DVD to PC Ripping Advice

loony979

Ok guys im about to embark on a project ive always wanted to do ,put all my DVD's to my pc .

I have a new HHD coming as ive nearly used up all my 1tb drive so got a 4tb wd black coming.

Anyway ive seen this program seen that program ,even was able to move the entire dvd to a folder to play of it it works but doesnt like to work if ya get me ,its glitchy & can't keep up ? not sure .

So my main question - Is there a program that will let me rip the DVD and Keep the original Quality that the DVD has i don't mind paying up to $50 for a good program .

I did also see that VLC player you can do it as well while watching the movie but it's 1x the speed ,i like things to go faster But if that's what it takes for Original quality then great i guess i can deal with that np .

Ideas guys - would love it thanks & Also my PC set up is a lounge room set up on a TV & a Receiver .umm you can also check out my build log to get an idea of what im working with will update this now. Thanks again .

Case: | TT Core x71 | Mobo: | Gigabyte Aorus Elite DDR4 | Cpu: 13600K | 1.310V | P-Core 5.7GHZ | E-Core 3.2GHZ | Cpu Block: EK Quantum Velocity2 | Ram: Team T-Force Vulcan Z 4x8GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Gpu: Gigabyte GTX G1 970 Bios Hacked 1.275V | Gpu Block: EK | Cooling: Custom Loop | Rads: 4 | PSU: Corsair RM 1000w

Ok guys im about to embark on a project ive always wanted to do ,put all my DVD's to my pc .

I have a new HHD coming as ive nearly used up all my 1tb drive so got a 4tb wd black coming.

Anyway ive seen this program seen that program ,even was able to move the entire dvd to a folder to play of it it works but doesnt like to work if ya get me ,its glitchy & can't keep up ? not sure .

So my main question - Is there a program that will let me rip the DVD and Keep the original Quality that the DVD has i don't mind paying up to $50 for a good program .

I did also see that VLC player you can do it as well while watching the movie but it's 1x the speed ,i like things to go faster But if that's what it takes for Original quality then great i guess i can deal with that np .

Ideas guys - would love it thanks & Also my PC set up is a lounge room set up on a TV & a Receiver .umm you can also check out my build log to get an idea of what im working with will update this now. Thanks again .

use dvdfab

rip the dvds to a ISO file

then stuff like vlc and xbmc/kodi can play it just like that

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

I did this a few years ago

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

I use MakeMKV which is free and works great.  It doesn't transcode so the quality will not be degraded.  You get video files however, not disk images, so there are no menus etc.  Just depends what you want really.

I use MakeMKV which is free and works great.  It doesn't transcode so the quality will not be degraded.  You get video files however, not disk images, so there are no menus etc.  Just depends what you want really.

Well if i can have my movies in 1 file to play of VLC with it's picture qualities & the 5.1 Sound that would be nice if it creates a file say 5-8gb per movie so be it., thank you. good advice.

Case: | TT Core x71 | Mobo: | Gigabyte Aorus Elite DDR4 | Cpu: 13600K | 1.310V | P-Core 5.7GHZ | E-Core 3.2GHZ | Cpu Block: EK Quantum Velocity2 | Ram: Team T-Force Vulcan Z 4x8GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Gpu: Gigabyte GTX G1 970 Bios Hacked 1.275V | Gpu Block: EK | Cooling: Custom Loop | Rads: 4 | PSU: Corsair RM 1000w