What is ARC HDMI

spwath

My receiver manual says TV must support the ARC feture on HDMI.

It also says turn on Control For HDMI Feture on TV

What does this mean?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

It also says turn on Control For HDMI Feture on TV

When i put something on my chromcast my reciver auto changes to that.

when i turn my ps3 onr or off so does the reciver 

it lets it communicate with other devices.

(my shits all SONY, so its the bravia connection but other companies have that stuff too)

I don't know what is it.

But what I got when I googled it, is this

ARC is supposed to let you have one connection between your TV and whatever you use to create sound: a receiver or a sound bar. You send video to the TV with an HDMI cable, and that same HDMI cable sends audio from the TV back down the same cable.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

think of it as a duplex connection through HDMI. the cable can handle signals in

both directions through both connections at the devices. can transport video/sound

through both directions send and receive. most cables are "rated" as single pass or

omni-directional.

HDMI 1.4 introduces a feature called ARC (Audio Return Channel).

ARC is an audio link meant to replace other cables between the TV and the A/V receiver or speaker system. This direction is used when the TV is the one that generates or receives the video stream instead of the other equipment. A typical case is the running of an app on a smart TV such as Netflix, but reproduction of audio is handled by the other equipment. Without ARC, the audio output from the TV needs to be routed by another cable, typically TOS-Link or coax, into the speaker system.

The other one probably refers to CEC.

Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) is an HDMI feature designed to allow the user to command and control up-to 15 CEC-enabled devices, that are connected through HDMI, by using only one of their remote controls (for example by controlling a television set, set-top box, and DVD player using only the remote control of the TV). CEC also allows for individual CEC-enabled devices to command and control each other without user intervention.

Audio Return Channel (if I remember correctly) It sends audio from whatever is connected to your tv back to the sound system.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14