So Why Is Apple "The best" in some peoples eyes?

whatishacks

I think OSX is perfectly suited to power users, especially with how it handles lots of tasks with mission control, expose, spaces etc

Just because windows is a bitch to use, doenst mean OSX is dumbed down, it is just made easy and simple to do 

What do you mean by "I actually have to be online to play shit that I own......" 

I dont understand ??? You dont have to be online to play music transferred to your iPhone/iPad or Mac.....

if I'm not online when I start apple music. it searches for an internet connection....without an internet connection, or a poor internet connection you're stuck waiting for over a minute for it to actually recognise you don't give a fuck about beats.... I'm sure this problem has been fixed since, but my first expertience with the update was less than good. regional australia intenet, and the fact that I couldn't play any music on my iphone because steve jobs ghost was being a little bitch, and not smacking dan cook back to his teet farming momma.

beats is broken if you're offline for the initial login. It only takes a second, but if you don't have connection you're SOL.

if I'm not online when I start apple music. it searches for an internet connection....without an internet connection, or a poor internet connection you're stuck waiting for over a minute for it to actually recognise you don't give a fuck about beats.... I'm sure this problem has been fixed since, but my first expertience with the update was less than good. regional australia intenet, and the fact that I couldn't play any music on my iphone because steve jobs ghost was being a little bitch, and not smacking dan cook back to his teet farming momma.

beats is broken if you're offline for the initial login. It only takes a second, but if you don't have connection you're SOL.

What? I am on my iPhone right now.. that doenst happen.....I just turned off wifi and I have no 3g, (tried plane mode too)  if i open Apple Music.. it just opens straight away, I press on My Music on the bottom right and it opens immediately - it has since day one

No log in, no checking for connection or anything like that

EDIT: I will put it into airplane mode and restart my phone, see if i can make it ask me

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I think OSX is perfectly suited to power users, especially with how it handles lots of tasks with mission control, expose, spaces etc

Just because windows is a bitch to use, doenst mean OSX is dumbed down, it is just made easy and simple to do 

What do you mean by "I actually have to be online to play shit that I own......" 

I dont understand ??? You dont have to be online to play music transferred to your iPhone/iPad or Mac.....

read below. I'm sure it was an initial design glitch, but the first release of beats required you to have an initial internet connection to start.... something I'm sure has been fixed because I haven't run into the problem since.

read below. I'm sure it was an initial design glitch, but the first release of beats required you to have an initial internet connection to start.... something I'm sure has been fixed because I haven't run into the problem since.

Then what's the issue? :D it was a bug that has been fixed... Things like that crop up on every operating system or App sometimes

They had just launched a brand new service, for the first time in their history.. it was bound to have a small issue at launch

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

btw, while I'm sure beats is a wonderful streaming service it's still very broken....

You cannot delete multiple songs from your device.

You cannot choose which songs to upload to your device.

You cannot delete songs individually on your device multiple times without apple music crashing.

You cannot upload playlists outside of beats audio.

They locked down everything that made me buy an iphone for ease of use. It's your call but, I'll sit down and upload all my music to whatever android program I feel like using...Steve jobs is dead, and with him went whatever Quality assurance apple had on their products.

Now it's the same corporate decision style that had chrysler deciding that the number of cars crashing and killing people was cheaper than a recall of all affected products.

That depends, the Razer Blade 14 2015 is a shocking $2999 or $3,199.99 at Ncix (canadian) ATM for the QHD+ touchscreen, 970m,  256 gb version. The mac equivalent ($3000) would be a 15 inch macbook pro with r9 m370x and 512 gb. The Mac has a larger screen, double the storage, and has a better battery, BUT lacks in the graphics department for games. Also no touchscreen :[

Really it all comes down to the product category. They are both high end, high performance laptops in thin chassis. 

Another example, the macbook 2015 retina 13" base is pretty price competitive with the Dell XPS 13. 

