Monitor Choice

PeggersXtreme

Hi,

So I am in need of a new monitor I originally pre-order the Acer X34 but as it has been delayed twice now I decided to cancel my order and consider different screens now I look at it the Acer x34 is really ugly and the glossy plastic makes it a no go as I hate glossy piano black plastic.

So the new choices are:

the LG 34UC87

the Asus PG278Q however I heard it's almost impossible to get one without issues

and the Acer S277HK 4K

My specs might be of help so:

i7 5960X

Titan X SLI

64gb 2400mhz DDR4

I will be using for content creation (Video Editing and Photo Editing), gaming, YouTube, web searching and all those other basic computer tasks.

I might add I am currently using a HP 1050p screen which is TN but it's on it's last legs so wont last much longer + it was fine for my old rig with a GTX 770 but with Titan X SLI I think I am wasting their potential.

Cheers

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

Asus will reveal their version of a gsync 3440x1440 screen in a few months, i think its not glossy bezel.

Acer z35 - 35inch, VA, 2560x1080, 144hz + gsync?

Might be awesome when you use 5120x2160 DSR for games to make to look closer to 1440p sharpness.

But if you use a TN screen with that system, you might as well throw out that pc.

Here THE list you should take a look at:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/410994-list-of-all-ipsva-gsyncfreesync-monitors/

I might have to drop gsync then and go ips not a lot of ips gsync monitors around

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

If you can wait for the Asus PG279Q 27" 4ms, 144hz rumored that it might be higher, IPS, and G-sync I would. I mean it depends on if you do a lot of gaming like 80% more then the other stuff you mentioned. Its hard being stuck at 60hz when your titans are screaming to give you more. But if you do light gaming and the major load is content creation (Video Editing and Photo Editing) then I would go the LG 34UC87 rout.  Also Yes the Swift is a hit or miss but if you get a working one damn are they nice for gaming.  

i7 5820k, Asus Deluxe x99 3.1 board, 2 Strix980tis Sli, Intel 480gb SSD, 4T WD Black, Asus PG278Q, Acer xb271hu, UpDesk!