Any reason for a drastic drop in hdtune?

johnkubik

In realtime use, you won't notice any difference. 

That has something to do with the software imo.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

~snip~

Hey there johnkubik,

I would get a diagnostic utility from the manufacturer of the drive and check the health of the drive to see if it has an actual problem or this is a  software glitch. Do try benchmarking the drive on other SATA ports with other SATA cables and possibly on another computer to see if these results persist or not. Contacting the manufacturer's support for advice is also a good idea. :)

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

Hey there johnkubik,

I would get a diagnostic utility from the manufacturer of the drive and check the health of the drive to see if it has an actual problem or this is a  software glitch. Do try benchmarking the drive on other SATA ports with other SATA cables and possibly on another computer to see if these results persist or not. Contacting the manufacturer's support for advice is also a good idea. :)

Captain_WD.

I grabbed the crucial management software and the SMART was good all around. I think is is because I had data on the drive, and the read speads were affected because it had to read past the data.

Makes sense because the amount of data lines up with the amount of slowed down data space.

Thanks!

I grabbed the crucial management software and the SMART was good all around. I think is is because I had data on the drive, and the read speads were affected because it had to read past the data.

Makes sense because the amount of data lines up with the amount of slowed down data space.

Thanks!

This could indeed be the case. :) If you are not feeling any particular drawbacks on the performance, I wouldn't worry about his since the drive passes the diagnostic tests. 

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/