Don't go around comparing gaming notebooks to macbooks. Try getting more than 2 hours of on screen time with a gaming notebook. Spoiler I tried, I learned the hard way you can't. 

Yes, apple products do have a price premium, *cough* iPhone.

btw, while I'm sure beats is a wonderful streaming service it's still very broken....

You cannot delete multiple songs from your device.

You cannot choose which songs to upload to your device.

You cannot delete songs individually on your device multiple times without apple music crashing.

You cannot upload playlists outside of beats audio.

They locked down everything that made me buy an iphone for ease of use. It's your call but, I'll sit down and upload all my music to whatever android program I feel like using...Steve jobs is dead, and with him went whatever Quality assurance apple had on their products.

Now it's the same corporate decision style that had chrysler deciding that the number of cars crashing and killing people was cheaper than a recall of all affected products.

They also fucked up iTunes. Luckily for me I've got an older version that actually makes sense and works with a 7th gen iPod nano.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

First of all, it's the design. Most of their products have all-around great specifications for what they are. Obviously they're expensive, but something like an iPhone have attention to detail to everything. Not like most Android phones. They might have great camera but awful battery life (Galaxy S6, for example).

Secondly, they have hands down, the best integration of all of their products. If you have an iPhone you can write SMS, answer calls on your MacBook Air. You might say you can install Pushbullet, and people like us, will do it, but the majority of people just want stuff to work and Apple delivers that greatly.

I needed an ultrabook. The 11 inch macbook air at the time was way cheaper than anything windows based that had amazing build quality at the time. Also, my favourite DAW is Logic, which is unfortunate, being Apple exclusive. Eventually, I'll have to buy an expensive macbook pro :/

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

First of all, it's the design. Most of their products have all-around great specifications for what they are. Obviously they're expensive, but something like an iPhone have attention to detail to everything. Not like most Android phones. They might have great camera but awful battery life (Galaxy S6, for example).

Secondly, they have hands down, the best integration of all of their products. If you have an iPhone you can write SMS, answer calls on your MacBook Air. You might say you can install Pushbullet, and people like us, will do it, but the majority of people just want stuff to work and Apple delivers that greatly.

I agree apples product integration has always been a major selling point. Any apple integrated product just needs less resources to run because they actually optimise the code before they allow it to run on the apple platform....They used to at least. IOS7 was a broken mess that forced the phone to OC, run hot, thermal throttle, and on the rare times that feature broke, actually damage the user...

Please don't ignorantly bash apple/windows

This is more of a discussion thread just to understand a bit better.

My dad is an apple lover.  He calls himself an apple guy.  He has an iphone 6, ipad air 2, macbook pro, apple TV, and is planning to get an apple watch..  He's also waiting on the new apple TV, and is going to buy an iMac as well.

He was going to buy an apple router+expressport, but luckily I stopped him from doing that, by showing him a 10x better router for $30 cheaper.

Anyways, he is always saying his macbook is this and that, and there is some uneducated points he makes which got me thinking.

Why do people just deem apple the best?

Their support is clearly amazing.  My dad took his macbook to the apple store recently cause he thought his hard drive was slow.  They took about 2hours and didn't charge a dime, plus gave him some advice on why his system was slower than usual. 

But for me, I built a $964 desktop and, spec wise, im beating the high-end iMac by a long shot.  Plus, I'm not tied to a GPU I can't upgrade.

Like, im fucking confused.. Are people just drawn to the design and simplicity?

Is it because there are more "average" users than users who need the extra 3 gb of vRam and 2ghz more processor speed?

Please state your opinion!

Your dad probably doesn't need a gpu. You only use yours to play games. Most people don't need a gpu. Apple makes a lot of sense for a lot of people in a lot of ways. Just because you see something as a better option doesn't mean it's a better option for everyone. Some people like the ecosystem that apple has. Some like their support. Some people just like the way they look. At the end of the day apple usually does one or multiple things better than most manufacturers. I'd rather run linux than OSX but their laptops have amazing build quality, screens and battery life. You can't really beat them there. Your dad sounds like a fanboy though. He just wants everything to have an apple logo. 

