CANIS MAJORIS (modded Tt Core X9) - Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational S2

ciobanulx

Other then it becomming less and less a pair of modded Core X9's. so does it start to look a little like a space ship. More so if the radiators on the back one where mounted upside down (to the top, hanging down), as they would look like engines comming out of the ship.

I speak my mind, sorry if thats a problem.

Other then it becomming less and less a pair of modded Core X9's. so does it start to look a little like a space ship. More so if the radiators on the back one where mounted upside down (to the top, hanging down), as they would look like engines comming out of the ship.

Thanks man, yea that's the idea, I want it to look like a space ship :D

The radiators in to bottom case will probably be attached to the bottom facing up, not got have them on an angle like that. And yea, your idea is really good, hopefully it will give that effect :)

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

aqnLash.png

Hey guys!

I have secured the side rad mounts and mounted two of the 480mm radiators going in this build just to get a feel for how much room there will be in that section of the case.

Also the radiators on the bottom of the other case are mounted on an angle like that but I'm probably not gonna go with that idea. They will most likely go with two sets of fans on them mounted to the bottom of the case. The LEDs from the Riing fans should give it a nice underglow :)

fpq3RrM.jpg

Also front panel still looks the same from last time however I will most likely get rid of the mesh and redo the whole front.

E1qCiwi.jpg

mjh3h4x.jpg

Pump/res combo should fit nicely under the motherboard tray. A new motherboard tray will be going in :)

riVSOap.jpg

SsN8J3e.jpg

ROgD4qY.jpg

mASsD5h.jpg

zXeHluO.jpg

Thanks for checking it out!

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

Those rad mounts 

Cheers :D

You have inspired me to mod a case. How would you recommend started?

Thanks man :D Best way to start is to just get a case and start doing it, that's how I started. You don't need much experience as you will learn a lot when actually doing it. Get a case you would like to mod and then have a look and see what you would like to mod on it. Start doing it and more ideas will come, have a read on the build logs here and also on Bit-Tech and The Mod Zoo, very good modding build logs on there with ideas to get you started. Hope this helps :)

SIMPLE MODZ

You have inspired me to mod a case. How would you recommend started?

I would find a case and take it apart, the put it back together.

That way so are you learning about how to best takes things apart without damaging them and how to put things together in such a way that it looks like it was never taken apart.

I feel that those are 2 of the basic skills you should master before beginning on any big projects.

I would find a case and take it apart, the put it back together.

That way so are you learning about how to best takes things apart without damaging them and how to put things together in such a way that it looks like it was never taken apart.

I feel that those are 2 of the basic skills you should master before beginning on any big projects.

Cheers :D

Thanks man :D Best way to start is to just get a case and start doing it, that's how I started. You don't need much experience as you will learn a lot when actually doing it. Get a case you would like to mod and then have a look and see what you would like to mod on it. Start doing it and more ideas will come, have a read on the build logs here and also on Bit-Tech and The Mod Zoo, very good modding build logs on there with ideas to get you started. Hope this helps :)

Thanks just purchased a 250d.

aqnLash.png

Package from Newegg has just arrived! A huge thanks to everyone there for the awesome support!

I will be updating the full system specs for this build shortly :D Also more pics will be coming!

JCHglPi.jpg

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

aqnLash.png

Hey guys,

Here is another update on the system. Work on the case continues but first I would like to let you guys know the entire spec list :D

Case – Two modded Thermaltake Core X9s

Motherboard – ASUS Sabertooth X99

CPU – Intel i7 5930K

GPU – 3 x ASUS STRIX GTX970s

Memory – 8 x 4GB Avexir Core Series DDR4 2400Mhz (4 x orange LED, 4 x blue LED)

SSD – Samsung SM951 512GB AHCI M.2 ; 2 x 500GB Crucial MX200 SSDs

PSU – Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 1200W Platinum

Cables – Icemodz custom sleeved cables

Radiators – 4 x Thermaltake Pacific RL480 Radiators

Fans – 26 x Thermaltake Riing 12 High Static Pressure LED Fans - Orange, Blue and White

Pumps – 2 x Thermaltake Pacific PT40-D5 Silent Kit Reservoir/Pump Combo with Thermaltake Pacific T11 Reservoirs

Reservoirs – 2 x Fully Custom Reservoirs and 2 x Thermaltake Pacific R33 Reservoir

Fittings – Various Thermaltake 16mm Rigid Compressions fittings , right angles and extension fittings as well as some soft tubing compression fittings for 3/8” ID x 1/2” OD tubing that I will be using in some spots. Also a few Bitspower pass-through fittings.

