Asus Xonar DX Mic only working in rear port

itachipirate

I plug my mic into my rear port and it gets detected, doesn't pick up any sound though. It works fine in the front. I've already tried switching the "Front Panel Mic" option. If anyone can help me solve this I'd really appreciate it, I want my mic plugged into the back of my computer. It's plugged into the SPDIF out/Mic in jack in this diagram.

asus_xonar_dx_03.jpg

I'm using the latest version UNI Xonar drivers and Windows 10 pro

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

Does it have a toggle off in the proprietary drivers for the front panel jacks? Like some realtek audio shit of sorts? 

I generally look there first if theres an issue with a connection

Does it have a toggle off in the proprietary drivers for the front panel jacks? Like some realtek audio shit of sorts? 

I generally look there first if theres an issue with a connection

I turned off the "Front Panel Microphone" option if that's what you mean

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

How about the headphones? Do they work fine from both? And the million dollar question, is the HD-Audio/AC'97 cable leading from the front of your case connected to the Xonar or to the motherboard?

How about the headphones? Do they work fine from both? And the million dollar question, is the HD-Audio/AC'97 cable leading from the front of your case connected to the Xonar or to the motherboard?

The microphone works from the front panel, so yes it is connected. The headphones work fine from either the front or rear port. I've reinstalled my drivers 3 times already, Asus makes some shit drivers and they take their time updating. Trying to install official drivers leaves me with "Platform not support" real classy Asus

The microphone works from the front panel, so yes it is connected. The headphones work fine from either the front or rear port. I've reinstalled my drivers 3 times already, Asus makes some shit drivers and they take their time updating. Trying to install official drivers leaves me with "Platform not support" real classy Asus

ugh. Got confused. The title says it only works from back. But the real problem is that I need sleep and that blinking gif is really getting to me. :/

ugh. Got confused. The title says it only works from back. But the real problem is that I need sleep and that blinking gif is really getting to me. :/

Haha :D sorry