Also, Apple owns the kings of marketing. Ask someone who buys an Apple product or upgrades from the previous one why they want it. Most of the time they won't know why their they're buying Apple's annual devices.

Not to mention that their marketing department is really good at trivializing any shortcoming of their product to the point of making it sound like the downside was intended.

Not to mention that their marketing department is really good at trivializing any shortcoming of their product to the point of making it sound like the downside was intended.

1GB of RAM can only go so far after all (the dual core ARM CPU they use however are actually pretty damn good).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Guys do we have to make a thread like this every day goddam it?

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

As far as the streaming service goes, so far its as good as Spotify

as far as syncing my own music, its exactly the same system as it was before and has been the same since the first iPod (pretty much)

I don't see what has changed?  it works fine for me and is literally the same as "music" before but not with beats one radio and  music streaming

Anyway that is one service, you can use Spotify, google music, etc on iPhone just fine so you are not forced to use it

This topic is too broad regarding Apple devices as a whole so its pretty pointless discussing just Apple music

(also stop calling it beats music :P its not called that, only the radio station is called Beats one)

Good marketing that's all, people eat that shit up.

They do have good marketing, but I would buy their products even without it

Guys do we have to make a thread like this every day goddam it?

#NewbieProblems (Sort of)

Most of the people who post just have an urge to ask questions that are likely to start a fight these days

It is a repetitive cycle to see threads like these, but we have no power here so........

Good marketing that's all, people eat that shit up.

Keep in mind that in a business stand point marketing can only get you a little. Marketing isn't going to get you anywhere without brand loyalty and recognition (ask HTC about that, remember their HTC can be anything campaign. Where did it go?). You can only get your brand recognised and and trusted by giving a good experience to the buyer. Apple might fail to impress us tech heads, but they do a good damn job at impressing the general public. Just give them a easy experience, make the device look good, easy to use, does the basics better than the rest, and you can then skimp all you want on specs after all you have control on the software you can optimise that.

Pascal laptops guide

#NewbieProblems (Sort of)

Most of the people who post just have an urge to ask questions that are likely to start a fight these days

It is a repetitive cycle to see threads like these, but we have no power here so........

Yeah people have to fan about everything they like, it's typical human nature after all.

Pascal laptops guide

As far as the streaming service goes, so far its as good as Spotify

as far as syncing my own music, its exactly the same system as it was before and has been the same since the first iPod (pretty much)

I don't see what has changed?  it works fine for me and is literally the same as "music" before but not with beats one radio and  music streaming

Anyway that is one service, you can use Spotify, google music, etc on iPhone just fine so you are not forced to use it

This topic is too broad regarding Apple devices as a whole so its pretty pointless discussing just Apple music

(also stop calling it beats music :P its not called that, only the radio station is called Beats one)

They do have good marketing, but I would buy their products even without it

actually i call it beats music because that's what it actually is. They bought beats not because of the headphones, but because of the streaming platform associated with it. They did minimal modifications to make it work with apple music...What else would you call it? It is no longer itunes, it doesn't work the same way, but it works remarkably similar to the original beats audio, or even spotify...And btw if i wanted spotify on my phone I'd download it. The issues I have with apple music that i listed before are from the current release. I'm not trying to sugarcoat it, and while I am trying to support my point of view i feel that objectively for anything but playing a pregenerated playlist (generated within your apple device) apple music is a buggy mess.

It looks good and is more expensive. For people who don't know what they're talking about, that means they must be better. That's not to say all apple costumers are like that, but a substantial portion is, and the ones that aren't don't go around claiming apple products are always better period.

This isn't a bad thing for some people, but the problem is it leads to different expectations, and it makes it very difficult for the power user to use the advanced features which you have to go looking for if you want to do more than open email.

