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

Gigabyte G1 Gaming is great. Beats Titan X in games. Also it's a great overclocker.

EDIT: There's also a MSI Lightning 980Ti Tri-Frozr cooler coming, some pictures were released recently, it might be silly expensive though.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

i heard the gigabyte G1 is pretty cool -winkwink-

Gigabyte G1 Gaming is great. Beats Titan X in games. Also it's a great overclocker.

EDIT: There's also a MSI Lightning 980Ti Tri-Frozr cooler coming, some pictures were released recently, it might be silly expensive though.

Is it quiet? OP said they want the quietest one not the most powerful.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

Money is not a problem, get 4 K1NGP1N 980Ti's.

Sooo... why did you made this thread????

92a.jpg

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Two reference 980 Ti's will probably run you about the same as a Titan X cost. If money's really not an issue, it'll work.

How is that an answer to my question?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                

Is it quiet? OP said they want the quietest one not the most powerful.

well, if i recall the G1 cooler is capable of 600 watts TDP, which means the cooler will never really have issues with cooling the card, ending up with a silent card.

The Gigabyte one is shit, when will people stop praising it.

The Gigabyte one is a tornado compared to my MSI 6G

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Money is not a problem, get 4 K1NGP1N 980Ti's.

Sooo... why did you made this thread???

kok, kingpins are on my list of "what not to trow your money out the window for".

3.Use

kok, kingpins are on my list of "what not to trow your money out the window for".

You said MONEY IS NOT A PROBLEM

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

The Gigabyte one is shit, when will people stop praising it.

The Gigabyte one is a tornado compared to my MSI 6G

I know Gigabyte cards seem to always have coil wine which would annoy me.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

It's heavy, loud, coilwhine and long.

And no it's not a great overclocker, my MSI 980Ti can reach 1490Mhz-1510Mhz without any voltage

K1NGP1N will propably reach +1600Mhz but that translates to 1FPS.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

well, if i recall the G1 cooler is capable of 600 watts TDP, which means the cooler will never really have issues with cooling the card, ending up with a silent card.

Well if the cooler is at more tahn 20 Sone at 100% speed it won't be cooling quietly at 50 or 33 percent either. (look at the r9 290 reference cooler)

I have also heard the G1 overclocks good.

3.Use

if money is not a problem, that doesnt mean you need to be senseless with throwing cash around.

Gosh darnit. Money is not the issue but I don't wan to spend ridiculous amounts. I consider anything above 800€ ridiculous and anything above 750 without an obvious justification as well. Is that an exceptable rephrased version?

3.Use

if money is not a problem, that doesnt mean you need to be senseless with throwing cash around.

thank you. thats what I mean in short form.

3.Use

How is 4-WAY 980Ti "trowing cash around" when people spend 50.000$ on cars?

Building the world best PC is very cheap compared to other things.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Don't worry, the fan noise drowns it out. OP, don't get the G1 if you are looking for silent.

Source: I have one, it's loud when fans get about 70%

because theres different levels of "money is not a problem"

i think OP was on about "the price difference between the different 980Ti cards wont be an issue, but i'd preferably not spend wads of cash on something i'll regret"

I would get 2x EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Superclocked+ ACX 2.0+ in SLI -- a single one runs better than a Titan X. For much less price. I ordered them, still waiting for them to arrive! As you said, Titan X's are a waste.

Hope I could help

Spoiler

Everyday build:

CPU: Intel Core i7 5960x - GPU(s): 2x EVGA GTX 980 Ti Superclocked+ ACX2.0+ (SLI) - Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth X99 - RAM: 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury Black DDR4 4x8GB (2666MHz) - Storage: Intel 750 Series 1.2TB + 4TB WD Black - Case: Corsair 760T White - PSU: SeaSonic 1200W 80+ Platinum Certified - OS: Windows 10 Pro - Wireless Adapter: TP-Link Archer T9E - Monitor: Acer XB270HU bprz - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB - Mouse(s): Corsair Gaming M65 RGB + Logitech MX Master - Headphones: Sennheiser PC363D

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/WhyK99 https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/474247-r8-my-build/

Weekend build:

CPU: Intel Core i7 5930k - GPU(s): 2x EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified ACX2.0+ (SLI) - Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 - Motherboard: ASUS X99-Deluxe - RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 4x8GB (2666MHz) - Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB m.2 & 2TB Samsung 850 Evo - Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv - PSU: SeaSonic SnowSilent 1050W 80+ Platinum Certified - OS: Windows 10 Home - Monitor: Dell S2716DG 144hz - Keyboard: Corsair STRAFE RGB - Mouse: Corsair Gaming M65 RGB - Headphones: Sennheiser PC363D

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YYK93C

I would get 2x EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Superclocked+ ACX 2.0+ in SLI -- a single one runs better than a Titan X. For much less price. I ordered them, still waiting for them to arrive! As you said, Titan X's are a waste.

Hope I could help

Lol do they even have custom PCB?

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

that comparison is not functioning. it has to be compared to buying the stuff in the 150k plus range(in terms of cars) if you don't get what is wrong about your analogy let someone else explain it cuase I am getting tired of it.

3.Use

Don't worry, the fan noise drowns it out. OP, don't get the G1 if you are looking for silent.

Source: I have one, it's loud when fans get about 70%

When do you reach 70% fan speed? What are your in-game temps when at 70 fan speed?

3.Use

because theres different levels of "money is not a problem"

i think OP was on about "the price difference between the different 980Ti cards wont be an issue, but i'd preferably not spend wads of cash on something i'll regret"

Can I hire you to constantly explain my statements if these debates come up?

3.Use

Hope I could help

I want to buy exactly ONE CARD, EXACTLY ONE. Not two, not three, not four, sorry that it hit you but I just want to clear this up for everybody.

3.Use