ALC892 vs ALC1150

Far<3
Go to solution Solved by Volbet,

can you hear the difference between the two, or is it so minor it doesnt really matter ?

You might be able to hear a difference, but i doubt it. They are both onboard audio so neither of them are that that clear in their sound image.

i dont know much about audio or what exactly a Audio codec is but i assume it has something to do with the sound quality (Internal sound card)

i was comparing a older motherboard i own to the MSI Z87-GD65 and was wonder what is the big sound difference between the ALC892 audio codec and ALC1150 audio codec.

Older Mobo:

Type HD Audio (8-channel) Audio Codec Realtek ALC892 Compliant Standards High Definition Audio

Msi Mobo:

Type HD Audio (8-channel) Audio Codec Realtek ALC1150 Compliant Standards High Definition Audio, Sound Blaster Cinema

Sidenote: what does the "sound blaster cinema" provide ? sharper sound, lower bass?

Thanks!

Those are onboard soundcards. And I think the Soundblaster Cinema is a software solution for certain settings. Sotra like the THX software suite 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

can you hear the difference between the two, or is it so minor it doesnt really matter ?

You might be able to hear a difference, but i doubt it. They are both onboard audio so neither of them are that that clear in their sound image.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Does the older motherboard you own have a built in amp? If it doesn't it will most likely make a noticeable difference. (Depending on your ears and your headphones)

Look up some reviews about the onboard audio on the MSI z87 gaming, its actually pretty good. Comparable to a Asus Xonar sound cards.