Tubing - Thermaltake V-Tubler PETG Tube 16mm OD

CPU Block – Thermaltake Pacific W1 CPU Water Block

GPU Blocks - Thermaltake VGA Water Block for ASUS STRIX-GTX 970

Coolant – Mayhems Aurora 2 Silver base concentrate and a combination of Mayhems Dyes in Red, Yellow and Blue to achieve the desired coolant colour

Lighting – Icemodz RGD LED Strips

Other – Thermaltake Commander FT – Touchscreen Fan Controller, 3 x Vandal Momentary and Latching switches for custom power button as well switch for the reservoir LEDs, custom MNPCTECH case feed, MNPCTECH machined aluminum fans grills and acrylic grills for the radiator fans as well as some modders mesh

I'm really excited for everything going in this system and can't wait to see it up and running :D

Here are some more pics of the work in progress. Started working on the bottom section too!

Acrylic motherboard tray is in.

jdQPSK4.jpg

lc6DsFM.jpg

And here is the case with the bottom section attached!

G7Linsq.jpg

rRn5OpI.jpg

elKDLgy.jpg

9yx0nDv.jpg

Hope it's starting to look more like a spaceship :D

Thanks for checking it out and stay tuned for more!

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

Think its the first time I have seen a sponsored build with 3x 970's. Not that its bad, but most people want to have more high end cards when they go with 3 GPUs.

Right now so does the case remind me more of a shuttle then a spaceship, but I still wonder where the "engine" will be, as it tends to stick out on spaceships.

Think its the first time I have seen a sponsored build with 3x 970's. Not that its bad, but most people want to have more high end cards when they go with 3 GPUs.

Right now so does the case remind me more of a shuttle then a spaceship, but I still wonder where the "engine" will be, as it tends to stick out on spaceships.

That's the thing with sponsored builds though, you don't always get a choice on what you want to use for everything. For this everyone is using Strix 970s as Thermaltake had waterblocks ready for them 

SIMPLE MODZ

That's the thing with sponsored builds though, you don't always get a choice on what you want to use for everything. For this everyone is using Strix 970s as Thermaltake had waterblocks ready for them 

Guess they are saving money then, as most sponored builds wants to have best you can get in them to make it stand out more, unless the one that is sponsored wanted something else. Not that it mather much, but just a first for me seeing it.

The build looks great but what worries me is the use of theemaltake watercooling parts. Ik that the rads are bare aluminum and the block is copper so you are going to have mixed metals in the loop. Also, the fittings are painted rather than anodized so that might come off into the loop.

The build looks great but what worries me is the use of theemaltake watercooling parts. Ik that the rads are bare aluminum and the block is copper so you are going to have mixed metals in the loop. Also, the fittings are painted rather than anodized so that might come off into the loop.

I doubt they would send bad parts to something that gets so much attention, so it will most likely perform the same as other brands.

I doubt they would send bad parts to something that gets so much attention, so it will most likely perform the same as other brands.

For competition machines, the long-term performance is completely irrelevant. As long as the parts look good and function well enough for weeks, rather than years then it's good enough.

Just look at some of Mayhems coolant. They have competition grade stuff that looks amazing but they themselves don't recommend it for long term use as it will clog up the loop.

duc sequere aut de via decede

CPU: i7 6800K | Mobo: MSI X99 Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: SLI EVGA 980 Ti Hydro Copper | PSU: EVGA 1000P2 | Memory: 64 DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum | Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 & Samsung 850 Evo 1TB| Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 | Display: Predator X34 & Dell U2715H | Cooling: Custom Loop

Custom hard line watercooled Fractal Node 202 ITX build log

It's not that thermaltake is sending their bad parts. Those are their best parts. Thermaltake's watercooling products are absolutely terrible. The supposedly full cover water block they make for gpu's only covers the GPU and vram, leaving the vrm to cook underneath the plastic shroud with out so much as a heatsink to cool it. In addition to that, their coolant is glycol based, which is very toxic and hasnt been used by other companies in years. Thermaltake did all of this so they could deliver products that are cheaper than their competition withoit a thought given to the quality of the parts.

It makes me think of the Snowspeeder from Star Wars, very nice looking so far. It is slightly bigger than say an S340, right? The fan/radiator mount makes it appear that way.

Anyways, what's supposed to be at the bottom portion? I assume the PSU and maybe some hard drives or water cooling gear, but I'm not sure.

Well fi you don't want those 970s you can always send them to me...  :lol:

Hahaha they are more than welcome :D

Guess they are saving money then, as most sponored builds wants to have best you can get in them to make it stand out more, unless the one that is sponsored wanted something else. Not that it mather much, but just a first for me seeing it.

