~50 Dollar Headphones

BlazingGunnerFTW

Hi, I'm a person. And I need headphones.

1 dollar earbuds from radioshack dont cut it, so I am just looking for new cans.

I will typically use them for music, videos and gaming. I dont need "gaming" branded crap, just need them to sound good, and not sound like muffled farts that have highs that sound like you step on someones foot with a steel boot.

No fanboyism please!!!!

And I have been looking at the panasonic rp htx7 for awhile, so anyone with experience with using them, let me know.

Thank you.

I thought I had some money... Oh wait... I spent it all ;(

I have a pair of Superlux HD 681 EVOs and they sound amazing.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

How about these?

I used to own them (and broke them from my own stupidity :/ ) and they sounded great. Just be a bit careful with them  :lol:

EDIT: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sony-MDRV55-BR-DJ-Style-Headphones-Black-Red/21804233 link to buy them if in USA

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

People are gonna fanboy and hate because of the brand name, but the Turtle Beach x12s have really REALLY good sound quality. There's a bass boost dial, built in amp, and very clear and sensitive (Sometimes a little too sensitive) microphone. I had a pair of these for 4 years and they were great. The build quality isn't AMAZING but if you take good care of your things these should be fine

http://www.amazon.com/Gaming-Headset-Amplified-Stereo-Xbox-360/dp/B005EQE0YM

http://www.head-fi.org/products/turtle-beach-earforce-x12

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

I have a pair of Superlux HD 681 EVOs and they sound amazing.

Ok. They have great reviews. If you wouldn't mind could u have give me a like a descriptive taste of how they sound.

Please and thanks.

Ok. They have great reviews. If you wouldn't mind could u have give me a like a descriptive taste of how they sound.

Please and thanks.

very flat. nice sparkling highs, clear mids, punchy, accurate bass. they're designed to have a studio monitor like sound stage.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

very flat. nice sparkling highs, clear mids, punchy, accurate bass. they're designed to have a studio monitor like sound stage.

I will do some more research and I will get back to you.

Hi, I'm a person.

Nice try, robot scum.

I was going to suggest the Sony extra bass headphones but it seems you want something with a more varied sound profile.

I'm actually looking for 50€ headphones for my mom; the Beyerdynamic DT 235 got really good reviews on different sites so those are the headphones im going to buy her. 

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

Nice try, robot scum.

I was going to suggest the Sony extra bass headphones but it seems you want something with a more varied sound profile.

I am not picky. But the very specifics will drive me insane.  I really do like extremely punchy bass, and what pissed me off when  highs are just way to insane and they almost hurt almost as my brother screaming. I actually might get those. please tell me more!

BTW, I has feelings :(

I am not picky. But the very specifics will drive me insane.  I really do like extremely punchy bass, and what pissed me off when  highs are just way to insane and they almost hurt almost as my brother screaming. I actually might get those. please tell me more!

BTW, I has feelings :(

Hmm... maybe not. I have the Sony XB500 headphones that I got a few years ago on Amazon for $53. For some reason the price has skyrocketed on Amazon now, and well... see for yourself: http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-XB500-Diaphragm-Driver-Headphones/dp/B001RB24S2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1440642500&sr=8-1&keywords=sony+XB500

I don't know if I got a killer deal or if these are somehow different from what I have even though the model number and appearance are identical. I just figured they would still be $53 or less. Maybe they were a sleeper and the price went up now that they are discontinued. 

If you can somehow find them for cheap though, here is my review: The headphones do exactly what they advertise, deliver powerful bass with squishy earpads. I always thought that the bass kind of drowned out the rest of the range, but the Amazon reviewers seem to think otherwise. The headphones feel cheaply made but they have held up and are in almost perfect condition. I don't use them heavily though, I'm primarily a speakers guy. I bought them in college so I could play games while my roommate was asleep. Also, they kind of squish your head if you wear them for a while, but my head is huge so it might just be me.

Hmm... maybe not. I have the Sony XB500 headphones that I got a few years ago on Amazon for $53. For some reason the price has skyrocketed on Amazon now, and well... see for yourself: http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-XB500-Diaphragm-Driver-Headphones/dp/B001RB24S2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1440642500&sr=8-1&keywords=sony+XB500

I don't know if I got a killer deal or if these are somehow different from what I have even though the model number and appearance are identical. I just figured they would still be $53 or less. Maybe they were a sleeper and the price went up now that they are discontinued.

If you can somehow find them for cheap though, here is my review: The headphones do exactly what they advertise, deliver powerful bass with squishy earpads. I always thought that the bass kind of drowned out the rest of the range, but the Amazon reviewers seem to think otherwise. The headphones feel cheaply made but they have held up and are in almost perfect condition. I don't use them heavily though, I'm primarily a speakers guy. I bought them in college so I could play games while my roommate was asleep. Also, they kind of squish your head if you wear them for a while, but my head is huge so it might just be me.

I'm pretty sure you got a closeout deal. Those are no longer produced (neither are their bigger brothers, the xb700 and the xb1000, the latter of which I own.) they are still some of the best bass head headphones ever made, which is why they are so desirable, and therefore expensive. The 500, from what I've heard had rather sloppy bass that liked to bleed into the mids (make no mistake though, you got a killer deal for how much you paid for yours.) and the treble was nothing special. The xb700, for most people were kind of the sweet spot, without paying too much. Then the xb1000 did everything better, but the price gap was larger than justified for the improvement and they were even bigger than the already huge xb700. (I got my xb1000 for about $300 us in Japan.)

