Problem with the sound volume

ThomasMiz

here's the story:

this happened months ago but it stills bothers me.

"gosh i need an antivirus what do i do"

*install avast*

(next day)

"avast sucks let's uninstall it"

(next day)

windows wouldn't start..... did you really have to erase windows files, avast? WHY YOU DO DIS?!

and i had to get a fresh new copy of windows and install it. Reinstalled all (or most) of the drivers and now my Asus is working once again.

but i have this problem at least three times a day:

i open a video/sound file or play a youtube video and the volume simply goes 101%. Acording to the volume mixer, it's at 30%, where i left it. but when i change the volume to 29% it changes again from 101% to 29% so i have to 1 every 3 times i open a video go, turn the volume to 29% and back to 30%. WHY ;_;

Acording to Asus Support, after 5 days of waiting they told me to reinstall EVERYTHING. imagine erasing EVERYTHING you have stored and then reinstalling everything, just -- just no. So I asked for a more logic solution. I wasnt typing for 5 minutes, but searching the mail. it was so long ago it isnt in my "sent" or "deleted" anymore. thanks for the great support, Asus.

My computer is an Asus G750JW and the Realtek driver is installed. and that's all. without the driver it doesnt happen but speakers dont work (properly) and with driver "this".

So i just had the idea of posting it in here, maybe one of you knows what i should do!

Thanks!

here's the story:

this happened months ago but it stills bothers me.

"gosh i need an antivirus what do i do"

*install avast*

(next day)

"avast sucks let's uninstall it"

(next day)

windows wouldn't start..... did you really have to erase windows files, avast? WHY YOU DO DIS?!

and i had to get a fresh new copy of windows and install it. Reinstalled all (or most) of the drivers and now my Asus is working once again.

but i have this problem at least three times a day:

i open a video/sound file or play a youtube video and the volume simply goes 101%. Acording to the volume mixer, it's at 30%, where i left it. but when i change the volume to 29% it changes again from 101% to 29% so i have to 1 every 3 times i open a video go, turn the volume to 29% and back to 30%. WHY ;_;

Acording to Asus Support, after 5 days of waiting they told me to reinstall EVERYTHING. imagine erasing EVERYTHING you have stored and then reinstalling everything, just -- just no. So I asked for a more logic solution. I wasnt typing for 5 minutes, but searching the mail. it was so long ago it isnt in my "sent" or "deleted" anymore. thanks for the great support, Asus.

My computer is an Asus G750JW and the Realtek driver is installed. and that's all. without the driver it doesnt happen but speakers dont work (properly) and with driver "this".

So i just had the idea of posting it in here, maybe one of you knows what i should do!

Thanks!

What OS are you running? We can do a repair install that will keep programs and documents, but replace and fix any broken Windows' components.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

What OS are you running? We can do a repair install that will keep programs and documents, but replace and fix any broken Windows' components.

Windows 8.1, what if i only reinstall  the driver?

Windows 8.1, what if i only reinstall  the driver?

Well, have you tried to do so? Does it still happen?

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.