I think with this one it was just limitations on production. Tt only has Strix 970 and 980 waterblocks available at the moment and with 10 people involved in this competition needing waterblocks you can imagine how many would be needed :P. Unfortunately to make it fair on everyone as there were not enough 980 waterblocks at the time, everyone uses Strix 970s. It's all good though, the hardware doesn't make the mod :P

I can guarantee you that the loop won't have any problems running and the fittings are definitely anodized and not painted, there are no painted fittings. I will display pics of all the Tt hardware going it once the case is ready.

Yea it does all perform exactly the same. Also Corsair use aluminum rads on their new H100 GTX and GT AIOs and they work fine as well :)

For competition machines, the long-term performance is completely irrelevant. As long as the parts look good and function well enough for weeks, rather than years then it's good enough.

Just look at some of Mayhems coolant. They have competition grade stuff that looks amazing but they themselves don't recommend it for long term use as it will clog up the loop.

Competition builds use the same parts as any other build. I will be using this after the competition ends and I can update this thread with performance over the period :)

Also yea Mayhems Aurora is generally a show fluid due to the particles in it however Aurora 2 is good to use in general builds as well. They now have an Aurora booster that will give it the effect again after a while and I believe the particles dissolve after a while and then you can use the booster to do just that boost it :)

It's not that thermaltake is sending their bad parts. Those are their best parts. Thermaltake's watercooling products are absolutely terrible. The supposedly full cover water block they make for gpu's only covers the GPU and vram, leaving the vrm to cook underneath the plastic shroud with out so much as a heatsink to cool it. In addition to that, their coolant is glycol based, which is very toxic and hasnt been used by other companies in years. Thermaltake did all of this so they could deliver products that are cheaper than their competition withoit a thought given to the quality of the parts.

GPU blocks have been updated now to cover the VRM too

It makes me think of the Snowspeeder from Star Wars, very nice looking so far. It is slightly bigger than say an S340, right? The fan/radiator mount makes it appear that way.

Anyways, what's supposed to be at the bottom portion? I assume the PSU and maybe some hard drives or water cooling gear, but I'm not sure.

The case is huge! It will be on display at EB Games Expo and will take some pics of it next to people and other things for comparison.

The bottom will hold the other two 480 rads and two reservoirs as well :). No HDDs going in, 1TB of Crucial SSDs and also the Samsung SM951 512GB M.2 PCIE SSD :D Should be more than enough storage and also super fast :D

SIMPLE MODZ

aqnLash.png

Back with another update!

Fixed the motherboard tray to the case and mounted pumps and res.

Just a perfect fit for the little pump and res combo. I cut a small hole for the fittings to come out of but forgot I need another one for the fill port. Hopefully I don't mess the other one up and the two fittings align properly :P

wd2zg0d.jpg

You can also see I added some supports to the bottom panel. Very simple, just some threaded rods and the build is very solid along with the brackets I made. Once panels go on it will reinforce it even more.

Wbi496Z.jpg

lYZpOO0.jpg

vewAQGZ.jpg

2MjFYu2.jpg

owp4iJX.jpg

CPU cut out and also tapped for the motherboard stand-offs. The cables will come from underneath the motherboard to plug in. Will give it a nice clean look.

nQLYaRf.jpg

Reservoir inlet fittings

w2nxV3Z.jpg

1f2aoCc.jpg

Kg2bhhV.jpg

Just need to drill for the fill port now.

Also if you guys are wondering why the small reservoirs hidden under there then stay tuned as something really exciting will go in the top section of the build next to the motherboard :D

Thanks for checking it out and stay tuned for more!

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

I take it that you are still test fitting things? Or do you plan on making the final touches after its mounted?

I take it that you are still test fitting things? Or do you plan on making the final touches after its mounted?

Yea this is still test fitting. The case will have to come apart again once done and it will be powder coated before a final assembly :)

SIMPLE MODZ

aqnLash.png

More updates on the case guys!

Front and back panels are on. They are from 4.5mm thick black gloss acrylic. More work still needs to be done to them.

Also the front panel there is a little window cut out and below there is room for a fan controller and the vandal switches :)

PeS5E48.jpg

fM07vey.jpg

epmgd4H.jpg

hH7iJ8x.jpg

dxQFGZM.jpg

KzfqKXv.jpg

Oyh5t43.jpg

hTcIM1F.jpg

Thanks for checking it you!

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

I just want to find out where you live so that I can see you mod, nice progress on the case so far Alex

Thanks a lot mate! Hahaha I live on the Gold Coast, if you're ever around we can probably arrange something :P

SIMPLE MODZ