And one has to wonder why you should spend 1300$ to open your emails (since the 1100$ imac uses a 5400 rpm drive and a 1.4ghz dual core ulp cpu I will discard it as unusable).

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

My co-worker and I were just discussing the Macbook pro's that we each own, and our mutual frustration with Apple products. The macbook pro I bought at the time was the best looking and performing machine compared to other companies. I'm still not used to the OS though, as I use Windows at work, and was brought up on Windows machines in school and waaaaay back to the Commodore 64. 

Most people want something to work, and work well out of the box. They don't want to dick around with trying to make something work, downloading drivers, etc, etc. They want to plug some peripheral in and have the computer instantly recognize it. Much like a car, they want to get in turn the key, and "go". I have other co-workers that are complete technophobes and when a PC computer doesn't "just work" they hit the panic button and freak out because they are not in "control" of the situation.

Apple is leading the charge as far as design is concerned, simple cable management without a huge cluster of wires sticking out and an elegant look that goes with almost anything in your house. Look at how many companies have now switched their product design because of Apple. Apple provides a nice neat and tidy package for people to buy into without having to see if something is compatible or not. 

I'm still going to build a PC vs. buying an iMac though.

actually i call it beats music because that's what it actually is. They bought beats not because of the headphones, but because of the streaming platform associated with it. They did minimal modifications to make it work with apple music...What else would you call it? It is no longer itunes, it doesn't work the same way, but it works remarkably similar to the original beats audio, or even spotify...And btw if i wanted spotify on my phone I'd download it. The issues I have with apple music that i listed before are from the current release. I'm not trying to sugarcoat it, and while I am trying to support my point of view i feel that objectively for anything but playing a pregenerated playlist (generated within your apple device) apple music is a buggy mess.

I would call it Apple Music.. because that's its name....regardless of where its from

Just like my friend doesn't call his Nikon D800 camera a Sony Camera, even though Sony made the Sensor for Nikon...its still a Nikon D800.. its printed on the body.. 

All I am saying, is, I find it strange the issues you are having, I have not seen anybody else with those issues, and I have not experienced them myself, so I was a bit confused

And one has to wonder why you should spend 1300$ to open your emails (since the 1100$ imac uses a 5400 rpm drive and a 1.4ghz dual core ulp cpu I will discard it as unusable).

Its really pretty, and is nice to use. Simple out of the box, easy all in one design, integrates with their iPhone and iPad

The basic iMac is not unusable, its expensive for its spec, but for basic use its still perfectly snappy, go try one, OSX optimisations are pretty amazing

I would call it Apple Music.. because that's its name....regardless of where its from

Just like my friend doesn't call his Nikon D800 camera a Sony Camera, even though Sony made the Sensor for Nikon...its still a Nikon D800.. its printed on the body.. 

All I am saying, is, I find it strange the issues you are having, I have not seen anybody else with those issues, and I have not experienced them myself, so I was a bit confused

delete half a dozen music tracks one after the other within the device and watch it crash faster than hellen keller behind the wheel of a lambo.

Try uploading music to the phone directly.

transfer a playlist if you don't have an "apple music account" seperate to your itunes account.

I agree that for a basic user IOS is perfectly fine for about a year, until you start running into issues, or you fill your memory. then you look at it and wonder what you were thinking.

All of my stored music is on the phone but I can't listen to it. I don't know whats going on. If I had an album on my phone I now have two, one that works and one that is grayed out. I haven't found a solution (haven't looked for one either) because apple music is pretty neat. I liked spotify more but I stopped using them a couple months ago (5+) because the app was crap and I was only listening to the music I already owned so it seemed pointless. Apple music will probably have the same fate but I still have some free time. 

Any ideas on my owned music? I can't mass delete them and I can't sync stuff via my pc anymore. I assumed this was due to apple music but maybe not if nothing changed for you.