Secondary HTPC/Moderate Gaming Computer

Greetings everyone! I want to build another Computer for my house, one that can hold media such as DVDs and blu-rays, but also be able to be used when friends come over so we can play games. Now I already have a significant pile of parts lying around, and i could build most of a rig with them, but the question is, Should I?

Here is what I Have Lying around

1 Gigabyte GA-78LMT USB3 (rev6.0) AM3+ Motherboard

1 AMD FX-6300 processor

1 XFX HD 7970 non ghz edition GPU

1 EVGA 650 ti boost GPU 

1 MSI 660 ti Power edition GPU

1 Cooler master hyper 212 plus air cooler

1 Cooler master seidon 120v 120mm rad water cooler

1 Thermaltake 600W PSU

Now At the bare minimum, I need Ram, Storage, and a Case. I know I have to buy these, but I'm not sure what would be best. And If you think that I should get different parts than the ones I already have, I don't really want to spend any more money than what I can make by selling these parts. I'm not looking for the most Powerful, Or the most efficient machine, I am just looking for a nice PC that can run relatively demanding games like The Crew and GTA V perhaps, as well as games like War Thunder, Minecraft FTB Editon, and maybe host a minecraft FTB server. Any constructive ideas are welcome. Thank you for your assistance.

Just get 8gbs of ram, a decent size SSD for the games and a 1tb HDD for media. For the case maybe a NZXT Source 210?

( p.s. Just send me that 650ti K Thx ( jk ) )

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Get 8GBs of RAM, a big ass SSD or an SSHD for the speed and capacity and then a case like ermmmm, errrrmm, I'll leave that to you 

Core2 Quad Q9400 @ 3.00GHz ✦  8GB Corsair RAM ✦Asus P5G41Tm - Lx3 ✦ Sapphire R9 270 Dual-X ✦ WD Caviar Green 640 GB ✦ Seagate Barracuda 160GB ✦ Fractal Design Define R5 ✦ 1Life ps:jet 700W ✦  

Lenovo Y520 - GTX1050Ti - i77700k - 250GB Samsung M.2 NVME SSD  :D 

Just get 8gbs of ram, a decent size SSD for the games and a 1tb HDD for media. For the case maybe a NZXT Source 210?

( p.s. Just send me that 650ti K Thx ( jk ) )

Didn't think about the SSD, mainly for costs, but I'll definitely get one for the OS, and maybe put a game or two on there. Think 1TB will be enough space? And thanks for the case suggestion, I've been looking for cases, but never saw the source 210, and its quite literally everything i want from a case. Side fans, front intakes, top mounted water cooling support and rear exhaust fan options, just what i need to keep the 6300 cool.

do not mix AMD and Nvidia GPUs in the same system. It will leave you with a massive driver mess. Chose one or the other then stick to that.

use the Seidon with the FX, then slap a Noctua fan on there for more silent operation.

do not mix AMD and Nvidia GPUs in the same system. It will leave you with a massive driver mess. Chose one or the other then stick to that.

use the Seidon with the FX, then slap a Noctua fan on there for more silent operation.

Wasn't planning on mixing them, luckily I'm not that much of a scrub. I was just listing all the GPUS i had available.

Wasn't planning on mixing them, luckily I'm not that much of a scrub. I was just listing all the GPUS i had available.

The 7970 will have the best performance, but the 650Ti should be the quietest... so depending on where you gonna put the PC, you may want to consider noise over performance

Didn't think about the SSD, mainly for costs, but I'll definitely get one for the OS, and maybe put a game or two on there. Think 1TB will be enough space? And thanks for the case suggestion, I've been looking for cases, but never saw the source 210, and its quite literally everything i want from a case. Side fans, front intakes, top mounted water cooling support and rear exhaust fan options, just what i need to keep the 6300 cool.

In that case a 120gb Samsung 850 Evo should do. All seriousness if I literally didn't order my 750ti a few hours ago I'd buy your 650Ti

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

People mix AMD and Nvidia all the time. They also mix AMD and Intel all the time. There wouldn't be any issues.

People mix AMD and Nvidia all the time. They also mix AMD and Intel all the time. There wouldn't be any issues.

I think hes talking about the GPUs. I think i screwed up geforce experience on my rig by installing an r9 290x into it to test it. though Linsu did do  that ultimate distributed build that had ATI and Nvidia Gpus, but i dont think they recommended it.

I think hes talking about the GPUs. I think i screwed up geforce experience on my rig by installing an r9 290x into it to test it. though Linsu did do  that ultimate distributed build that had ATI and Nvidia Gpus, but i dont think they recommended it.

That's because when installing a GPU of a different brand or a GPU a few generations old you are supposed to ( it's recommended ) to do a fresh install of windows.

That's because when installing a GPU of a different brand or a GPU a few generations old you are supposed to ( it's recommended ) to do a fresh install of windows.

At least next time I'm putting something in my computer, Itll be an all new processor, ram and motherboard.waiting for 2016, and hoping that AMD's zen will be good, if not, might jsut go for intel.