So Why Is Apple "The best" in some peoples eyes?

whatishacks

Butting in: High pixel density displays (above 100ppi) are actually detrimental for multimedia artists because it fools them (like me) into thinking an image is tack sharp when in reality (at 100ppi), it's really not.

That's not the general opinion as far I can tell...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

It's not even worth me explaining jackshite to you about bluetooth profiles. Have a good day sir and enjoy your iDevice.

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

It's not even worth me explaining jackshite to you about bluetooth profiles. Have a good day sir and enjoy your iDevice.

A2dp still involves audio compression as I understand...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

A2dp still involves audio compression as I understand...

A2DP involves audio compression yes, but the entire compression and decompression process is much more efficient compared to the older standard (I currently can't remember the name off the top of my head) of which one can definitely notice a quality loss. I've streamed music over bluetooth into several A2DP compatible devices, including two headphones, as well as a portable speaker, and I cannot tell the difference between those vs their wired counterparts.

I could only tell a difference between the audio quality over Bluetooth and wired on one occasion when I used a cheap 3G-enabled tablet (Archos 70 Xenon) as my daily driver for a while, and the difference wasn't really that prominent anyway. The audio was ever so slightly muffled compared to wired headphones. The tablet had a shitty sound card anyway, it couldn't even handle small low-end frequency increments in the eq.

Let me clarify what I'm getting at with Picky in his situation of poor audio quality over his car's bluetooth reciever. I believe his car does NOT support A2DP, and only supports handsfree, which carries mono bidirectional audio used with bluetooth earpieces for calls. Handsfree has absolutely terrible audio quality, but it is completely fine for normal calls. The fact that he is also trying to compare an open wireless standard to Apple's custom interface connector is silly in my opinion.

Speedtests

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

CPU             i5-4430S

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

Quotes of Fame

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

A2DP involves audio compression yes, but the entire compression and decompression process is much more efficient compared to the older standard (I currently can't remember the name off the top of my head) of which one can definitely notice a quality loss. I've streamed music over bluetooth into several A2DP compatible devices, including two headphones, as well as a portable speaker, and I cannot tell the difference between those vs their wired counterparts.

I could only tell a difference between the audio quality over Bluetooth and wired on one occasion when I used a cheap 3G-enabled tablet (Archos 70 Xenon) as my daily driver for a while, and the difference wasn't really that prominent anyway. The audio was ever so slightly muffled compared to wired headphones. The tablet had a shitty sound card anyway, it couldn't even handle small low-end frequency increments in the eq

I use a2dp all the time for my phones headphones. It would be nice to see lossless a2dp

I use a2dp all the time for my phones headphones. It would be nice to see lossless a2dp

Same here. I made the switch to Bluetooth headphones after having people brush past on public transport, with their clothes catching my headphones' wire and dragging it off my head countless times. I had previously purchased a bluetooth audio reciever for a portable speaker and decided the audio quality was on point for me personally, which caused me to make the jump and get a pair of headphones. Since the headphones are independently powered, I've been enjoying music at much higher volumes, with much greater bass, with next to no distortion.

I have had my headphones die on me a few times before - and now I carry around backup earpieces just in-case. I also experienced some 'stutter' quite occasionally while listening to music, where my S4 Mini would just lock up and skip some parts of the audio. I haven't had that problem with my S5 though, so that's all good.

And yup, lossless A2DP would be nice. It would probably need to be implemented on another frequency or even over WiFi since Bluetooth has limited bandwidth

Speedtests

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

CPU             i5-4430S

Spoiler

Type            Server

Quotes of Fame

1. simplicity

Does this mean I'm a dumb user who can't handle any task requiring more than 3 steps? No, I just like simple, it's a preference. I'm an experienced tech guy and don't NEED simple, but I WANT it.

2. Design

Does this mean I'm a sheep that buys anything new and shiny? No, I like clean contemporary looks in the stuff I own.

3. I trust their product will simply work for what I need it for.

Does this mean I'm a fanboy that believes all their marketing? No, I also buy Android and Windows stuff too. I know my Mac is not a gaming machine, that's why I have a PC. I know my iPhone has it's limits with customization, that's why my backup phone is a Nexus 4. The Apple Watch has poor performance and I prefer a clean round watch, that's why I have a Moto 360. My current iPad was a gift.