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

I have the Superlux HD 681 EVO as well. It has a burn-in period for a while, but once the drivers break in, you get a pretty flat response curve, with an nice bit of bass. Not as boomy as most gaming headsets, but it does sound a lot more clear. Also, semi-open headphones. Sometimes when I listen to YouTube videos were someone is speaking, it sounds like they are next to me in the room. Creepy, but the same applies to certain music, you will be able to tell where sound is coming from better.

Laptop: Intel Core i5-4200H, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce 840M

Desktop: Intel Core i3-6100, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce GTX 750 Ti

I'm pretty sure you got a closeout deal. Those are no longer produced (neither are their bigger brothers, the xb700 and the xb1000, the latter of which I own.) they are still some of the best bass head headphones ever made, which is why they are so desirable, and therefore expensive. The 500, from what I've heard had rather sloppy bass that liked to bleed into the mids (make no mistake though, you got a killer deal for how much you paid for yours.) and the treble was nothing special. The xb700, for most people were kind of the sweet spot, without paying too much. Then the xb1000 did everything better, but the price gap was larger than justified for the improvement and they were even bigger than the already huge xb700. (I got my xb1000 for about $300 us in Japan.)

Cool, guess I lucked out. I have to say, for how cheap they feel they still appear to be in perfect condition after a few years. I don't use them much but I did travel with them a fair bit, which involved squishing them into a backpack that was already filled to the brim with my 17" laptop.

People are gonna fanboy and hate because of the brand name, but the Turtle Beach x12s have really REALLY good sound quality. There's a bass boost dial, built in amp, and very clear and sensitive (Sometimes a little too sensitive) microphone. I had a pair of these for 4 years and they were great. The build quality isn't AMAZING but if you take good care of your things these should be fine

http://www.amazon.com/Gaming-Headset-Amplified-Stereo-Xbox-360/dp/B005EQE0YM

http://www.head-fi.org/products/turtle-beach-earforce-x12

How do you know they have good sound quality, what have you compared them to?

Hi, I'm a person. And I need headphones.

1 dollar earbuds from radioshack dont cut it, so I am just looking for new cans.

I will typically use them for music, videos and gaming. I dont need "gaming" branded crap, just need them to sound good, and not sound like muffled farts that have highs that sound like you step on someones foot with a steel boot.

No fanboyism please!!!!

And I have been looking at the panasonic rp htx7 for awhile, so anyone with experience with using them, let me know.

Thank you.

I haven't heard those pans, but I do have the HTF 600s which are excellent for the price. Only problem is their poor build quality, if you take care of them it should not be much of a problem.  They are very musical and are not one of those hate or love it headphones. If you wanted a fun and lush sound they are the pair to go after in that price range.

How do you know they have good sound quality, what have you compared them to?

I thought they sounded good. If you want more information, or are just looking for someone to argue with, look at the link I posted with HeadFi reviews. Or just go look around online

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

I thought they sounded good. If you want more information, or are just looking for someone to argue with, look at the link I posted with HeadFi reviews. Or just go look around online

If they're the best you've heard, of course you'll think they sounded good. That doesn't mean that they are good.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

If they're the best you've heard, of course you'll think they sounded good. That doesn't mean that they are good.

Look for someone else to argue with

Look for someone else to argue with

I'm not *really* trying to argue with you. I'm trying to tell you why others are saying that the turtle beaches arentt good, and why we are saying that OP shouldn't get them. You're entitled to your opinion, but don't post here if you aren't willing to argue for your suggestion. That doesn't help anyone.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm not *really* trying to argue with you. I'm trying to tell you why others are saying that the turtle beaches arentt good, and why we are saying that OP shouldn't get them. You're entitled to your opinion, but don't post here if you aren't willing to argue for your suggestion. That doesn't help anyone.

My argument for my suggestion is that I liked them a lot, and they lasted me 4 years. I enjoyed the sound quality and they were a very good value. I play bass gutiar, I like a lot of bass, I've used studio headphones before with very nice amps. Others audiophiles around the internet agree that these specific Turtle Beach headphones have good audio quality for an amazing value

My argument for my suggestion is that I liked them a lot, and they lasted me 4 years. I enjoyed the sound quality and they were a very good value. I play bass gutiar, I like a lot of bass, I've used studio headphones before with very nice amps. Others audiophiles around the internet agree that these specific Turtle Beach headphones have good audio quality for an amazing value

Thanks! I appreciate the perspective. I've never had the opportunity to listen to a pair of turtle beaches before. I may try these ones at some point then :)

Hey! New SIgnature! 

Thanks! I appreciate the perspective. I've never had the opportunity to listen to a pair of turtle beaches before. I may try these ones at some point then :)

Sorry, I though you were just trying to mindlessly argue with someone haha. I think I'm just being irritable

Sorry, I though you were just trying to mindlessly argue with someone haha. I think I'm just being irritable

No worries! I really like to hear people's opinions on things, I just don't like it when people make statements without backing them up, so I ask about it :) (sometimes rudely, but hey, this is the ltt audio sub after all)

Hey! New SIgnature! 

Well I don't care about if it drowns out the mids and highs, as im weird like that. I will go look for them and see what i can scavenge.