New All Around Mouse

Roman_Noodles5

Just in the market for an all around mouse that fits my needs!

I've been deciding between the Logitech G502 and Mionix Naos 7000 because they are both optical and are pretty ergonomic. I'll be mainly using this for CS:GO, Insurgency, L4D2, etc. and also for just browsing the web. I've heard that the G502 is a little too heavy for CS:GO even with all the weights removed at 121 grams, but the Naos 7000 is about 104 grams which is really close to my current mouse (DeathAdder 2012 about 103 grams I think). So do you guys think that if I go for the G502 the weight will be hard to get used to and play with? Or should I go with the lighter Naos 7000 that is really close to the DeathAdder?

Also, I have tried the G502 a little bit, but it was tied down at the store so i could only move it about 4 inches each way, so I couldnt really get a feel for it.

I know this is mostly personal preference but I dont have any way to try the Naos 7000 or G502 without it being restricted, so your opinions would be appreciated!  

With the Mionix, it is designed for claw grippers with large hands. It is also RGB if you want that.

Feature wise the G502 will have the better sensor. The sensor also has no acceleration and you can ignore the high dpi since you won't be going over 7000 most likely. The G502 does use a dual sensor for surface calibration though.

Not sure if Mionix lets you dpi shift for sniping but the G502 has a well placed sniper button if you have medium to small hands. It also has more buttons and G Shift to almost double the keybinds so it is a great mouse for mmos as well. When it comes down to comfort, your choice might be a gamble.

I would personally get the G502 due to it's features (not into rgb) and the fact that it is similar sized compared to a deathadder ( the Mionix is a mammoth apparently).

Edit: I just checked out the Mionix, the right hand side will get in the way most likely if you do not use a palm grip, otherwise it's a good alternative to a G502. Also people with large hands have comfort issues with the G502 over prolonged times and it is worse if they are a palm gripper.

TL;DR: get the Mionix if you have mid-large hands and if you use a palm grip.

What grip type do you have and what size is your hands?  Look at the mouse guide link in my sig to find out!

EDIT: Follow your topic!

Currently roaming the forums in boredom

I like mice and keyboards and the sort

Formerly TheFlurryGames

Sorry for not being on the last couple days, I was really busy. I have a palm grip with medium sized hands if that helps (From 1st bracelet to edge of middle finger is 7.5 inches).

I think you might like the Mionix in this case. For the G502, I find it to be perfect however, my hands can wrap around the entire mouse with any grip style (palm style I can't do for long though) due to my mid-small hands.

Tl;dr: Unless your hands can grip the G502 on both sides of the mouse comfortably, the Mionix may be more better ergonomically. Keep in mind that most people that use the G502 are claw or fingertip grippers. The Mionix is built for palm gripping specifically.

I personally have a mouse shaped like the Mionix and all I can say about it is unless you are a heavy palm gripper, it will not be comfortable. As you are a palm gripper with medium hands, your last two fingers may float mid air with the G502 so I think you will like the Mionix. It would be great if you could try it out before purchasing though since you already tried the G502.

You may want to look at video reviews or images of the Mionix to see how your hand would fit approximately to determine whether or not your hands would sit on it perfectly as it is a mouse that seems to be built for your grip style and hands.

I think you might like the Mionix in this case. For the G502, I find it to be perfect however, my hands can wrap around the entire mouse with any grip style (palm style I can't do for long though) due to my mid-small hands.

Tl;dr: Unless your hands can grip the G502 on both sides of the mouse comfortably, the Mionix may be more better ergonomically. Keep in mind that most people that use the G502 are claw or fingertip grippers. The Mionix is built for palm gripping specifically.

I personally have a mouse shaped like the Mionix and all I can say about it is unless you are a heavy palm gripper, it will not be comfortable. As you are a palm gripper with medium hands, your last two fingers may float mid air with the G502 so I think you will like the Mionix. It would be great if you could try it out before purchasing though since you already tried the G502.

You may want to look at video reviews or images of the Mionix to see how your hand would fit approximately to determine whether or not your hands would sit on it perfectly as it is a mouse that seems to be built for your grip style and hands.

With my deathadder right now, my ring and pinky finger kind of rest on the edge and the fingertips end up gliding across the mousepad. My friend is letting me borrow his G502 for a couple days to see how I like it, and if I dont end up liking it, I'm just gonna risk it and go for the Mionix. Thanks for the input!