People assume that since I have mac, iphone and ipad I must be some kind of fanboy with more apple stuff in every category that they make products. That's not true, Apple makes routers but I'm going with Asus with that. Apple makes watches but I have moto for that. Apple make Apple TV but I don't want that right now so I have roku stick. Apple owns Beats...., lets not even go there.... 

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

Please don't ignorantly bash apple/windows

This is more of a discussion thread just to understand a bit better.

My dad is an apple lover.  He calls himself an apple guy.  He has an iphone 6, ipad air 2, macbook pro, apple TV, and is planning to get an apple watch..  He's also waiting on the new apple TV, and is going to buy an iMac as well.

He was going to buy an apple router+expressport, but luckily I stopped him from doing that, by showing him a 10x better router for $30 cheaper.

Anyways, he is always saying his macbook is this and that, and there is some uneducated points he makes which got me thinking.

Why do people just deem apple the best?

Their support is clearly amazing.  My dad took his macbook to the apple store recently cause he thought his hard drive was slow.  They took about 2hours and didn't charge a dime, plus gave him some advice on why his system was slower than usual. 

But for me, I built a $964 desktop and, spec wise, im beating the high-end iMac by a long shot.  Plus, I'm not tied to a GPU I can't upgrade.

Like, im fucking confused.. Are people just drawn to the design and simplicity?

Is it because there are more "average" users than users who need the extra 3 gb of vRam and 2ghz more processor speed?

Please state your opinion!

IMacs are perfect for designers because they have a beautiful and high resolution Display, add that to your PC aswell.

iPhones are simple and just work, with all the problems i've had its so nice to have an iPhone again.

MacPro -  Well its incredible they got it soo small, i don't like it either... 

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

IMacs are perfect for designers because they have a beautiful and high resolution Display, add that to your PC aswell.

iPhones are simple and just work, with all the problems i've had its so nice to have an iPhone again.

MacPro - Well its incredible they got it soo small, i don't like it either...

From a professional friend who uses one at work trash can Mac pros have a really good cooling system if well positioned

Before you decide to do that. Learn the subject of matter before you blabber like you know what you're talking about. If you knew what you were talking about, you'd know that headunits that stream audio over bluetooth are a2dp compatible. If they weren't they they'd just have hands free capabilities like you were referring to. If the radio can't play music over bluetooth then it's not a2dp. Clearly, I mentioned I could stream audio over bluetooth but with you knowing everything like the teenager you are bet my radio was only hands free bluetooth. If that's the case, then how can I stream music if it's only for cell phones? Answer this one retardo.

Before you decide to do that. Learn the subject of matter before you blabber like you know what you're talking about. If you knew what you were talking about, you'd know that headunits that stream audio over bluetooth are a2dp compatible. If they weren't they they'd just have hands free capabilities like you were referring to. If the radio can't play music over bluetooth then it's not a2dp. Clearly, I mentioned I could stream audio over bluetooth but with you knowing everything like the teenager you are bet my radio was only hands free bluetooth. If that's the case, then how can I stream music if it's only for cell phones? Answer this one retardo.

Most devices can stream music in handsfree mode. I can do it on my Galaxy S5 and could do it back in the day on my BlackBerry 8520. My windows machine can do it too my simply changing the default output device to the headset profile of any connected bluetooth audio device.

Proceed with your good day sir as I have no interest in learning new things from someone calling me names, regardless of me being correct or not.

Speedtests

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

CPU             i5-4430S

Spoiler

Type            Server

Quotes of Fame

Your just as bad as him, incapable of seeing other viewpoints, incapable of spelling realise (im joking, we've already got one argument going here) and your also very clearly an ignorant, butthurt apple fanboy that obviously knows nothing about technology, or any sense on what to spend his money on if you do know about it.

Or you're just trolling.

Realize is actually spelt like this inside Firefox's US language pack for starters...

Secondly, he is pointing it out for a consumers perspective, as tech enthusiasts we know it's overpriced and generally not worth it (note that this isn't necessarily the case for secondhand hardware).

A consumer will buy an apple product because "it just works", they generally do have more pro's over some non-apple branded machines in the same class

such as the touchpad on a Macbook is a lot better and has more functions inside the OS out of the box.

You are being ignorant for not realizing that most consumers don't know about price:performance at all and are wiling to spend more on particular aesthetics if they like them.

Also note that there is a lot of advantages over Apple computers/phones than it's competitors for tech enthusiasts such as developers, there is a huge market within the development of iOS (arguably more than android depending on the purpose of the app).

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350