Drivers Crashing Almost Instantly

Hey guys!

Everything started one year ago, when I still used Win8.1 Pro. Things were good. Games ran absolutely fine and buttery smooth. I had ZERO issues. Then, one day, I was playing some random game and my PC froze and the screen turned black. Well, it didn't actually freeze because I could still hear my friends talking but I couldn't see anything. After 6-10 seconds of black screen it would turn to a random color (pink, blue, green...) and there was nothing I could do. Actually, mashing CTRL+ALT+DEL would fix it sometimes but it wasn't that common. By doing that I would see my screen again and on the bottom right side of the screen a popup would say "Nvidia Display Driver 3xx.xx has just recovered...". Because of that I initially thought it was a driver issue. I cleaned my PC of ANY Nvidia Drivers and installed an older version hoping that would do the trick. It didn't work. Then I downgraded to Win7, where I had zero or at most very few issues. I kept using Win7 up until a few weeks ago, when I decided to upgrade do Win10. My hopes were high, because everything worked fine on the installation and initial setup stages. Then, when I hit the desktop screen for the first time, it took Windows Update 5 minutes to download the latest drivers for my GPU and boom. As soon as the drivers were installed my PC froze. I even tried reinstalling Win10 with the ethernet cable unplugged, disable Win Update and manually install the GPU driver but as soon as I installed it froze. I have NO IDEA of what to do to fix this. I need help. Big time. Thanks!

GPU: GTX Titan 6GB

PSU: EVGA Supernova 750G2

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500k

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb (4x4)

STORAGE: 2x Kingston 120GB SSD / 1x WD 2TB HDD

CASE: Corsair Obsidian 800D with 8 Corsair SP120/140 fans

Hey guys!

Everything started one year ago, when I still used Win8.1 Pro. Things were good. Games ran absolutely fine and buttery smooth. I had ZERO issues. Then, one day, I was playing some random game and my PC froze and the screen turned black. Well, it didn't actually freeze because I could still hear my friends talking but I couldn't see anything. After 6-10 seconds of black screen it would turn to a random color (pink, blue, green...) and there was nothing I could do. Actually, mashing CTRL+ALT+DEL would fix it sometimes but it wasn't that common. By doing that I would see my screen again and on the bottom right side of the screen a popup would say "Nvidia Display Driver 3xx.xx has just recovered...". Because of that I initially thought it was a driver issue. I cleaned my PC of ANY Nvidia Drivers and installed an older version hoping that would do the trick. It didn't work. Then I downgraded to Win7, where I had zero or at most very few issues. I kept using Win7 up until a few weeks ago, when I decided to upgrade do Win10. My hopes were high, because everything worked fine on the installation and initial setup stages. Then, when I hit the desktop screen for the first time, it took Windows Update 5 minutes to download the latest drivers for my GPU and boom. As soon as the drivers were installed my PC froze. I even tried reinstalling Win10 with the ethernet cable unplugged, disable Win Update and manually install the GPU driver but as soon as I installed it froze. I have NO IDEA of what to do to fix this. I need help. Big time. Thanks!

GPU: GTX Titan 6GB

PSU: EVGA Supernova 750G2

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500k

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb (4x4)

STORAGE: 2x Kingston 120GB SSD / 1x WD 2TB HDD

CASE: Corsair Obsidian 800D with 8 Corsair SP120/140 fans

Maybe your gpu is dying.

Desktop 1: CPU: Intel Core i7 4770  GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 960 Ram: Crucial DDR3 2x8GB 1600 MHz  Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB and Segate 1TB Hard drive  Desktop 2: CPU: Intel Pentium G3258  GPU: AMD R7 250  Ram: Corsair Vengance DRR3 2x8GB 1600 MHz  Mobo: MSI H81M-E33  PSU: Corsair CX430M  Case: Rosewill MicroAtx Mini Tower

I want to say its time to RMA the GPU, but if it worked on Win7 then I want to say it is drivers but can't really say.

Regards Elias N Martinez. | Graphic and motion design are my jobs. 3D modeling is my hobby. I do what I enjoy.  Skype: eliasnmartinez1 (please state that you are coming from LTT)

I've heard Nvidia was having some problems with their drives recently. Besides trying older drivers or switching back to Windows 7, all you can do is wait until a more stable driver is out.

Maybe your gpu is dying.

I guess it is... I'll buy a new one, RMA is too much of headache for me. Thanks!

I want to say its time to RMA the GPU, but if it worked on Win7 then I want to say it is drivers but can't really say.

I don't think it's the drivers. The card is old anyways. It had a happy life. Time to move on!

I don't think it's the drivers. The card is old anyways. It had a happy life. Time to move on!

What card are you thinking about?

Desktop 1: CPU: Intel Core i7 4770  GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 960 Ram: Crucial DDR3 2x8GB 1600 MHz  Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB and Segate 1TB Hard drive  Desktop 2: CPU: Intel Pentium G3258  GPU: AMD R7 250  Ram: Corsair Vengance DRR3 2x8GB 1600 MHz  Mobo: MSI H81M-E33  PSU: Corsair CX430M  Case: Rosewill MicroAtx Mini Tower

If its the GTX Titan, then it should still covered with the warranty? Ain't it?

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero